Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Update February 22

The server and client have been updated.

This update focuses on additional error checking and data saving procedures to eliminate problems that surfaced over the weekend due to the heavy lag. I will be monitoring the server and restarting it throughout the night to run some tests.

As usual please report any data loss or rollbacks if they happen after a restart.

Thanks!

Features and Revisions

An ignore command is in place. /ignore <name> will add that character to your ignore list. We will improve this soon so that you can view your current list and remove characters from the list.

Fixes

Swapping to soulbound items should be blocked.
    Dropping dirt to dead players should be blocked.

Update February 23

Hello everyone,

The game server is currently down until further notice. I've taken it down so we can examine the data and run tests with some changes that have been made throughout the day.

I will wipe the data again and turn on the server when we have fixes for all the problems that we've located with the tests over the past 24 hours.

Thanks for your patience. We will get this all fixed!

--------------------------------------------------------
    We tested problems with saved data throughout the night with a wipe and some forced crashes and rollbacks. We've identified a few problems that we're working on. Once we have a new update ready I will test again with a wipe and forced small rollbacks until we're sure all the issues have been fixed. For now the server will be left running until we are ready for these test.

Thanks for all the testing and reports!

Update February 24

The game server should be back on this evening (PST). I'm just waiting on some test results before we test our current changes live.

It's a busy day!

Update February 24

The server will be back up in about 3 hours. We're running a few final tests.

Update February 24

The game server is back up!

I will be testing server restarts and forced shut downs throughout the night. I will be in game asking questions to make sure that our changes are working properly.

We'll see how this testing goes tonight!

Update February 25 11:00 AM

The game server is down while we work on fixing some problems.

The corrupted data problems appear to be solved but we have a few issues with something that was added within the past week. A patch will be up as soon as possible.

New download servers will be ready tonight and I will post a new installer when they are ready!

Update February 25 6:45 PM

Files are currently being transferred to our new download servers. This will take another 2-3 hours. When this is ready, a new installer link will be posted and we will have an update tonight!

Update February 25 11:00 PM

Our new download servers are up! You will need to run our latest installer:
    http://www.xsyon.com/install/Xsyon_Installer_20110225.zip

You now have the option of downloading from a US or European server.
    Both connect to the same game server.

The game server is also up and running with a very important update. Our latest tests uncovered the problems that have persisted since last Friday and we're confident these are now resolved. We'll test throughout the weekend to ensure that the server has been properly stabilized now.

I will be checking in game as usual and will announce when I am testing rollbacks and forced crashes.

I also want to clear some misconceptions posted on the forums today. Forum moderators do not have the power to ban players from the game. Their role is to organize and moderate the forums. Bans from the game will be dealt with only by our full time staff.

Update February 26

The server has been updated. This fixes the cause of (annoying) timed shutdowns that occured throughout the night. The shutdowns were caused by our error checking system. Now that the errors have been located and fixed, the server should run smoothly today. I will continue to monitor it all day too make sure.

Update February 26

We've recently fixed problems with data corruption and partial saves. Now that these are corrected, we are focused on determining causes of lag. We are not forcing induced lag, but are monitoring and recording things to determine what actions are causing this.

We will continue to patch out updates as we optimize the server.

Regarding the final wipe, we plan for this to be a week before the official launch of March 15th. We have compiled a list of saved totems from the 18th and will email the tribe and homestead leaders in advance of the final wipe.

We have not yet moved the game server. This is estimated to happen early this coming week.

For now, we need to continue with server improvements. Thanks for you patience!