Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I don't agree with being good getting rewarded... Its not like i have to encourage you to do something good because your going to get some trinket or special ability, being good should bring in social rewards alone.
    People dislike having penalties. So the only other alternative is rewarding the people who aren't supposed to be penalized/ aren't supposed to be "the problem".

If you don't want being good to give rewards, then you'll need evil to be penalized. If you're talking about real life in your example, it's true that the main reward for being good is a social one (emotional), but by being evil you gain rewards more towards the materialistic side of things at the cost of your freedom. Would you want to lose your freedom in game? This goes hand in hand with saying, "would you want being good to really serve no real game purpose other than the RL one, which you can go and get without any problem?" You can't be evil in real life without any problems, that's why people do it in game...

I think we're sort of off topic now as this was originally intended as a thread to expose the motives of those who are in favor of keeping safe zones permanently.

I don't believe any of us support the system I proposed here in the OP. I'm fairly certain that most of us contributing to this discussion are in favor of removing safe zones eventually.

I do believe this is a discussion worth having because I think the alignment system needs to be worked out.

EDIT: Opened an alignment thread here.

Ok well back on topic.

I think ZOI should be increased with Militants not Pacifists.

Im not sure 100% how your system will work, and I dont know if I like it for expansion areas/totems but maybe a mix of the 2. I really like some of thoughts in it.

@Trenchfoot (the OP)

Nice post. I haven't yet tried this game yet, but I like your ideas. However, I think that most pvpers who select to be militiant are the hunter-killer type. They cannot survive on hunting/killing their own kind. They need fresh blood (bluebies) to satisfy their taste for mayhem. So what will happen is the game will be filled with pacifists and bored militants. But I guess that's better than allowing the militants to kill anybody they want.