Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Xsyon Update June 30

Quick Update:

I'm running some checks on the updates from this morning. I'm just about done, so the new update is on it's way within an hour or so.

I'll be back!

Xsyon Update June 30

Update June 30:

Hello Everyone!

The new installer is up:

http://www.xsyon.com/install/Xsyon_I...r_20100630.zip

This will install over your current installation.

This should fix all problems we've had with files getting corrupted. It might need a bit more testing as it's hard for us to test every case internally, but so far we haven't found any problems with this version.

The client and server have also been updated. The main server is up.

The new terrain rendering system is now almost fully implemented, so most of you should see an increase in performance.

The test server is not up yet. I'm testing a few things with a local server before I turn it on. Both servers will be identical for now but we will be spawning and testing creatures on the test server for the next few days.

I will be checking here in case there are any immediate problems with the new installer.

Xsyon Update July 12

Update July 12:

Edit: As this update hasn't been tested, the server might be up and down. I solved a small problem with changes in the save functions. We'll see if there are other problems or if that was it.

Edit: I just uploaded a small patch to fix a problem with the right click menu on icons.

A new patch is up. This includes:

Final container system including container crafting and carrying of left and right pouches. This system still needs a few tweaks.

Major revisions to how animations are sent from npcs and between players.

Improvements to creature motions and AI.

Performance optimizations for rendering objects and trees.

Minor bug fixes and improvements as usual.

More improvements to creatures and performance optimizations will continue. This build hasn't been extensively tested as it includes some very recent changes. We will be testing tonight and will update again tomorrow morning if necessary.

Xsyon Update July 14

Update July 14:

A new client and server update has been patched out.

This update includes:

Slower energy drain / faster energy gain.

Performance optimizations for rendered objects.

Improvements to the selection of ground objects such as fallen trees and logs.

Containers and ground objects can now only be accessed by one player at a time.

Eight new starting locations.

Bug fixes:

Trees cut by several players at once will now produce only one fallen tree.

Duplication of objects in ground containers prevented.

Fixed view frustum culling.

Potential crash caused by players logging off during a trade transaction fixed.

In Progress:

Continued improvements to creature AI.

Stacking of objects within ground containers. Splitting object stacks.

Additional pouches.

Right click human / creature interaction menu including skinning and boning commands.

Performance optimizations to Speed Tree.

Updated manual with character creation information that will later be incorporated directly to the character creator.

Xsyon Update July 15

Update July 15:

Today's patch hopefully solves the lag issues we experienced yesterday. Please give me feedback on this. This is primarily a bug fixing / performance patch.

This patch also includes:

Fixes for busy containers.
    Improvement to mid distance terrain rendering.

Xsyon Update July 17

Update July 17:

I'm working on some new problems players have reported toay. We've fixed issues with containers but will continue to make other fixes and run tests for as while today.

I'll post again when I have either an update for the test server or main server.

Xsyon Update July 19

Update July 19:

I've patched out a new update.

This update fixes container issues including containers not saving, problems caused by placing containers within containers, and problems with stacking objects within or across containers.

This update required a character wipe, but not a terrain wipe.

There are a few minor additions:

Grass armor recipes can be scavenged.
    Shells will appear sometimes in sand areas.

There are also bug fixes, as usual.

We've tracked down the problem causing 'holes' in the terrain. It turns out it was the same problem causing lag spikes. We found a fix but will test this internally for a full day at least. It's not part of this public update.

Xsyon Update July 21

Update July 21:

Just a quick update for now. We brought on another new programmer this week who has been getting acquainted with the code over the past month.

I'm checking through deliveries (code and art) from just about everyone on the team today so the plan is to bring it all together into a new update for tonight.

Xsyon Update July 22

Update July 22:

We tested our changes throughout the night and a new update has been patched out.

This update includes:

Hunting skills as a right click menu. You can now gather bones and leather from dead critters.

Creatures should collide with and avoid each other.

Players can equip 4 belt pouches now.

Continued optimizations for object rendering performance.

Problems causing terrain 'holes' should be fixed. If this still happens please contact me.

Problems causing 'black holes' in containers should be fixed, but existing containers with this problem wills still have it. If you are able to create a new 'black hole' in a new container, please report it with specific details.

A few causes of lag spikes were found and eliminated. If you encounter lag in the game, please type 'lag' in the chat and this can help us pinpoint remanining situations where all or just some players are feeling lag.

Minor improvements such as the correct splitting of lines of text in chat and a fix for the mouse cursor disappearing when alt-tabbing in full screen mode.

Xsyon Update July 26

Update July 26:

A new update has been patched out.

This update includes:

Container and object permissions. Currently these are set to what players can expect within their own tribal zone. Once tribes are set up, object permissions outside tribal zones will allow for stealing.

Improvements to Creature AI.

Fixes for over 50 bugs including collision failures across zones, problems with armor parts, slots in the 3rd and 4th belt pouches and minor interface problems.

Lots of other important secret stuff in progress.

Permissions for existing objects and container might not work correctly. I am planning on a full character wipe this week so that we can make sure the permission settings are working properly.