damage mitigation

has anyone been able to test high quality armor's effectiveness against PO weapons?

At lower qualities (poor and below), the damage mitigation achieved was not worth the hit you took to agility.

At higher quality levels, does armor:
    a) protect better? anybody test this? metrics?
    b) weigh less? the major detractor to wearing anything is it slows you down
    c) provide additional protection versus certain weapon types?

It's easy to lump this conversation in with the PO weapon discussion, but it's really a seperate discussion...and it is equally important to crafters and killers alike.

Currently armor crafting is pointless, except for vanity. The level of damage mitigation which it provides does not offset the levels of damage being brought against it to a level high enough to justify the loss of mobility, or putting in the time/energy to acquire pieces. To illustrate.

naked: I die in 3-4 hits from a po axe.
    full suit of bone armor (poor quality): I die in 6-8 hits

naked: extremely mobile no 'overhead' (unlootable weapon, no armor)
    Full suit of bone armor: noticeable more encumbered than naked, noticeably slower, significant overhead cost.

pvp comparison- 2 players of equal skill: naked guy wins most of the time. Speed kills. You can't hit what you can't catch. Naked guy can engage and disengage at will. Armored toon only wins if he gets a lucky couple hits, or naked guy gets careless and commits for too long.

Anyway, before proposing 'fixes' (reducing weight, increasing damage redux), thought i'd see if anyone had data on high level gear's effectiveness.

As far as I know, there is no quality levels at all right now, unless the quality is just hidden, but I'm under the impression that it's completely turned off. Kind of hard to test if it's not even on.

Also, I was under the impression, based on the "game info" from the main pages that armor/clothing is mostly cosmetic with little benefit gameplay wise.

...A wide range of armor parts are available and the player selects armor based on play style and appearance more than how stats are affected...
    Of course, the bullet points below this talk about "enhancing armor" etc. So who knows. We have no idea if it's even enabled.

the levels are on, just the mouseover abilityto see what they are currently isn't. (BRILLIANT!)

I'm not going to give up the info, so you need to do your own testing.

However, I can tell you that we know 100% for a fact that armor has protections and weapons have stats.

No duh, they use to pop up before they removed the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    I'm not going to give up the info, so you need to do your own testing.

However, I can tell you that we know 100% for a fact that armor has protections and weapons have stats.
    wasn't asking for anything specific.

right now, the general consensus is the equipment is worthless.

It slows you down.
    It doesn provide enough protection to compensate for the decreased agility.

The question is, does that curve change (significantly) with better gear?
    Or is it n4kk1d pvp 4lyf3 ?