Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Such as Belight's fishing suggestion, sure there are. Nothing wrong with wanting features like that. It won't stop the dedicated macroers, but I won't argue it would be more entertaining for those of us who don't macro.

But meanwhile, macroers shouldn't be allowed to get away with breaking the ToS to their advantage and using the current game mechanics as an excuse.

In other words, "I only killed him because he really pissed me off, officer, he shouldn't ought to have said that about my mother," isn't a murder defense.
    But here's the thing. Macro'ers are not getting away with anything because they have a good "excuse". They get away with it because the devs simply can't enforce the TOS. That's probably not going to change.

That's why I'm saying, if you can't FORCE macro'ers to stop, you have to at least try something. And getting them to stop voluntarily because it's too difficult or is not worth the reward is the best way to do that.

Destroy the incentive, and you will stop the activity.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Thank you. He is saying something like this.
    Hello doctor i came to get a vaccine from the infection i got here.
    Doctor: Ok we need to give you a shot against the virus.
    Belight : O no, doctor please i'm scared of needles.
    Doctor: Well do u want to be cured or not.
    Belight : Doctor stfup, im scared of needles.
    lol
    So what is better to have an infection, or just one poke in an ass.
    He want solutions, but dont want to inforce the solution.???

So he wants one person to have all the freedom, and rest suffer from macroers... haha
    really clever.
    ......That's actually not anything like what I have suggested anywhere on these forums....

A more realistic example of my argument here would be:

Belight: Doctor, I have an infection.
    Doctor: Well lets cut your arm off!
    Belight: Well maybe it would be better to give me some antibiotics that address the real problem and wont impact my life?
    Doctor: NOOOO! IT'S THE ONLY WAY! *WACK*

You see, I'm arguing that it's a rediculous concept to expect the devs to create a police force to hunt down and punish their player base. People who, mind you, payed for teh game, use it for entertainment, and in all other aspects of life may be compeltely honest and functioning members of society who don't deserve to lose their hard earned money.

I think the dev's time and money would be better spent creating fun and creative game designs that remove the need and ability to macro. Is that so crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    works better than ignoring the problem as unsolvable..may not be the best approach, but both your and his example are better than standing idle and throwing your hands up in the air
    I hate to say it but after like 5 years SoE lets people AFK Macro so long as they use the in game macro system

Im not suggesting that we let macro people macro, just wanted to mention its a problem and some companies eventually cave. even big ones like SoE

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    But here's the thing. Macro'ers are not getting away with anything because they have a good "excuse". They get away with it because the devs simply can't enforce the TOS. That's probably not going to change.

That's why I'm saying, if you can't FORCE macro'ers to stop, you have to at least try something. And getting them to stop voluntarily because it's too difficult or is not worth the reward is the best way to do that.

Destroy the incentive, and you will stop the activity.
    Pretty sure they can enforce it in most cases. The most blatant cases, anyway. Whether they will or not is up to them. Meanwhile, I detest macroers and I don't accept any of the excuses they try to make. None of them excuse cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    In both cases (Drugs and Macroing)...My solution is not to accept macroing, but rather to understand it, to understand it's reason and cause and to address those accordingly. I.E. designing well thought out game mecahnics that discourage the need for macroing.
    Good point on this +1

Dwarlock I don't entirely disagree with you. I've discussed this in another thread here.

Lets take fishing as an example. Instead of click.... Wait.... Click....

Why not click... use move controls to jerk the rod, temp the fish, etc... Then upon a randomly timed bite you have to click and do a command to real teh fish in. Bam! Fishing is now more fun, interactive, and does not easily allow macroing.
    That will eliminate allot of players from fish macroing. Good one +1

Pretty sure they can enforce it in most cases. The most blatant cases, anyway. Whether they will or not is up to them. Meanwhile, I detest macroers and I don't accept any of the excuses they try to make. None of them excuse cheating.
    You know, most the posts I see from you are hostile attempts at punishing and eliminating people with playstyles you don't agree with. Hate the griefer, hate the PVPer, hate the macroer, and so on...

