Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Low FPS !!!! plz help

Hello, im a totally new player, and i must say im not happy.
    With medium settings my fps vary from 5-30, with an average 11-15 (using FRAPS).
    I got OS:win7 64bit, CPU:Intel Core 2 Q8300 Quad core 2.5Ghz, GPU:6870 ATI, RAM:4Gb.
    Latest drivers, latest DX.
    I expected to run this game on max settings easily but I see the games unplayable for me even in the low sets.
    The settings that seem to have an impact are: water transparency around 3-4 fps, soft shadows, antialiasing (not quite sure). The resolution plays role as well but i wouldnt want to use a resolution lower than 1920x1080 cos it wouldnt be right on my wide screen.
    If anyone had similar problem , i could really use his advice!

PS I also have a major problem with the loading times when i start the game, but ill post another thread about that. Not a really welcoming game

Welcome To Xsyon! but no seriously there's not much of a fix for it yet. I Have a very high end comp 485 GTX quad core phenom black 3.0 ghz 4 gigs of ram etc. , and I have to run this game on low settings. It's fairly annoying yes, but the devs are working on it. It's actually better than it used to be, but sadly yes in some areas it's fairly unplayable sad too say. Give it some time maybe try moving to a different zone that's less populated.

Also, as for the loading issues there's quite a few people that have this problem I have it a few times a day but it is better than it was. (Waiting 30mins to an hour to get in) Hope you stick around for the long haul once the devs get this game a little more stable it is really a lot of fun.

you say 5-30. 30 is average for most people and judging by your specs your comp is decent. Your video card might be lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice View Post
    you say 5-30. 30 is average for most people and judging by your specs your comp is decent. Your video card might be lacking.
    LOL nice one you do realise how good those 6870s are for the price right? sure the rest of his spec is getting on a bit but it should be more than enough to run this game...

Anyway its not your system.. its the game its boned at the moment, I ahve not been able to paly since launch to start with it was 10 mins of lag then when they fially fixed that we had the crappy fps issues in different zones and its been like it for well voer a week now. I dont expect it to be fixed anytime soon.. but you never know we all live in hope.

Interesting replies guys, appreciated.
    From what u say,it seems like the issues are on the games side and not mine.
    I should learn sometime soon though, never to join an "indie" mmorpg so soon after launch again,
    since you usually give 40 bucks to buy a bucket full of bugs.
    Cheers and lets hope there s gonna be some fixes soon

Common problem right now mate , Not much you can do but wait

Im suffering the same problem managed to dip to 0.8fps last night

BTW , Oc that CPU to 3.2ghz or 420mhz in the FSB in the bios , That speed will certainly bottleneck your card in other games

If you didn't pick a spot to homestead yet, gogo, you should try wandering and exploring the map a bit. If you die and lose your stuff, no big deal at this point, reroll and start from a new starting area. Not only is it rather fun, and not only will you see a lot of places before you decide where you want to live, you'll also probably find zones where your fps is fairly high. They tend to be quieter zones, but they're not always on the outer edges of the map. Speaking of map, check the zone maps from these forums to help you find your way around.

Sirius, you're never happy with anything. Something breaks you're unhappy, they say something is in the works to fix things your unhappy. You get this worked up about a game, your stress level irl must be thru the roof. =P

And moose, I think that was moose anyway, my old pc was three when bad company 2 came out. It took a lot of tweaking to get it to run with enough frames to make it comfortable to play.

Im going out on a limb here but may take the pressure of Jordi a little bit,

Heres an email i recieved.

If this is agaisnt TOS Please delete

Hey Ross,

It’s good to see you around! We’re patching out an update today or tonight that should improve frame rate a lot (it boosted from 25 to 100 and 15 to 60 on low settings on my main system here at a slow location.

The problem was primarily with lights and campfires. We’re still optimizing old code, but with our new graphics expert it’s going well!

Thanks for the report.

Xsyon Support Team

Notorious Games

Email: bugs@notorious-games.com

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by r0ss0 View Post
    Hey Ross,

It’s good to see you around! We’re patching out an update today or tonight that should improve frame rate a lot (it boosted from 25 to 100 and 15 to 60 on low settings on my main system here at a slow location.

The problem was primarily with lights and campfires. We’re still optimizing old code, but with our new graphics expert it’s going well!

Thanks for the report.

Xsyon Support Team
    Notorious Games
    Wow. If only they would just post updates like that. Hope that email isn't made-up.