Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Xsyon Update October 17

Update October 17

A quick update for today.

I've fixed most of the issues reported this week, such as problems with objects left behind by deleted characters.

We still need to work on a few more things tonight and tomorrow before I patch out a public update.

This update will include gathering more animal parts such as skulls, antlers, paws and claws and we're getting very close with construction.

That's all for now. We'll get this next patch up as soon as possible, but it will be tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

Xsyon Update October 18

Update October 18

Quick update. There won't be a patched out update during the day today. It's past midnight in Siberia and we're still working on a few issues. I'm going to keep working throughout the day (and squeeze in a bit of sleep at some point) but I want the team to pick up tonight and test some of our changes more before I patch out this update to the public.

That's all for now.

Xsyon Update October 19

Update October 19

The server and client have been updated.

This is primarily an fix update with a few minor features turned on. I haven't wiped anything so there will be some database issues from previous updates. I will wipe the database with the next feature update.

Crashes when chopping logs fixed.
    Stacking delays and problems fixed.
    Player versus player collision improved.
    Boulder collision fixed.
    Placing of objects on boulders and in caves fixed.
    Bug causing animals and characters to be invisible fixed.
    Heads can be dissected to obtain skulls and various parts.
    Paws, hooves and claws can be gathered from animals.
    The chat prompt has been improved.
    The length of tribe names has been increased to 32 max characters.
    The keybind for the Tribe panel now works.
    Selected objects and creatures should now display their name.
    Deleting a character should properly free objects in containers.
    The entity use right click menu is better confined to the screen (thanks for pointing this out, Kinslayer).
    Text on icons should render on top of overlapping panels.
    Scavenge animation updated.
    Floating boulders fixed.
    Server messages are now also added to your Chat log.
    The tribe section of the Social Panel should now list and scroll properly.
    Other minor bug fixes and improvements.

We're now going to focus on getting construction finalized, improving tribe features and working on reducing lag.

Thanks for all the reports. If you are stil noticing any of the problems that are listed above as fixed, please report them.

Xsyon Update October 21

Update October 21

We've recieved some excellent test reports and information that should help us resolve two major in game issues at this time: lag and errors crossing zones.

So right now we're focused on those two issues in addition to wrapping up construction and tribe ranks.

The plan is one more bug fix and performance update followed by the construction update early next week and the tribe ranks shortly after.

I'll keep you all posted!

Xsyon Update October 22

Update October 22

There will be no update this weekend. We made too many changes last night, so the next update will definitely require a wipe of everything except for the terrain.

Because of this we'll keep testing the performance issues on our test server and the next update will include construction and everything else that gets finished over the next few days.

It the situation changes I will post again. I plan to now bury my head in the code to get things done!

Xsyon Update October 24

Update October 24

A quick update for today.

A power outage wasted half my day today, so I'm catching with what I wanted to get done for the day.

I'm not sure when the next patch will be ready. Thanks to some very helpful reports from players we found and fixed a major cause of lag and are working on eliminating the missing ground levels area for good.

So, the next update will take a while longer but will include more changes. Once this update is done I will take some time to review and answer questions.

Back to my code!

Xsyon Update October 27

Update October 27

Good news! Thanks to recent tests and bug reports we've finally discovered the causes of several persistent problems in game: lag, zone crossing problems, teleporting crashes and memory build up.

Not so great news: As we're fixing all of this it will take us longer to patch out the next update. The heavy lag spikes and zone crossing crashes seem to have been eliminated. We're wrapping up the teleporting fixes and still revising the terrain loading system. This is taking a while as it requires changes in our terrain editor and terrain baking system in addition to the server and the client.

I'll post again when I have a better idea of when all of this can be patched out.

Xsyon Update October 31

Update October 31

Happy Halloween everyone!

Just to keep everyone updated, we're plugging away on this update. Some of the changes we're making are taking a while, but we're getting there. We'll be working all night as usual and I'm hoping this update will be ready in a few more days.

That's all for now.

Update November 3

Hello everyone!

I just updated the FAQ in the Developer section. If I missed some questions, please send a PM to Virtus and point them out to him.

Our terrain system changes are done and I've uploaded them so they are ready to go.

We're currently working on some final adjustments to construction and some fixes with tribes and stacking. Once these are done I will patch up the update. We just keep making more and more changes with this current build, but it's looking good. We've solved a lot of annoyances that have plagued us for a while (like the sector crossing crashes and big lag spikes).

Update November 5
    A quick update, since I see people are asking:

I'm not sure if the next patch will be done this weekend or a bit after. As most of you know, we work primarily on Siberian time (except for me, I work around the clock ) so we'll see what gets done tonight.

Right now I'm waiting on a few things:

Revised stacking and collision functions.

Revised skill saving system. I need this done now as it would require a wipe if we change it later.

Smoothed terrain to eliminate visible 'steps', especially on some roads. I'd like to have this completely done so I don't have to patch out the large zone files twice in a row.

Other terrain fixes.

I'll see how things go tonight.