Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    July 7 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server and client have been updated with a patch.

Patch Notes:

Player and creature positioning has been revised to fix 'desynch' problems. We are still working on improving the synchronization of movements and animations, but this is a big step in correcting desynch issues, especially for combat.

Player connection and disconnection issues that were causing lag spikes and potential server freezes have been fixed.

Issues causing players to disconnect while crossing zones, or randomly, have been fixed. There may still be some disconnects crossing zones. If so, please continue to report this.

Scavenging distribution has been revised and improved. This will be further revised this week.

Large Metal Plates have been replaced in recipes with Small Plate, which is available in game.

Limestone walls now have two versions. All walls in game have been reverted to the old lower height. A new scheme can be found or gained to build a full height limestone wall.

If you have already made adjustments in order to have the new wall height, please contact a Guide (GuideRaguel, GuideMihr, or Dezgard) and they can assist you to convert walls to the new wall type.

We've been extremely busy dealing with these issues, restructuring our testing process and finding the right contractor to help us finish some necessary changes to our account and ordering system. If this build not does introduce any problems, I will try to catch up with the FAQ and provide a full update of our coming plans by Saturday.

Enjoy!

July 8 2011 6:00 PM PST

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I'm patching the server with a quick update. This will take 15-20 minutes and hopefully will fix the issue that some players are getting stuck 'already logged in'. We caught a potential cause of this in our connection code changes this week and corrected it.

July 9 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I patched the server with a quick update. This update is a slight rollback in the code to remove changes that are causing players to be stuck at 'already logged in'. Only the disconnection code that affects this issue has been rolled back.

That's all for the moment. We will be monitoring to make sure this build doesn't cause the same log in problems.

July 9 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've caught up with the current questions in our FAQ section for those interested. That's all for now as that took a considerable amount of time. Thanks for the questions!

July 11 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've caught up with this weeks round of questions in our FAQ section for those interested. Coming soon: a full update on what we have planned for the next month or two.

July 13 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've created a new thread, Xsyon In Development, to list what is currently in progress and planned for the near future. This reflects our goals and task list for the next 6-8 weeks. We will add or remove to this as needed if critical issues arise or if some of the task become more difficult than anticipated.

Our ultimate direction is to add contested expansion totems and agriculture. Our more immediate goals are to improve and balance current systems and wrap up things that have been unfinished or unpolished for a long time.

These are our current main guidelines:

- Fun and engaging PvP combat based on player skill, character skill and player decisions, such as weapon and armor selection.
    - Fun and engaging creatures to hunt and fight.
    - Generate reasons for trade between tribes and players.
    - Improve the use and usefuleness of the Quest system.
    - Improve game immersion and the feeling of survival.

In addition:

- We will continue to work connection / disconnection issues as a priority.
    - We are almost finished collecting all suggestions from the past year into a clear and organized tracking system. If any suggestions make sense and are easy to add, they will be added along with our planned improvements.
    - We are considering implementing Totem decay very soon.

Our next patch will have improved animation synchronization and minor interface improvements, a further revised scavenged resource distribution and possibly more combat revisions. Our next primary goals are to revise skill and scheme balance with skill decay and soft caps working properly and crafting balance including scheme revisions and a limit on schemes learned per player. To balance schemes properly, we will allow players to unlearn old schemes to make room for new schemes.

Enjoy!

July 15 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Just a quick update today. I am headed to Russia early Monday and it will take a few days to reach my destination and settle in. We have a patch almost ready, so there will be an update this weekend before I leave. This is not a major update but it addresses some interface issues and most importantly it should free a lot of animals that have been stuck.

The server will be down tonight for about 30 minutes at 12 midnight PST so that we can transfer the current database to the test server and check on animal movement with the current set of creatures.

July 17 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server will be down at 7:30 PM PST for an update. It will take 30-40 minutes. We'll do this as quick as possible!

July 17 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server is back up with an update. In this update:

- Containers can be renamed.
    - Glitches with dragging and dropping icons have been fixed.
    - Closing of panels from a distance has been revised to prevent exploits.
    - Containers now stay open when you discard objects from them.
    - Interaction distance for construction panels has been increased.
    - Dismantling old buildings should return some correct materials.
    - Animation and movement synchronization improved.
    - Animal AI and pathfinding has been improved. More animals should be found wandering around.
    - Chat colors have been adjusted (primarily for Global, Announcements and System messages).

I'm off to Russia. We'll have another patch as soon as possible as we have many bigger changes in the works right now. Our primary foci for the next patch are:

- Combat improvements
    - Disconnect issues
    - Crafting scheme revisions
    - Scavenging chance increase
    - Animal AI further improvements

Enjoy!

July 20 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The test server is currently running a build that should hopefully fix disconnect problems. We have been testing extensively and are not getting any disconnections. If you experience frequent disconnects, please help test on the server. Dezgard will also contact players who have reported these problems.

Thanks!