Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    July 23 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Just a quick update for today. This has been a hectic week for me, settling into the Russian time zone and attending to some personal business in addition to directing a lot of testing with the team.

Thanks to all players that helped disconnect issues! Our latest test builds solved the disconnection problems, but other problems such as faulty entity loading, resurfaced. We're still working on this. For now, the test server is available only to our private test team as continue to make improvements to combat and creature AI. We are aiming for the next public build by Wednesday and will open the test server again to the public with our current changes as soon as possible.

That's all for today. Enjoy!

July 23 2011

Hello Everyone!

The test server is now available to the public through the Test Server button on the launcher. We are primarily testing zone crossings. If you experienced the problem where entities fail to load during a zone crossing, please help us to reproduce this problem. We've added a lot of specific error checking. Once we can reproduce this we should finally be able to resolve this problem fully.

We are also testing changes to animal pathfinding, but I've reverted combat code to what is currently on the public server while I continue to improve the system on my local server.

GuideRaguel and Dezgard will contact specific players to help us check the zone crossing issues.

Thanks!

July 25 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've answered the Questions of the Week for those interested.

We are still focused on the zone crossing issue. Thanks to all the players that are helping us with this. We'll keep workin on it until it's fully resolved.

The combat revisions we're working on are almost wrapped up and I expect to have them available on the test server first, after tomorrow.

Just a quick update today as we're very busy!

July 28 2011

A quick update: From our tests so far it appears we've finally resolved the disconnection and zone loading issues. We need to keep testing with players today to make sure. Please contact GuideRaguel and Dezgard if you have had these problems and would like to help test on the test server (and have not yet contacted them).

The latest round of combat revisions has also been ready for testing and will be patched out on the test server as soon as we're sure that the disconnection problems are finally out of the way. This ended up being a big task, but it needed to be taken care of once and for all!

July 29 2011

Another quick update: The players that were experiencing disconnection and zone loading issues have confirmed with us that these are finally fixed on the Test Server! We're going to run the Test Server for private testing today so we can heavily test our revised combat hit and damage code and we'll get this build out as soon as possible. It's going to be a busy weekend for us!

Much thanks to all of those who helped test the disconnection and zone crossing issues!

August 3 2011

Hello everyone!

The Test Server is now open to the public and I've patched out data files for the coming public update. We are running some final tests on the combat system and creature pathfinding right now and you are welcome to join us. If no critical issues arise over the next day, we will patch this build to the public.

Combat block, dodge, swing power, differences between weapons and the effect of your skills, stats and item qualities should be much more pronounced and balanced now. You will notice server messages during combat. These will be revised for the public build but have been useful for testing and we will leave some of this message code in place for the public.

Please provide feedback on the current state of combat in the current Combat Feedback thread in the Developer Zone.

Enjoy!

August 4 2011

Hello everyone!

We are currently uploading files for the public update. We have a few things (mostly with creature damage) to balance today and plan to patch out the update by tonight PST. The daily maintenance will proceed as usual this morning and I will post at least 2 hours in advance before we shut down the server for the update.

August 4 2011

We are currently testing a better creature distribution and combat with creatures on the Test Server. The Test Server is open to the public right now for those interested.

August 4 2011

Hello everyone!

We're going to continue testing for a bit because of the new creature distribution and some combat tweaks we made today. The data files for the next update have already been patched out and we'll patch out the server and client with the next maintenance scheduled (2AM PST Friday).

August 5 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The client and server have been patched with an update! This patch took us a while as we spent a lot of time dealing with disconnection issues and improving combat formulas. It's good to finally have these things working correctly. We will continue to revise combat based on feedback, but all aspects of combat should now have a noticeable effect.

In this update:

- Disconnection issues fixed.
    - Combat functions revised and balanced. This is a major revision of the server side combat functions!
    - Creatures redistributed.
    - Creature power adjusted.
    - Creature pathfinding improved.
    - Desynch improved.
    - Distribution of certain objects (blades, saw blades) increased.
    - Minor bugs fixed.

These past few weeks have been very hectic with a few team members spending time in the hospital and other personal interferences. I am headed back to the US in a few days and have a lot to deal with before I return. I will answer the weekly questions and update what's in development as soon as possible.

Enjoy!