Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    One thing that seems very odd to me is that folks seem to feel they MUST have lvl 100 skills ASAP!!! Ever actually PLAY a game?

I think some are reading the TOS like you want it to read.

Using 3rd party software, including the 3rd party software that came with your mouse.

Also, it is all about using programs and being afk.

Remember the tos says it is NG's right to decide what breaks the TOS of how those rules are applied.

Also remember that it says...

18. Encouraging others to break these rules... is breaking the TOS.

So by commenting on what you perceive as a loop hole, could also be considered a breaking of the TOS.
    if you call clicking a button watching a progression bar and all that for nothing ( crafting useless, walls useless) playing, then you are very...

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    No really, U would still have the job, but the programmers who write macro programs to hack games, would be out of job, u know how?
    You do realize the same tools I use at work, are the same tools that people use to write macros/bots/etc. Apparently not, based on your statement. There are a few programs that were specifically written for games, but for the most part, the generic tools are what people are using.

I personally do not macro, as I feel I would miss something during my characters development. I have in the past used software to gain an advantage. It is called voip. Teamspeak and the like give a group of players a huge advantage over those that don't. Everyone on your voip servers talking about how macroers are ruining your game, consider what the people who don't use voice chat think of you and they'd have just as valid claims as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurk View Post
    I personally do not macro, as I feel I would miss something during my characters development. I have in the past used software to gain an advantage. It is called voip. Teamspeak and the like give a group of players a huge advantage over those that don't. Everyone on your voip servers talking about how macroers are ruining your game, consider what the people who don't use voice chat think of you and they'd have just as valid claims as you.
    BAN TS/Vent/Skype/etc!!

"it's too boring to click my Button"......
    So therefore i am entitled to cheat.
    Friggin buffoons surround me wherever i go in life. You know who you are.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    "it's too boring to click my Button"......
    So therefore i am entitled to cheat.
    Friggin buffoons surround me wherever i go in life. You know who you are.
    Do you spend all your time here?

buffoons, i tell you.
    Look! I surrounded one with my posts there. See how i did that? simple.

If you don't like Xsyon, email the devs and speak out on the forums for whatever it is you think you will like. Or don't play it at all.

There is no option allowed under the ToS for getting a keyboard or mouse to play for you while you go do something else.

If your heart is really set on playing a game by programming your keyboard or mouse to play it, however, there are games that cater to that style.

If your heart is really set on playing Xsyon by programming your keyboard or mouse to play it, you'll have to email the devs and petition for it on the forum until it's allowed. Until you change the ToS, macroing is a form of cheating.

How hard is that to understand?

i used /h today to report a macroer, no reply from a dev after 30 mins i gave up.

I got to agree.

It is not just 30min of casual clicking to get a skill in hide. It is solid spamming the skill for 30min.
    If you indeed -do- have a life. That is not an acceptable skill up rate.
    They have been made aware of this countless and countless of times now. Hench the reason a lot of people actually macro hide.

I agree that it obviously shouldn't be allowed, if they don't believe it is fair. Then I'd suggest they make an announcement first to all players that they are concerned etc and then ban. Perhaps clarify the ToS.
    On the other hand.. Make it a bit more interesting levelling hide and various other skills. That'll benefit us all, no?