Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    March 11 2011 9:00 AM PST

Phase II of Year Zero has started. Today you can place totems. One 1 person is required to place a totem. The tribe type created is based on the number of players in your tribe charter when you place your totem.

We will be monitoring all day and patching out updates if needed.

Enjoy the madness!

March 11 2011 10:00 AM PST

The server will be down till further notice, while we fix and issue with the Tribe system.
    Sorry for the troubles, but we will get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you.

March 11 2011 12:20 PM PST

Hello everyone!

We are going to do a new totem placement start at 3:00 PM PST.

I apologize for the problems this morning, but we needed to reset data as tribe radii were not placed correctly due to recent changes. Everything seems to be correct now. The data has been restored to the last backup before this morning's update.

We will monitor closely to ensure that totems are placed and stored correctly. We plan to spread out this launch as much as needed.

Thanks for being patient!

March 11 2011 7:45 PM PST

The server is back up. I will be monitoring closely.

We are focused on resolving current causes of lag and other recent issues and will keep working on this throughout the weekend.

I will restart the server as needed to ensure that data is backed up.

March 12 2011

Today we are going to focus on monitoring lag, making optimizations and fixing bugs.

While we've found and fixed many potential causes of lag, clearly some issues remain and we need to concentrate on eliminating these.

That's all for now.

March 13 2011 3:00 PM PST

The game server is currently down until we can patch out an update to block character naming exploits.

I will post when this update is ready.

March 13 2011 7:00 PM PST

The game server is up.

Character name exploits have been blocked.

Global chat has been disabled.

The final starting zones have been updated with more junk piles. If there are any problems with your totem floating or sunken due to slight terrain changes, please contact a Guide.

Terraforming, logging, construction and crafting will remain off until we are sure that are no problems with the updated terrain.

March 14 2011

Hello everyone!

We turned features back on in groups over the course of the night. Currently only combat is disabled and creatures have not yet been spawned.

The download servers are overloading because of the large terrain patch, but many players have gotten past this and are in game. I am working with our server hosts to see what can be done about the downloads.

That's all for now!

March 14 2011

A quick update. We've upped the bandwidth limit on the download server. This should help move things along for today.

March 14 2011

Another quick update. We are well aware of the lag and will continue to work on it. We've been adding additional detection code to pinpoint where things are getting stuck. More players, more potential causes. System resources and bandwidth are not issues right now.

We will stop taking Pre-Orders at 12:00 Midnight PST. Pre-Order players will have 2 1/2 months of game time starting tomorrow.