Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Xsyon said that if you want to scavange for a long period of time, you need to hire a protection. If you dont its your fault. Another thing, if you want bins to be protected, craft a locks for the bins, place them on to the bins, and walla, you got a protected bin, unless someone finds out a key for the combination lock. Sand box means less restriction and more being creative

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Xsyon said that if you want to scavange for a long period of time, you need to hire a protection. If you dont its your fault.
    Link please ?

Otherwise you are right, and the very time we will be able to craft locks on baskets I'll agree with you. For now a very fast decay (baskets should break in 1-2 days if outside tribe territory) is a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Not agreed. It prevents any kind of resuorce farming over limited period of time. I want to make wood handles in the forest but I can not put anything down without fear that someone will just approach me and steal or discard (destroy it). So you expect me to have anything on me or to take logs one by one to tribal lands? So for already extreme time sink you want to increase sinking time again?

There is a better way. Introduce DECAY for everything NOW. So when you put the bin down it will be yours for the next 2 hours. If left unatended the bin becomes public after 2 hours OR DECAYS and content it lost. The point is that all unatended bins should DECAY or be made public and all attended bins should still remain private.

People have no effective way of defending themselves from griefers in this game except privacy of their lands and their bins. Everything else is a free griefing game, including destroying resources and terraforming land into oblivion. Add to that that griefers can destroy stuff in your bin and you have yourself a griefer dominated game.

And before someone says "KILL HIM" I need to point out that naked people running around with no armor have huge advantage over people who craft things and gather resources. To "KILL HIM" you need to drop everything burdening on the ground and then someone else can jump from the bushes and destroy your stuff while you combat first griefer. Yes, there is enough time to do that even if you are strong enough to kill 3-4 people with no armor. Time is what is key element in here.

DECAY of EVERYTHING is the key and not FREE FOR ALL rules.
    uhm arent you supposed to like haul stuff back to your tribe (where its safe..either by magic or by lock and key).

you're just being lazy.

Cut the wood. get some friends. haul it back. craft in the safety of yer mud hut.

if you want to stand out in the middle of a field and whittle wood handles...because you dont want to haul the wood logs home...you're taking a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Not agreed. It prevents any kind of resuorce farming over limited period of time. I want to make wood handles in the forest but I can not put anything down without fear that someone will just approach me and steal or discard (destroy it). So you expect me to have anything on me or to take logs one by one to tribal lands? So for already extreme time sink you want to increase sinking time again?

There is a better way. Introduce DECAY for everything NOW. So when you put the bin down it will be yours for the next 2 hours. If left unatended the bin becomes public after 2 hours OR DECAYS and content it lost. The point is that all unatended bins should DECAY or be made public and all attended bins should still remain private.

People have no effective way of defending themselves from griefers in this game except privacy of their lands and their bins. Everything else is a free griefing game, including destroying resources and terraforming land into oblivion. Add to that that griefers can destroy stuff in your bin and you have yourself a griefer dominated game.

And before someone says "KILL HIM" I need to point out that naked people running around with no armor have huge advantage over people who craft things and gather resources. To "KILL HIM" you need to drop everything burdening on the ground and then someone else can jump from the bushes and destroy your stuff while you combat first griefer. Yes, there is enough time to do that even if you are strong enough to kill 3-4 people with no armor. Time is what is key element in here.

DECAY of EVERYTHING is the key and not FREE FOR ALL rules.
    I've read a number of your posts on these forums recently. Basically, you always think either:

A) You should be protected from PvP no matter where you are.
    B) You think everything is too hard and should be made easier for you.

Also, you use the word "griefing," more than some people use the words "a" or "the." You may want to take another look at what the word "sandbox," means in the MMO world as well because you're opinions appear to be in direct contradiction to it.

As for the idea, I agree. You shouldn't be able to just throw down private bins wherever you want without risk of losing things.

while the discarded basketry is anoying, have several near my place toxic dumped, right now it is the only way to trade with others who might be offline atm. Maybe just have them default to public and need to be set to private/tribe/friend/whatever. Then when they are just grind and tossing them, others can move them.

Also need a way to distroy them if empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    uhm arent you supposed to like haul stuff back to your tribe (where its safe..either by magic or by lock and key).

you're just being lazy.

Cut the wood. get some friends. haul it back. craft in the safety of yer mud hut.

if you want to stand out in the middle of a field and whittle wood handles...because you dont want to haul the wood logs home...you're taking a risk.
    And you just want to steal stuff from others. I said it so I must be right just like you said that I'm lazy.

I gave you a decent solution where bins decay after an hour and you just want an extreme where a "free for all" rules. If you get free for all I want booby traps on my bins. When someone else opens it except me I want him to be stabbed by a knife in the eye. Now that would be more realistic and would add another skill called "trap making". Thiefs should not have it easy, it should be hard to take stuff from others. Right now theft has no penalty in Xsyon.

Give me traps and I'll give you public bins.

Leave your bins on the streets of Brooklyn and see if they stay there. That's the whole point of this game. Realism. There should be consequences for leaving your stuff behind and not in your area.

Nice idea on the trap making. However, not too realistic, Jigsaw.