Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    May 25 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Main Server is now open for our second round of Free Time for inactive players!

I've been silent here this week as I had to catch up on many things being back in the US. I will try to catch up with the questions to the developers section this weekend and we are getting the test server ready for coming changes.

It appears that the issues we had with lag and desynch are resolved. We're going to work on some quick improvements based on feedback then continue with improvements as listed in the In Development section.

Enjoy!

May 30 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've caught up with a few rounds of questions to the developers for those interested.

We have a lot going on behind the scenes these days as we are preparing to raise some funds to expand our development team and promote Xsyon to bring in new players once the free time period is over. I will announce more about these plans when we're ready.

That's all for tonight!

June 1 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Main Server is now open for our third round of Free Time for inactive players!

A minor update was patched out this morning. The only visible change today should be increased stack counts for many items.

We've made some major revisions to how creature AI is handled on the server and these are almost ready for public testing. I will post once we are ready for feedback. The server can process many times more creatures now without affecting server performance.

So far these server optimizations are paying off. The server has been completely stable these past few months and we haven't had any reports of lag over the past few weeks. If you do encounter lag, please report it to the Guides in game.

June 4 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Main Server and Client were updated today. We will continue to patch out minor improvements over the next few weeks while the free time is in effect. Primarily we are patching updates to the AI system and server processing. Other small changes are being patched out simply because they are quick changes that are being made while we are focusing on more substantial changes.

Patch notes are here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post95863

As part of the creature and AI changes, we are revising creature ageing. It's currently based on game years, but we will age creature from child to adult faster, based on game months. This will populate the world with more adult creatures faster. Once this is ready we are going to reset creatures with a saved distribution and allow the breeding system to take over from there. We will request feedback on the revised creature AI at that point.

Enjoy!

June 8 2012 10:05 PM PST

The Main Server is currently restarting and will be up at around 10:30 PM PST.

June 9 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've almost caught up with the weekly questions to the developers for those interested (I have one more week to catch up with).

If you have logged in to the test server you would have noticed that we have cleared the database there. This is for testing and promotional purposes, as we are preparing some before and after screenshots and videos of tribal lands. We will be closing off the test server to public access tomorrow so that we can run some database tests.

That's all for today!

June 11 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

All the weekly questions to the developers have been answered for those interested!

We are currently running a lot of creature AI and growth tests on the Test Server and have set up a new distribution / spawn for creatures. Creatures will mature faster with these changes and we've fixed many reported issues.

I will post when this is open for public testing.

Enjoy!

June 13 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is open for public testing. The main change is with creature ageing and growth. In addition we've made a few minor improvements and bug fixes. These are changes that we plan to patch out immediately (Friday morning). The full list of what's available for public testing is here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...yon-In-Testing

The Test Server is currently operating with a blank database. We are running some tests with this data and will reload the data from the Main Server when we are finished. (Should be tomorrow morning). I will post again when we've copied over the latest data.

June 14 2012 3:30 PM PST

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is open with data from the main server for those interested in testing the latest minor improvements. These changes look good so they will be patched to the Main Server tomorrow. We will continue patching only minor fixes and creature AI revisions until the free time period is wrapped up on June 25th. Then we will start totem decay and the coming of revenants.

June 15 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Main Server is now open for our final round of Free Time for inactive players!

We are going to allow all inactive players to log in next weekend as a last chance to claim their goods and update their totems before we start the first round of totem decay and removal. I will send out an email to everyone as a reminder.

The Main Server and Client have been updated with a patch. This patch is focused on revised creature growth, ageing and breeding. Creatures now grow based on game months rather than years. In addition, we've made some minor bug fixes and improvements. Full patch notes are here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post96007

Enjoy!