I think you need to let love into your heart and get this video game fueled hatred out. You seem bitter and upset. Try some compashion and understanding....

You know, most the posts I see from you are hostile attempts at punishing people with playstyles you don't agree with. Hate the griefer, hate the PVPer, hate the macroers, and so on...

I think you need to let love into your heart and get this video game fueled hatred out. You seem bitter and upset. Try some compashion and understanding....
    Why would I have any compassion for someone who is not following game rules? Give me one good reason to. If you were hungry, I wouldn't blame you for stealing, and I'd probably feed you if I could. But this is a game. There is no real life at stake. You aren't macroing to feed your family, are you? So don't even try the 'compassion' angle. There is no reason to have compassion for someone who cheats in a game. It's pretty pathetic, really.

I'm not even remotely bitter or upset, in fact, the macroers don't currently even affect me, because I avoid pvp. Later on their cheating might, however. And I bet a lot of people who are more interested in pvp than I am and who don't macro aren't real fond of the idea of losing to cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Good point on this +1

That will eliminate allot of players from fish macroing. Good one +1
    Why, thank you, good Sir! I personally do not macro, ever, not even in DarkFall. Though I completely understand why people do. It's not fun to click the same button over and over for a shallow and half assed harvesting system. it's also boring to get your skill maxed by shooting 500,000 mana missles. And so on and so forth.

These designs cause me to quit games, where other people will just resort to macroing, and others still somehow stick it out and manually grind through these crappy game systems.

I don't think any of these people should ever be punished for their chosen response to the game systems. Instead I think we need to up the standards of these features and use macroing as a way to identify poorly designed systems.

Why would I have any compassion for someone who is not following game rules? Give me one good reason to.
    Because compassion, understanding, and creative thinking will always be a more efficient tool for change than hatred, condemnation, and punishment?

There is no reason to have compassion for someone who cheats in a game. It's pretty pathetic, really.
    So we should instead sweep the issue under the rug and just ban players? Why not look at why players macro, where they macro, what kind of games they macro in, and find the weak points in the games we play and improve those points?

When having compassion and understanding for something you don't agree with yourself, you can gain perspective and see more ends to the issue. It gives you tools, and when you combine tools with creative thinking, the options become limitless and we don't have to resort to primative solutions like punishment.

Fu found a solution, he stoped using macros and went on a cheat site to have hacks made. See no more macro!

Why, thank you, good Sir! I personally do not macro, ever, not even in DarkFall. Though I completely understand why people do. It's not fun to click the same button over and over for a shallow and half assed harvesting system. it's also boring to get your skill maxed by shooting 500,000 mana missles. And so on and so forth.

These designs cause me to quit games, where other people will just resort to macroing, and others still somehow stick it out and manually grind through these crappy game systems.

I don't think any of these people should ever be punished for their chosen response to the game systems. Instead I think we need to up the standards of these features and use macroing as a way to identify poorly designed systems.

Because compassion, understanding, and creative thinking will always be a more efficient tool for change than hatred, condemnation, and punishment?

So we should instead sweep the issue under the rug and just ban players? Why not look at why players macro, where they macro, what kind of games they macro in, and find the weak points in the games we play and improve those points?

When having compassion and understanding for something you don't agree with yourself, you can gain perspective and see more ends to the issue. It gives you tools, and when you combine tools with creative thinking, the options become limitless and we don't have to resort to primative solutions like punishment.
    Compassion without logic is probably one of the most dangerous traits our species possesses.

You won't get developers to 'fix' their games by calling for them to keep macroing against the rules yet not punish the rule breakers. All that will do is cause rule followers to quit.

If the game has something wrong with it, you tell the developers what you think is wrong. If that doesn't change anything, you stop playing. Go outside, feed the hungry or something. Talk with your wallet, in other words.

What do you think the majority of the community's response would be if tomorrow it was announced that macros are allowed, and a thread providing helpful tips on how to macro was given?