Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen

Patcher Problems

I've attempted to install xsyon 3 times now, 2 times on a secondary hard drive and the 3rd in the default directory.

When i run the patcher it says connected and then analyzing files, followed by windows error xsyon.exe has stopped working.

While Downloading for the 3rd time i stayed at the computer and the patcher crashed with roughly 2GB left to download, Upon restarting the patcher i recived a message stating that the server was down (can't remember exact wording). After waiting awhile the patcher resumed, but only listed a few megs (about 15mb if i remember) instead of the 2 gigs i was expecting and again crashed with the same error. Restarting the patcher again i was rewarded with the Connected Message, analyzing files followed by a crash again.

I tracked down the install folder (C:\\ProgramData\\Notorious Games) which is currently only 1.53GB

1st log file states the following

// Log File Created At: 0402.06.26.23
    0402.06.26.23 : Xsyon Version: 20100401.6
    0402.06.26.23 : Mode: Windowed
    0402.06.26.23 : Warning: Could not load data_object.csv file

All the other logs are missing the warning

data_object.csv appears to be one of the missing files, but for some reason the patcher isn't picking up on the fact that it's missing.

And all the usual drivers are upto date as well.

I'll send a copy of this through the support as well.

Re: Patcher Problems

hsve you tried to uninstall? It has a repair button on it , does that patch the missing files?

Xsyon Citizen

uninstalled twice, there is no repair option.

Hmm when i uninstalled , I had that option, Or was it when i tried to reinstall using the app.. Try the second install option , I think it was there maybe , My memory fails me right now. Sorry

have yout ried installing as admin and run it in xp mode or something

Xsyon Citizen

to uninstall i have to do it through the control panel, because the patcher is missing 2GB's of files. Haven't found a way to force the patcher to double check what it has actually downloaded yet

Edit: support responce

Jooky wrote:
    Hello,

This might be because I reset the patcher with some new files, but we will look into this further today.

Thanks,

Jordi Grau Davis
    Notorious Games

Re:Patcher Problems

I'm having the same problem i've been reinstalling now 5 times last time i had like 30 mb left whan than it stopped downloading once i restarted it it was finished but animations were missing. the patcher doesn't fix that

I installed the patcher two days ago only once without problems.

You may have to manually delete the files the patcher downloaded. It seems to be in different places depending on which version of windows you have. But it always seems to be in a hidden folder.

Xsyon Citizen

Yeah, It's always a hidden file and not where you specified to be installed.

Deleting individual files doesn't do any good, Patcher only seems to pick up when you delete the entire folder. Unfortunatley deleting the data folder still leaves you with a few gigs to download.