Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    May 22 2011 7:30 AM UTC

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server suddenly started locking up today which caused us to have to reboot the server with small rollbacks. I apologize for this but this is unexpected as the server has been running fine since the last corrected server update on May 18. After examining the server logs, the problem seems to be with some specific creature actions, so we've copied to the data that was locking up to the test server and have restored creatures on the main server to their intial spawn state.

The intitial creature spawn state sets creatures closer to the starting zones. They will breed and spread out as usual.

I will post a longer update tomorrow regarding changes we are doing to the website and what we have in store for this week's update. Right now I need to assist the other programmers in tracking and fixing the cause of the server lock ups today.

May 23 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

We are on track for an update this Wednesday. This update will include our new tree and plant data system which will allow us to start implementing tree planting and agriculture. With this update all trees will be respawned.

We are currently making some changes to the website and our back end systems.

- Reorganizing the Developer Zone and FAQ list. This is explained here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...and-FAQ-How-to...

- Questions will be answered weekly. At the end of each month we will check through the FAQ and revise answers if necessary. As Xsyon will be continously evolving, some details are bound to change.

- The Developer Zone will soon include direct Requests for Feedback. These requests will focus on new features such as combat revisions. GuideRaguel will be running the request threads and is the main person to go to with your suggestions and balance issues.

- We've added a Suggestion tracker for player suggestions. I will announce when this is ready for public use.

- We are cleaning out the Bug Tracker and copying issues to a new private system used by the development team. The Bug Tracker will be checked daily and updated with fixed or resolved issues once a week.

- We are adding the ability to purchase pre-paid time through the accounts page. This can be done with a credit or paypal accounts with or without credit cards and will allow players to purchase game time without a recurring subscription.

Most of this will be wrapped up this week.

We are also close to showing some of our combat revisions to the public on the test server. We need to sort out and recreate some animations and this should be ready for feedback by the end of the week.

That's all for now!

May 25 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server and client have been updated with a patch.

- Tree data saved in a new database system on the server only.
    - All trees have been restored.

This is a major update to the server which is why we focused on patching out only these changes with this build. Our old system required a 'world update' to run while the server is offline to update tree data daily and required patching out 'baking' permanent changes to tree data and patching them out through the launcher.

The new system manages trees entirely on the server and will allow us to spawn, plant and grow trees without an offline world update. This is a major step towards implementing agriculture. The next step will include the gathering of seeds, primarily from cones found near trees, and planting them to sprout new trees. Trees will also sprout every Spring near existing trees.

I don't have more information to announce regarding the upcoming agriculture system as we are still working out the details. When we are ready, we will have the test server available to show these changes in progress and will solicit feedback from the community.

Our next major changes will involve the combat revisions. I'm personally waiting to see what our combat programmer and animator have worked out so far and expect to see the first (and biggest) step, using mouse controlled directional swings tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted as I would like players to join us in checking out combat changes on the test server as soon as possible.

Enjoy!

May 30 2011
    Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Developer Zone section has been updated with answers to questions going back to February. Questions, bug reports and suggestions have been piling up since the launch and my trip to Russia but I'm finally all caught up. We've consolodiated transferred all bugs and suggestions to a new bug tracking system and will make regular improvements in addition to our feature work on combat and agriculture.

This week's public build will primarily focus on important bug fixes (such as information not loading for some players while crossing zones), but we will be publicly testing the new combat system on the test server and we will move it over to the main server as soon as we're confident that it's ready enough. We are testing the changes now and I'm enjoyng it personally. I'm excited to show off the changes, but we definitely have a few things to tweak before making them public. We'll see how our tests tonight and tomorrow morning go and I'll post an update tomorrow on our progress.

May 31 2011

We are preparing a public update and test server update with a preview of the new combat system right now. Both will be up and running in the morning (PST). I'm looking forward to the feedback on our combat changes!

June 1 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

A server and client update has been patched out. The server is being restarted at this moment.

This update fixes issues with players not fully loading entities, trees and terrain while crossing zones and with players not fully loading their equipment or armor when entering another player's zone. If you still encounter these problems, please report it and inform either GuideRaguel or Dezgard directly so that we can look into this immediately.

We've also patched out animations necessary for the new combat system. We're going to continue working on the combat system for at least a few hours (we're adjusting parrying and dodge at the moment) then will allow all players access to the test server to give us feedback on the system so far.

A quick note: The Test Server will be open to all players, including inactive players so that everyone interested can see what we have in the works.

I'll be back!

June 1 2011

Quick Update: Our website host server had some problems today (I don't know the details except for that it was bad timing for our udpate today). We are currently on a shared server and are going to move to a dedicated server as a high priority. The dedicated server has already been ordered and is ready for us to start transfering the site.

June 1 2011

Quick Update: The Test Server is up and running and you should be able to log in to check out the first phase of our combat revisions!

What you can test:

Attacks:
    Left and right attacks are initiated by the left and right mouse buttons.
    Move the mouse in the direction that you want to draw back your weapon or fist.
    Without mouse movement you will initiate a mid to center attack.
    There are five attack directions: left to right, right to left, up to center, down to center or mid to center.
    Press to draw back a weapon (or your fist).
    Release to attack.

Parry:
    Use either left or right mouse button while pressing Alt
    Move the mouse in the direction you want to parry.
    You can parry left, right, high, low or center attacks (no mouse movement).
    Release to stop parry.

Dodge:
    Use either left or right mouse button while pressing Ctrl
    Move the mouse in the direction you want to dodge.
    You can dodge left, right, high, low or center attacks (no mouse movement).
    You cannot hold a dodge.

This is our first step with this system and we primarily want you to get a feel for controlling combat.

We appreciate all feedback on what is working so far!

We are aware of the following issues:

The right parry animation was not exported correctly.
    Animations need finishing and adjustments.
    Combat damage is not finished.

Enjoy!

June 1 2011

Quick Update: The Test Server will be up and down today for two reasons. One, we are working on things and making changes. Two, the Test Server is also running some test code that will allow us to process more incoming commands per second, but this code has not been fully tested and the server may lock up and require a restart.

June 4 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The test server is up with an update and I've patched out a revised test client and some animations and sound scripts. We are primarily testing some changes on the server that should reduce 'desynch' issues. We plan to test combat parry and dodge implementations hopefully starting tomorrow night.

Basically, we work on different parts of the code and run local servers for testing purposes. When we need something specific tested with more testers or players, we update the test server. Our test server builds often will have some features turned off or rolled back as we make adjustments or focus specific areas of the code that need attention.

Thanks for the combat feedback so far! It helps.