Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Ok. "That doesn't even cover bandwidth" can be paraphrased as, "That's so little money, it probably wouldn't even cover a single item of expense out of the many that would inevitably be involved in this type of project."

He didn't mean "That would be enough money if only it were enough to cover bandwidth. Thus if you show that this monthly sum will cover bandwidth, you've shown it is sufficient to run the entire company."

Let me know if you need pictograms. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Ok. "That doesn't even cover bandwidth" can be paraphrased as, "That's so little money, it probably wouldn't even cover a single item of expense out of the many that would inevitably be involved in this type of project."

He didn't mean "That would be enough money if only it were enough to cover bandwidth. Thus if you show that this monthly sum will cover bandwidth, you've shown it is sufficient to run the entire company."

Let me know if you need pictograms. <3
    Yes Please. Give Me Pictures. And Explain again. In Greater Detail.

Xsyon Citizen
    Well, when a mommy Jordi and a daddy Jordi love each other very much, they get together and do something special . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    Lol yea I'm the moron at least I'm not QQing on the forums because they had issues on release. And the reason I asked that was because you have an attitude that this game should be in perfect running condition from the start. Which no MMO has ever been perfect from day 1 and it usually takes a while, but whatever keep taking what I say out of context and continue crying over issues they're working on.
    Im getting kinga tired of this same bs being thrown around about "no mmo being perfect at release".

This is just wrong. MMOs I played at release where I and my friends didnt experience any problems whatsoever; Dark Age of Camelot original US release. Age of Conan. Warhammer online and most recently Rift.

There, those games I played on day 1, and they ran flawlessly for me. Im well aware that in most of em there were plenty of morons trying to run the game on lowspec computers, with dialupinternet etc etc, and thereby experiencing less than stellar performance, but guess what, thats not the games fault.

So please stop chanting that "no mmo is perfect at release" bs, its old.

Like I've said before, by the time they get the features in to make the game actually fun, everyone will be playing swtor and this game will be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriath View Post
    Im getting kinga tired of this same bs being thrown around about "no mmo being perfect at release".

This is just wrong. MMOs I played at release where I and my friends didnt experience any problems whatsoever; Dark Age of Camelot original US release. Age of Conan. Warhammer online and most recently Rift.
    Some MMOs are certainly more polished than others at release.

I would agree that the DAoC and Rift releases were fairly smooth.

I would somewhat disagree with AoC and WAR - not based on playability - but on the games themselves. Neither game came close to fulfilling the 'promises and expectations' of their respective player bases on release - although both have filled out fairly well over time.

That said - it's not entirely fair to compare Mythic, Funcom, and Trion to an independent studio. The former have dozens (if not hundreds) of employees.

If you take Xsyon 'in context' and compare it to other 'indie' titles - I believe it does quite well.

The game had to 'scale up' by several orders of magnitude at the last minute - and it still performs fairly well (after a protracted series of hiccups and setbacks). I consider that quite an accomplishment (for a small DEV team).

Is the game all I hoped it would be?

No - not by a long shot and probably not for quite some time. The primary skills I'm interested in aren't even in the game yet.

I don't consider myself a 'fanboi', nor am I 'QQ'ing. I'm just an average bloke looking for somewhere to relax after work. So far - even with the setbacks and delays - Xsyon is still a pretty decent place to be.

Yeah, but it's also not fair to give customers a giant list of features, and then give them nothing but broken systems and call it retail.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyEvil View Post
    Yeah, but it's also not fair to give customers a giant list of features, and then give them nothing but broken systems and call it retail.
    This is what happens when development teams run out of money. They get people excited about a release, sell sell sell to keep their development going and basically charge players for beta testing. It's why the servers don't run half the time and why probably more than half the feature list isn't live, without even acknowledging that paying customers aren't getting what they advertised.

It makes me wonder why this game hasn't been halted yet due to false advertising.

The biggest thing that blows my mind is how awful people said the combat was since the start of alpha, and it still launched with the same combat system. Half the people I know don't even want to go out to trade because the system is so bad it's completely random if your hits land.

The devs can easily argue "we stated this launch is prelude where the game will only be in it's basic state and build/include over the course of 6 months." <--interview

It's a little misleading clicking the features page and thinking that's what you're getting, but the main FAQ says:

6.) What is Prelude?
    Prelude is the first chapter of Xsyon. It is a time of discovery, building, and exploration and will continue through summer as the game evolves to include more content and features.

^That's what's happening to me.

So while they do have features listed on the main page, the main page doesn't say when you'll get them or if they are even part of prelude.

And the forum FAQ section says a bunch of other things. Like a lot of things they've already got made that just aren't in yet. They very well could have 80%+ of the features list completed.