Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    No offense, but if your idea is to suggest a combat system based on Dungeons & Dragons, pen and paper, dice rolling, tab- and auto-attack combat systems... then I think you brought your 12-sided die to the wrong place.
    Neither you do paying attention to idea. I'm suggesting combat system that will force combatant to remain stationary to do any damage to his opponent so this game won't end as circus of jumping and running around just for "nice timing" brutal manly men with spiked maces.

No thanks. I love fallout 1 and 2 but not as mmo. It must be real time or Xsyon will phail.

No... no... no... and a little more... no please.

The Darkfall style combat, even if glitchy at the moment is one of the major draws to this game. I don't think I would continue to play if they implemented some effortless combat style like turn based combat.

I wouldn't play if they made it like that either. Has to be real life skill based not luck.

Mount & Blade one of my favorite games love that combat.

I stoped paying WOW cuz it has a turn based system. Its simple not realistic. Sorry.

What they can do is to implement a different server for combat and movement.
    Let say xsyon map can be divided in 4 areas. A1, A2, B1, B2.
    ---------
    A1,A2
    B1,B2
    --------
    A1 is one server for combat, A2 is second server for combat, B1 is third server for combat, B2 is fourth server for combat. If total players on the map is 1000, and 250 in each zone.
    Can one server handle 250 players if all players are in combat mode?

Each time you move from one area to another, you just switch server from A1 to A2.

I dont know. Its just an idea.

While I don't necessarily agree with 100% turn based combat, I think its laughable to call it "skill" to button mash your movement buttons and right/left clicks in a MMO. server ping/lag and differences in computer performance and speed just does not make this a skill. #1, a swing of a weapon should happen a lot faster than someone moving. Right now, you can move WAY faster than you can swing even the speedy dagger or unarmed. This basically means that hitting someone is a matter of luck (or bad luck), no way in hell can you call it skill.

If the dodge/parry system was made to work better, and PO weapons were nerfed to hell, and foot movement in combat was slowed way down, the combat system would be slightly more interesting, though without ranged weapons or any skills, its still kind of dumb, ESPECIALLY for group versus group.

Its not very skill based at the moment but with some proper fixes it could be. Also I like a bit of movement in combat. Its hard for an insanely skilled character to really shine unless they can effectively dodge poorly aimed blows, and the actual "dodge" system is not a good answer given that in order to be using it, you can't be attacking back. However a fast swing with a wide arc in hand to hand combat would be very reasonable.

I just don't want the game to feel like you are butting heads until one of you dies. The most fun I've ever had in combat was in Freelancer, where I danced through the skies spewing death while avoiding the fire of most of my opponents.

Mount & Blade isn't a bad system. If anyone has played Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy, those were melee systems that involved a lot of jumping, running, and dodging. What Xsyon needs is either combo moves that can be performed with different weapons, or at least general light, medium, and heavy attacks that have different arcs, ranges, speeds, and damage outputs based on the weapons being used.

Turnbased? No. Just...No. Doesnt suit this game at all. I like turnbased... but i wud play fallout using that VAC system if wanted turnbased. Here? Sorry no.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    No thanks. I love fallout 1 and 2 but not as mmo. It must be real time or Xsyon will phail.
    FOnline 2238 actually did a pretty decent job of it. It's worth a play. I just despise instancing.