Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP Protection

PvP Protection

I think atm one of the biggest problems with trying to Pvp atm is player protection on tribe lands. Now unlike the mass darkfall players who want it removing, i think a simple fix would make things more interesting. Now after sitting outside tribe area's trying to get various pvp tribes to actually pvp, Ive come to the conclusion most of em run out and as soon as they get 1-2 hits, they run back to protection.

A simple fix, I believe as soon as they Hit an enemy player, someone who aint in there tribe, PVP Protection is disabled for 1-2 minutes. This will prevent the "hardcore" pvpers running back to spawn protection like ultimate carebears. While still providing the needed protection to the real carebears.

agression timers.. hmm good idea. a few games use them sucessfully. can also include an extended EXIT timer if you have recently engaged in combat as well

Yep, simple fix, and the simpler things are in this game the harder they are to be abused. I keep seeing alot of overly complicated suggestions about the Pvp Protection zones, and already for most of them i can see ways of abusing the hell outta them lol.

I support this idea. There has to be some sort of consequence for those totem huggers that add into a fight and then run away screaming after a couple of swings...

Lol seeing the thread title I thought you were asking for PvP protection, like a flag or something. Knowing your former posts I was surprised

I agree. If someone engaged in a fight he shouldn't be able to run back to the safe zone when losing it. An aggression timer is a good idea.

This is not bad idea, but again what about those people who constantly hiding in protected areas? Who won't get out of their nests and face the reality?
    d3m0nd0 do u really thing that my idea is comlicated, whats so complicated about that. From a programmers point of view, its really easy to implement, 3 hours at max and its done

Please check my thread
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post71296

Another thing, the loot window should have a much longer timer, cuz last time i killed three players and i only had time to loot one player. Oops

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    This is not bad idea, but again what about those people who constantly hiding in protected areas? Who won't get out of their nests and face the reality?
    d3m0nd0 do u really thing that my idea is comlicated, whats so complicated about that. From a programmers point of view, its really easy to implement, 3 hours at max and its done

Please check my thread
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post71296

Another thing, the loot window should have a much longer timer, cuz last time i killed three players and i onl had time to loot one player. Oops
    Clearly you are not a programmer if you think that crazy timer system you conjured in your head would only take 3 hours to program. Someone would have already done it, if it would work. It won't, that is why you don't see it anywhere.

As to your request for the loot timer being longer. How about you get all items automatically when you kill(sarcasm). You want easy mode. There is a way to insure you will have all the time you need to get those items. It is called crafting. It is part of the game already.

To OP: I think this is a good idea to prevent hit and run tactics where you can't attack the offender. It is essentially a flagging system something like what SWG had implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    Clearly you are not a programmer if you think that crazy timer system you conjured in your head would only take 3 hours to program. Someone would have already done it, if it would work. It won't, that is why you don't see it anywhere.

As to your request for the loot timer being longer. How about you get all items automatically when you kill(sarcasm). You want easy mode. There is a way to insure you will have all the time you need to get those items. It is called crafting. It is part of the game already.

To OP: I think this is a good idea to prevent hit and run tactics where you can't attack the offender. It is essentially a flagging system something like what SWG had implemented.
    Haha you are really funny. A timer its a variable that get increased/decreased base on main loop.
    Your character speed is also depends on a timer, right? otherwise you would run as fast as your cpu/or server can calculate. Just add one more variable, walla and its done. If you never had experience programming, i wouldnt judge like that

Bad idea as you will get agro while on your land also. If someone comes to your land for trade and somene else wants to gank him while trading you should have the right to kill the ganker without drawing agro yourself. Else you are giving a perfect griefing tool to guys camping your lands and preventing anyone coming to you and doing business with you. If you want to defend them gankers will zerg you with 5:1 odds and there is nothing you can do.

I change my statement, not a bad idea but completely and utterly terrible idea as topic creator didn't think of the consequences at all.

Safe zones are there to stay and safe zones should mean safe zones and not opportunity for a group of people to grief you by drawing you to attack one while zerglings are waiting in the bushes for you to defend yourself.

Stupid terrible idea.

@plague
    Lol you really didnt understand what the topic is. I suggest you, read it again carefully.

He said if you attack someone, and then run back to your tribe area, then the cooldown timer will active. Now if you attack someone on your tribe area, thats the different story.

But what are you saying is, if someone coming to trade with you, and the evil player is killing them off not on your tribe area, thats upto the good players to defend them selfs.

Plus there is ways around that too, if those good players are your friends, you might have the ability to help the good players in combat without getting the red flag. Solved. Any questions???

I change my statement too, i kind of answered your question