Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Update November 20

The game manual has been updated with some information about construction.

http://www.xsyon.com/install/Xsyon_Manual.pdf

As the game has been running smoothly since the last update, I'm going to block things out so I can focus on wrapping up some more features over the next few days. A feature update will be coming soon and then I'll be here to answer questions.

Enjoy!

Update November 22

A quick update for today. As those of you who have been in game the past few days know, we're experiencing random lag as well as long loading times.

The lead server programmer is working on this. Both seems unrelated to the number of players on and they seem to be connected problems.

For the next few days we're focusing on resolving this lag and finishing the tribal information, ranks and allies / foes panels.

I'm hoping that we can patch out an update tomorrow for the loading and lag issues and the tribe update by the end of the week.

Now back to the code!

Update November 23

Hello everyone!

I've updated the client and the server. This should resolve the recent loading and lag problems. We have a few more optimizations to do to reduce lag, but this should be a big step and we need this tested publicly.

As I had to interrupt and temporarily block other changes I'm making, if there are any new obvious problems, please let me know right away. Everything has been backed up just in case.

I will check in on the server to see if any of you experience lag or loading issues with this build.

Thanks!

Update November 25

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!

I've patched out a small update. This update includes more network traffic optimizations. It looks like we've finally resolved all lag and loading issues and the server should run even smoother with this update.

In addition we've fixed some problems with stacking bundles and logs.

That's all for now!

Update November 28

Hello everyone!

We will be taking down the servers and disabling the forums for a few hours tonight, starting at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time in order to switch to vBulletin forums and a new account management system.

After our update, the game will require a new installer / launcher. You will be able to install over your current installation without re-downloading the large data files. I will email everyone regarding this site switch and post a link to the new installer when we are ready.

Update November 28

The Pre-Order page has been taken down (3:45 PM PST) while we start the process of updating the website.

Update November 28

We've switched to new forums and a new account back end!

You can now Order Xsyon with PayPal.

A new installer is posted at:
    http://www.xsyon.com/install/Xsyon_I...r_20101128.zip

This will overwrite your launcher but won't delete your current data files.

You can also now access your account where you will find the latest Installer and Manual links.
    https://www.xsyon.com/myaccount/

With our forum switch you will need to:

Upload your Avatar.
    Reset your signature
    Update your timezone.

The Flame Wars and Anything Goes forums require you to select access via user group settings. You can do this here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/profile.p...editusergroups

The server and client have been updated with fixes for various client crashes and to prepare for the upcoming Tribe Rank patch.

Update December 1

The server and client have been updated with a quick patch.

This patch resolves a few minor issues:

- Dirt should not be gained or used when attempting terraforming beyond slope limits.
    - Fixes to crafting schemes.
    - Problems with bundles collected by other players fixed.
    - Minor issues with trade, crafting and construction ghosts fixed.
    - 4th pouch container panel should properly display.

The next feature update is going to take a while longer as I've been busy dealing with the website update, reviewing terrain changes, checking new artwork that was delivered and taking care of a lot of minor bugs.

That's all for now!

Update December 4

Hello everyone!

I just want to update you on our plans for this coming week.

First of all, please welcome GuideZuriel as our Community Manager. Zuriel will be organizing the forums and asking for community feedback and involvement. If you have any suggestions, screenshots or videos, please send him a PM!

The next 10 days are going to be very hectic. The lead programmer who was dealing with client memory, zone crossing and crash issues is on his honeymoon. Congratulations to him!

We are aware of the current crashes and what's causing them. I plan to take a break from the features I am working on today and tomorrow to see if I can implement some quick fixes, but if I can't find an immediate solution there is not too much that can be done until our other programmer returns.

Update December 5

The client and server have been updated. This update was rushed out so I will be monitoring it all night. If there are any new strange errors please report them immediately.

I put the features I'm finishing on hold so that we could deal better with some imminent problems.

This update includes:

- Reduced memory usage. On average the game should use about 400 mb less than before.
    - Managed animation system.
    - Thread protection to stop random crashing and zone crossing crashes.
    - Fixes to dragging logs and bundle objects from construction sites.
    - Fixes for problems due to duplicate sent commands causing inventory errors.
    - Global chat channel. This can be accessed by typing /y at the console to 'yell' to the entire world.

If you were getting frequent random crashes or zone crossing crashes before this update, please let me know if this patch solves or reduces this.

Thanks!