Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP Protection

Questions?? Loads.

Someone is cutting down trees next to your homestead and destroying stumps. You can stay in your safe zone or you can defend your resources. You attack. Zergs jump out of the bushes and kill you as you have no protection. Griefing opportunity extraordinaire.

Someone is stealing your junk pile, just 5m away from your homestead and destroying the resources. You attack. You die to guys hiden behind the hill as you have 2 minute timer. Griefing enabled.

Someone has attacked your neighbour gathering junk and is trying to loot him just next to your homestead. You attack. Zergs jump out of the bushes and you join your neighbour on the ground. Griefing much?

No, author did not think about it well. This is not EVE, no agro timer is required. Your home should be your sanctuary and those who do not want to be attacked should keep away, avoid it in wide circles. By adding agro timers you just prevent people from defending their homes properly.

Questions?

First of all you can always attack and defend your resources. What the writer means is, if you attack and run back, you no longer safe in your safe zone. Whats wrong with that? And remember what Xsyon said in the features list. You need to hire someone for your protection??? Forgot about this??? If you need help, ask your buddies to help u.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Haha you are really funny. A timer its a variable that get increased/decreased base on main loop.
    Your character speed is also depends on a timer, right? otherwise you would run as fast as your cpu/or server can calculate. Just add one more variable, walla and its done. If you never had experience programming, i wouldnt judge like that
    Please stop the armchair programming( this program was not written in VB). Next you are going to tell me about an if/then statement. Again, 3 hours is laughable. You have never programmed a game. Simple little timers and loops, my god man, get educated.

lol lol lol Yes I hope so not in VB, but in C++.

Fine let me tell you something. When im not on tribe land, I can attack all, when i move to tribe land, I cant attack home base players. Again when you move out of tribe land you can attack again.

For example, when you press 'c' for combat and you press click the left/right mouse button, first of all the program finds an object that is in front of you, then it checks if the object is located on home base or not, if not the action continues with a combat, if the object on home base, the action terminates. Just add few counters to by pass this check . lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If someone comes to your land for trade and somene else wants to gank him while trading you should have the right to kill the ganker without drawing agro yourself.
    This is nonsense. It's quite difficult to tell whether a player in a homestead/band/clan/tribe area is a member of that particular tribe and thus has PvP immunity. So, in the extremely rare case where you watch that guy run to that settlement to do some trading, why would you attack and maybe kill him just to be killed by the owner of the territory a couple of seconds later without being able to defend yourself?

Yes, you should be able to defend your territory and your visitors, but not without taking a risk yourself. If you really shun all the violence and do not want to defend your visitors at all, you could try to loot some of their stuff and give it back to them later. They might call you a coward though (depending on the odds, see below) and refrain from trading with you in the future...

Else you are giving a perfect griefing tool to guys camping your lands and preventing anyone coming to you and doing business with you. If you want to defend them gankers will zerg you with 5:1 odds and there is nothing you can do.
    Attacking traders on their way to their destination is called waylaying and not griefing. Additionally, zerging in this game is rather dangerous as the chance of friendly fire increases with more players trying to hit the same enemy.

If there really is a raid party with several members killing that trader on your doorstep, he will surely understand that you didn't risk your own hide to save him. Calling for help from your neighbours might be a good idea in that case. Are you seriously in favour of the current system where you could effectively kill an entire raid party on your territory just because they pursued that trader to finish him off on your turf? I know I know, they wouldn't stay long enough to let that happen but seriously...

That is an additional check for every swing on top of already avaliable checks. It could slow combat down.

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    I think atm one of the biggest problems with trying to Pvp atm is player protection on tribe lands. Now unlike the mass darkfall players who want it removing, i think a simple fix would make things more interesting. Now after sitting outside tribe area's trying to get various pvp tribes to actually pvp, Ive come to the conclusion most of em run out and as soon as they get 1-2 hits, they run back to protection.

A simple fix, I believe as soon as they Hit an enemy player, someone who aint in there tribe, PVP Protection is disabled for 1-2 minutes. This will prevent the "hardcore" pvpers running back to spawn protection like ultimate carebears. While still providing the needed protection to the real carebears.
    I like this idea a lot, simple and to the point. Personally, I think the timer should be anywhere from 5-15min so that someone has the chance to get any stolen items back too. Also, since it would make someone entirely open to pvp it should make their bag/pouches lootable.

That is an additional check for every swing on top of already avaliable checks. It could slow combat down.
    What do you mean, please explain

Questions?? Loads.

Someone is cutting down trees next to your homestead and destroying stumps. You can stay in your safe zone or you can defend your resources. You attack. Zergs jump out of the bushes and kill you as you have no protection. Griefing opportunity extraordinaire.

Someone is stealing your junk pile, just 5m away from your homestead and destroying the resources. You attack. You die to guys hiden behind the hill as you have 2 minute timer. Griefing enabled.

Someone has attacked your neighbour gathering junk and is trying to loot him just next to your homestead. You attack. Zergs jump out of the bushes and you join your neighbour on the ground. Griefing much?

No, author did not think about it well. This is not EVE, no agro timer is required. Your home should be your sanctuary and those who do not want to be attacked should keep away, avoid it in wide circles. By adding agro timers you just prevent people from defending their homes properly.

Questions?
    Okay, first problem. Who says the junk pile 5m away for your homestead is "yours?" The game? No. Everyone who plays? No. You? Yes, just you. It ISN'T yours if it isn't within your boundary. It seems like every one of your scenarios involves getting ganged up on and killed. That's the nature of the game, my friend. If you get led into an ambush, that's your fault. If you walk out to kill the guy harvesting at a nearby junk pile, be SMART and check to see if he has friends first.

Look, I'm a part of a good aligned tribe that despises real griefing as much as the next person. However, I also understand that a lot of things are up to me to take care of, and I do. You need to realize that this game isn't designed to protect you against every unfavorable circumstance.

As for the OP's suggestion, I think a timer is a good idea.

Exacally, the timer is only activated after YOU hit them and would only last till A) You Die. B) 1 Min Timer expires. So you can easily check if ur outnumbered and run back and not suffer the aggression timer. Only if you have been aggressive, and thus being the attacker would you suffer this inconvience.

So clearly your the one who didnt think things through before posting. Often to get any PVP atm, i have to travel around 30 mins to someones camp, then i have to run around there town/homestead, to get them to come out, THEN i have to fight them near there protection zone, as they dont want to leave it for fear of lossing those 3 blades of grass they picked up. Often im outnumbered, And when i get one of em low hp, they just run back to there protection zone and regen health while im fighting the other one/two. As for being Gang'd up on, thats impossile in this game, if 3-5 people come at you, you actually have the advantage. They will often kill each other lol. Clearly you have no experience at PvP, and seeming this topic is about PvP i suggest you retreat to more carebear topics. Even if this is implented, it wont affect you, you can just stay in your protection zone and carebear away. Untouched, Unloved.

Also Thank You to those that like my idea, I Hope it gets implemented faily soon, i think it would improve PVP in this game alot.