Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

terraforming scrap

shouldn't you have to gather all the scrap until you hit land before you can pave or terraform? maybe make the scrap kinda like how dirt operates, you can pick it up but you can't destroy it.. the current system is too exploitable to grief tribes... what do you guys think

who cares there is way to much junk as is

From what I've seen scrap piles dont ever run out, just "move around" their resources. So this doesn't seem possible currently, and as our tribe's frustrated terraformer can attest, we do NOT need even more arbitrary terrain types we can't craft on.

Quote Originally Posted by vazzaroth View Post
    From what I've seen scrap piles dont ever run out, just "move around" their resources.
    Of course they can run out . Stay on the same spot and gather the material type it offers , it will turn to dirt after a certain amount of pulls ( where i am that's 8 gathers from the same spot ) . Keep doing that , and you can clear terrain of junk just by gathering .

I've gathered from the same spot many, many, many times and if theres nothing on resources, just scavenge or come back later and it's repopulated. Maybe I've just found the good spots or something, but I've never seen them run out permanently.

Edit: I tried it out without moving and I guess they do, just a tiny little spot at a time... huh. Well I don't see ever really running out of scrap within the free months for my tribe...

but yeah maybe they should not be allowed to build roads on scrap unless its clear first..

A tribe could build road over an entire scrap pile to grief another clan and thats just messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by vazzaroth View Post
    I've gathered from the same spot many, many, many times and if theres nothing on resources, just scavenge or come back later and it's repopulated. Maybe I've just found the good spots or something, but I've never seen them run out permanently.

Edit: I tried it out without moving and I guess they do, just a tiny little spot at a time... huh. Well I don't see ever really running out of scrap within the free months for my tribe...
    They do run out we've depleted a good portion of our scrap pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    They do run out we've depleted a good portion of our scrap pile.
    then you guys should have more then enough of everything you need, scavenging is far better than decimating scrap piles anyway.

i terraformed some junk and i dont feel all that great about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    i terraformed some junk and i dont feel all that great about it.
    What does that mean?