Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Update December 8

I patched out a terrain update. We are fixing river edges and zone boundaries. This may affect some terraformed areas, but we need to patch these terrain updates to ensure that we fix all problems for the final terrain.

That's all for now!

Update December 8

A quick update.

I'm working on Invalid Inventory issues. If you can create an Invalid Inventory Item, please contact me. I believe that I've fixed the problem but I'd like to test all possible scenarios.

Thanks!

Update December 10

The server and client have been updated. Over the next few days I will be patching out small updates to animations and objects.

Today's update primarily deals with two issues:

- Problems causing invalid inventory items have been fixed. Current invalid items should be reset correctly with this update.
    - Memory leaks eventually leading to crashes have been cleared up.

After this update, if you are able to create an Invalid Inventory Item, please report it immediately with as much detail as possible on how this was produced.

If you have issues with old inventory items after this update, please also report this right away. I want to make sure that the functions resetting old objects worked correctly.

If you are crashing at all, please send me a report with the latest Log file from your Xsyon / Logs directory.

I will take down the server again at 12:00 Midnight PST for about 10 minutes to check the database.

Update December 11

The server and client have been updated with another quick patch. This patch is mostly a preperation for things to come.
    In this update:

-Players now start with all craft skills, however they receive 25 skill points and appropriate tools only for their primary selected craft.
    -Architecture now gains schemes. About 40 new schemes will be added within the next few weeks.
    -Required skill level for some schemes has been temporarily lowered for testing purposes. This will be overhauled within the next few weeks.
    -Your experience bar should display the correct amount on logging in.
    -You can no longer hide in combat mode.
    -Gathering infinite resources at some locations has been fixed.
    -Synch issues with distant characters has been adjusted.
    -South Camp Priest Robe and Freel Jacket are fixed.

The tribe rank system and information panels are coming soon. I'm adding a lot more to this than originally planned as I've had a lot of input on the tribal system over the past several months.

Update December 11

Quick update. I just patched out a small client patch.

This fixes placing of crafted containers so that they don't intersect with existing objects on the ground.

Update December 13

The server and client have been updated. I'm continuing to patch out a few fixes and preparations for coming features.

In this update:

- Memory management improvements.
    - Preparations for improved creature AI
    - You can now extend roads off of tribal lands. Roads can be built anywhere as long as you are connecting to an existing road. Roads will soon have greater effect on movement and reduce the effects of encumbrance.

Also, our server logs show no Invalid Inventory Requests since the December 11th update. That makes me happy. :-)

Update December 14

I've patched out a quick update to deal with a few minor bugs. I will keep patching out small updates for bug issues as it's currently easier for us to make sure they are resolved with public testing.

We're working on a bigger update to be patched out hopefully by Friday.

Update December 20

Quick update this morning:

The tribe info and rank system is done and ready, but we're a bit stuck testing other changes to terraforming and memory management. We've been working and testing all night and will continue throughout today.

The next update will be ready as soon as possible, that's all I can say for now. Some of our changes need to be working 100% before I can patch this out.

Update December 22

Hello everyone!

I'd like to keep everyone informed on what's holding us up with the next update at the moment.

We've revised the terrain system to enable us to create a smoother overall terrain and more even terraforming. Although the changes will not be immediately highly visible, they need to be done now before we start baking terrain data with our daily update.

The system is in place but still requires some more testing and checking in both our terrain editor and the game client. As soon as we're confident this system is working well, I will patch out the next update.

To give you all an idea of the end results:

Before our changes, the terrain mesh was aligned in one direction, producing situations like this
    Attachment 66

After our changes, terraforming will be more symmetrical like this:
    Attachment 67

This will also enable us to create smoother river banks and slopes in general as we finalize the terrain.

So, it's not a huge improvment, but something we definitely need to get out of the way before terraformed data becomes a 'baked' permanent part of the terrain.

That's all for now!

Update December 24

Merry Christmas everyone!

I will catch up with questions in the developer zone on Sunday and should finally patch out the next update.

Until then, enjoy!