Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
OK, so I cannot use EasyMacro or similar programs. That is cool. But see I have a mouse and a keyboard that automates clicks. No software required. So I am fine using that. Glad you cleared that up.

Or take it to the other extreme and the people that used programs to help them create a world map should be banned. A map surely gives them an advantage.

Bottom line, everyone knows what a macro is. If they wanted to make macroing against TOS, then they need to add a number and state it clearly.

66. The use of macroing or other automated key and mouse-clicking programs, services, or hardware that allows a person to perform actions in the game while not touching the keyboard or mouse is prohibited.

They can make it sound better then that, but until they give us something like the above, they have no leg to stand on in the macroing war. By not having something clear like this they are condoning macroing without actually saying it.
I love people who make these arguments. What people fail to realize is that agreeing to these terms of service basically means if you are doing anything that they feel is not in the best interest of the game they can ban you (hell I've seen people get banned for doing nothing wrong in games). Not even to mention that the ToS is not the 10 commandments and is not set in stone, they can just modify it as needed and have you re-agree to it. If you don't agree then they don't let you play, if you agree to it and macro you get banned, either way you aren't playing. So many bans sticks handed out by MMO companies over the years where people go complain after the fact that they did nothing wrong, the company states some BS from the ToS and calls it a day...