Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    March 22 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've reverted to yesterday's build and restarted the Main Server. We will schedule some testing times this weekend so we can test these latest revisions better with more testers online.

Thanks to those that helped test today so far!

March 22 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Main Server will be down for a while as we need to sort some problems from this week's patch. I will post when the server is back up. I am estimating this will take 2 hours and the server will be back up at 2:00 PM PST.

Thanks for your patience.

March 22 2012 1:15 PM PST

The Main Server is restarting now. We will likely restart it again later today as we've identified a problem with this current build that needs some revision. The current build will run but is not 100% stable. The server will be up in about 15 minutes (1:30 PM PST).

March 22 2012 2:45 PM PST

The Main Server is restarting with an update. A client update has also been patched out. Sorry for the server troubles today. The same server build ran well in our tests and for a full day, however there was an issue that potentially could lock up the server as it has done today. We patched this fix directly to the Main Server and will be here monitoring closely.

March 22 2012 3:30 PM PST

The Main Server is restarting yet again. I reverted again to our previous patch. If the server locks up again we will need to revert to last week's build. I apologize for these problems today. We tested this build as best as we can and will keep working through the night (it's night here) to try to resolve this.

Thanks again for your patience!

March 23 2012

The Main Server and Client have been updated with a minor patch. Hopefully this will completely resolve the server lock up issues we had yesterday. We will be observing closely as usual.

March 26 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Main Server and Client have been updated with a minor patch. This patch primarily releases further server optimizations in progress and fixes a few minor bugs.

Patch 2012.03.26 Notes:

- Improved threading on server to further prevent lag spikes.
    - Owner display on world objects turned back on.
    - Tribe leader bonuses properly update when a Tribe upgrades or downgrades.
    - Gates checked and revised to make sure all gates allow carts to pass through.

Enjoy!

March 28 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

We have updated our Maintenance Schedule. Maintenance will run only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday AM PST. Additional down time will occur only if needed for an emergency update.

That's all for today!

March 30 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Just a quick update tonight. March was full of distractions, both personal and development related. The past few days we are finally making great progress on the coming feature update (focus on skill, stat, experience and quest revision) with additional changes to prevent recently reported combat lag and issues with creatures.

Currently we are testing these changes in house only as we are restarting the Test Server often and running checks on current data. The Test Server will be available to the public on Monday.

Enjoy the weekend!

April 4 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is available for public testing with major balance revisions well under way!

Here is a list of what is ready so far:

Stat revisions
    - Primary and secondary stats for skill reassigned. Resource skills are now affected by the following stats:
    Fishing: Dexterity | Fortitude
    Hunting: Agility | Dexterity
    Logging: Strength | Agility
    Terraforming: Fortitude | Strength
    Foraging: Intelligence | Spirit
    Scavenging: Charm | Perception
    Forestry: Spirit | Charm
    Resources: Perception | Intelligence

Other skills will be reassigned stats to further balance the use of all stats.

- Agility affects combat swing speed
    - Base movement speed and max movement speeds increased
    - Base allowable weight and max allowable weight increased
    - Stat bonus effects on movement speed and allowable weight fixed.
    - Fix for stats potentially going below 0.
    - Stat soft cap revised. Skills gain and decay much faster now. Decay is spread across the least used stats.

Skill Revisions
    - Soft cap on skills implemented. The soft cap is per skill group (Combat, Resources, Actions, Crafts, Construction)
    - Skill counts are tracked on a daily use basis. These counts are used for skill balancing and may have future uses.
    - Skills decay / balance when new skill gains exceed the soft cap. Your least used and lowest skills decay first. There is no decay over time, just rebalancing when skills are gained.
    - Scheme gained revised increasing gain attempts based on number of available schemes per craft.
    - Schemes can be gained with continued crafting at skill level 100.
    - Experience can be gained with continued crafting or actions at skill level 100.

Health Revisions
    - Health is now variable based on stats (40%) and skills (60%)
    - The following stats affect health points in order:
    Fortitude
    Strength
    Spirit
    Charm
    - Skills increase health based on group and individual skill. Only Combat, Resource and Crafts currently affect health.
    Combat oriented actions and crafts provide more health points than passive actions and crafts.
    - Health points show when you hover over your health bar.

Experience Revisions
    - Experience is now gained per action, not per skill gain and can be gained beyond skills of 100.
    - Experience and levelling up revisions are in progress. The level up panel will allow character to shift skills and stats instead of just gain stats.
    - Skill gains through the level up menu properly gain associated stats and health as if the skill points were gained through actions.

Quest Revisions
    - Quest expiration set up. Expired quests are removed from the questor. Expired quests will have to be claimed by the creator within a time limit or rewards will be lost. (In progress)
    - Quest time limits partially set up.
    - Accepted quests now show in the Quest Tab of your personal Tribe Panel. Quests can be viewed and dropped from this panel.
    - Scroll bars for Quests and all panels checked and fixed.

Combat Improvements
    - Revised server handling of attack and position commands to hopefully reduce / eliminated combat and movement lag.
    - Creature behavior in and near water revised. Creatures should avoid combat in water entirely and return to shore to wait for their attacker.

Other Improvements
    - Local chat displays ....... for ignored chatters. This allows you to ignore, but player talking in local will not be 'silent'.
    - Resource distribution visualization tool. This will allow us to easily and more effectively distrubute scavenged resources.
    - Creature tracking improved. This helps us revise and improve breeding rates.
    - Improved Guide commands to better assist players.

All of this is in progress. I'm quite satisifed with the balance so far, but I am sure there will be some tweaking. Once the level up system is ready and quest revisions are done I will solicit feedback from all players who would like to test. For now this is a sneak peek at what's in store.

For testing purposes skill gain is run 25 times per action now, so if you are testing you will notice big skill gains. This will allow players to see the effects of skill and stat gains, balancing and soft caps on the Test Server.

I hope you all enjoy what's in progress. I'm excited about these changes as I think they will provide some much needed balance and specialization.