Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disable Priv/Tribe Containers Outside Safe Zones

I feel that private/tribe containers & pouches placed out of tribal boundaries are not only a visual nuisance, as they cannot be removed, but completely nonsensical in a full loot game.

Almost agreed, almost.

I like to hide a pouch sometimes outside of tribal land when I think it's necessary, thus I think it should still be possible. However I think that all objects outside of tribe land should be fair game to everybody. Thus if someone finds my pouch he should be free to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Almost agreed, almost.

I like to hide a pouch sometimes outside of tribal land when I think it's necessary, thus I think it should still be possible. However I think that all objects outside of tribe land should be fair game to everybody. Thus if someone finds my pouch he should be free to take it.
    Yeah, that was basically the idea behind my post. All bins outside of safe zones should be public by default.

I agree totally with you. +1

Agreed and this will hurt me greatly. Better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    I feel that private/tribe containers & pouches placed out of tribal boundaries are not only a visual nuisance, as they cannot be removed, but completely nonsensical in a full loot game.
    Agreed. Tired of seeing countless baskets littering the hillsides. You could put a timer on them... say 1-2 hrs, after that they are public property.

Agree completely. This has always bothered me about Xsyon.

Agreed. A timer or no timer, the items outside the tribe area should be public. I made a post about this long time ago, and suggested that we should craft locks and place them on the bins. Let me find my post about this and I will place a link here ->

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post26882

found it !!!

I agree, this is ridiculous...

Not agreed. It prevents any kind of resuorce farming over limited period of time. I want to make wood handles in the forest but I can not put anything down without fear that someone will just approach me and steal or discard (destroy it). So you expect me to have anything on me or to take logs one by one to tribal lands? So for already extreme time sink you want to increase sinking time again?

There is a better way. Introduce DECAY for everything NOW. So when you put the bin down it will be yours for the next 2 hours. If left unatended the bin becomes public after 2 hours OR DECAYS and content it lost. The point is that all unatended bins should DECAY or be made public and all attended bins should still remain private.

People have no effective way of defending themselves from griefers in this game except privacy of their lands and their bins. Everything else is a free griefing game, including destroying resources and terraforming land into oblivion. Add to that that griefers can destroy stuff in your bin and you have yourself a griefer dominated game.

And before someone says "KILL HIM" I need to point out that naked people running around with no armor have huge advantage over people who craft things and gather resources. To "KILL HIM" you need to drop everything burdening on the ground and then someone else can jump from the bushes and destroy your stuff while you combat first griefer. Yes, there is enough time to do that even if you are strong enough to kill 3-4 people with no armor. Time is what is key element in here.

DECAY of EVERYTHING is the key and not FREE FOR ALL rules.