Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingSteve View Post
    Xsyon needs FEATURES, not content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killarai View Post
    Semantics.
    Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Lol a feature cannot be without content, am i right???
    To add a feature you need content.
    Not at all.

Content: More animals, drops, etc.
    Feature: Animal taming, animal AI etc.

Quote Originally Posted by StarvingSteve View Post
    Not at all.

Content: More animals, drops, etc.
    Feature: Animal taming, animal AI etc.

Haha. Animal taming? Well you need animals. Thats content.
    0 - animals = no content.
    1 - animal = content.
    x - animal = more content of the same type.

I ment more content of a different type.

They're not really the same. But they both share many similarities. I'd say content would be closer to having more of the same, but features would be closer to giving more, different, choices of things to do. But in the end, I don't think you can draw a clear line.

In anycase, I really hope they start adding some consequences for choices. There's too many "right" ways and "wrong" ways to play. I want more grey.

And I want item decay and destruction to help fuel the economy. I also think the quick crafting system needs to go. Crafting items should either take a lot longer to accomplish or should require much more player input than just waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    In anycase, I really hope they start adding some consequences for choices. There's too many "right" ways and "wrong" ways to play. I want more grey.

And I want item decay and destruction to help fuel the economy. I also think the quick crafting system needs to go. Crafting items should either take a lot longer to accomplish or should require much more player input than just waiting.
    Good points. More grey + 1 .
    And crafting needs to be redone at some point

Fishing action could be made alittle more interesting some how... also could add a few different things to catch, perhaps somthing usful in crafting occationaly...

There are a ton of rpgs that have better fishing. Just not any MMOs, as far as I know, for some odd reason. I remember playing games where you had to actively time pressing the button to reel the fish in, gauge the fish's strength/power against your own and against the strength of your line and pole. From a design point of a view I can think of very simple ways to make crafting and harvesting more interactive, more fun, and less macro-friendly.

I don't see why they can't have crafting and harvesting be affected by player skill as well as character skill.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    There are a ton of rpgs that have better fishing. Just not any MMOs, as far as I know, for some odd reason. I remember playing games where you had to actively time pressing the button to reel the fish in, gauge the fish's strength/power against your own and against the strength of your line and pole. From a design point of a view I can think of very simple ways to make crafting and harvesting more interactive, more fun, and less macro-friendly.

I don't see why they can't have crafting and harvesting be affected by player skill as well as character skill.
    I was playing FABLE - THE LOST CHAPTERS, and the way fishing works there is fun. Would also prevent macroying.