Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
That wouldn't solve the problem with 2-3 huge tribes. They would be huge because of active players, not inactive ones.

What you said about bored PvPers may be right. Its not likely though, since the game would end up with some equally strong big tribes, and they wouldn't risk to attack each others, there would be too big risk of losing. Remember, smaller tribes or soloers already left the game in this scenario or joined one of the big tribes. But even if some go out to find a fight still many of them would have to stay at home to protect the crafters...while the lucky ones who are not on duty are out having fun. Why not to have a coded mechanic which makes the boring job for us ?

And again, a system like this only works if the game has a high population. But its impossible to reach high pop with a system like this if the initial population is low.
I dont see why you think 2 big guilds wouldnt attack each other. Also if there were only 2 big guilds (which Ive never ever seen happen in any FFA PVP game) then they are very likely to break up due to no combat. Many PVPers in those guilds would be pissed of not being able to fight.

What you are saying is something that doesnt happen, never has happened and wont happen. To many smaller factions break off and want to start their own.

Also Im glad they would be active ones (first I dont agree with this), but if I were in a guild having to pay resources and time for many other members, over time I would get upset and make a small group of people that I know that really work. Bigger a guild gets the more resources it takes to keep that up, the more they will also have some people that dont pull even weight.

It happens in DFO all the time and the only resource that is needed there is portal shards. People get tired of using them on people that are almost dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
I don't know even one game with full loot open PvP where this system (players policing everything and they are the only ones who protect non-PvPers) works. All the games who tried this have a very low population and declining, or died already. Is there a game with this system which is flourishing ?

EVE, UO, Darkfall. Just to name a few.

How about this, name some carebear games like you are talking about with only 5 devs without low population and declining or died already? Please. Thanks.

Again focus, there should be safe areas, there should be rewards for building and defending outside these areas, and there should be reasons and things to fight over.
I have no idea what you are talking about but clearly you dont think like a PVPer.
What you are saying is "bored" for PVPers are their wet dreams.