Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why i changed my mind

Over this past month or so i have become more negative about xsyon (along with plenty of others) and went from totally loviong the game to hating it at times. We have had a rough ride over the past 6 weeks, no doubt about that, and i really did start to doubt of this game could ever survive.

So, first i bought Rift. I played it alongside xsyon for 2 weeks. Im bored. Cancelled my sub. Its flashyness kept me hooked for a short time but the last 2 weeks of my sub my 6 year old son plays. I came back to xsyon still a little frustrated and a few days ago i resubbed Mortal Online. I played for 30 minutes. In that 30 mins i realised just how great xsyon really is. People (including me) have been spouting off about there being nothin g to do in Xsyon - what a load of crap. I had just not scratched the surface properly. I had made assumptions about weapons being pointless - not true. I made assumptions about armour being pointless - not true. The depth of crafting system is just starting to come to light as we realise even the woodworkers skill in crafting a handle has an effect on the finished weapon.

The world looks great - now the snow has gone i was complelty blown away when i compared to Mortal. people say we cant affect the world, bullshit. Look around and see what people are doing with settlements - far better than any other game out there.

The lag is getting much better (i still had lag in MO even now). optimisation is happening over the next few weeks. Ofcourse we need a few more features and the game will get even better. We need a few more people to come back that were scared away by the lag problems. Xsyon really is a great game with amazing potential. You just need a few days away from it to appreciate it.

Do not listen to this man, armor and weapon and crafting handles have no effect on anything. Go along your ways running around naked with pre-order weapons and don't bother skilling anything except hide, runing and jumping and put all your points into combat.

Nice that someone gets it, welcome to minority.

People always have the, " Grass is greener on the other side " mentality. They look back at Darkfall, and choose to ignore their bad situations, the lag, and why they left to begin with, believing that what they left could "not nearly be as bad as what they are dealing with now." Or they look back at Rift, World of Warcraft, etc, and see their themepark MMO's and forget why they left those, too.

People did not believe when a minority of us claimed that Xsyon has made leaps and bounds in terms of progress that would have taken other developers months to patch out and fix. The older MMO players know what it's like to have a really bad launch -- The February 18th launch was pretty bad, yeah, but the more recent one? Like sailing on the ocean with a light drizzle of rain compared to other MMO's.

A few good refinements to the current features in the game, an up-coming combat fix, and all will be good. Minus the little annoyances ( like no freaking sort on the crafting menu's. )

People often talk about there being no trade, also not true this has also improved recently, some tribes have started dollars as currency and things are moving along well generally. Of course this could be improved further, im sure jordy will take on board the regional resources arguments when developing post scrap stage of the game and things will get even better.

Lots of good stuff about xsyon, its easy to get swept along with negativity but take a step back and look at it again its nit as bad as all that at all.

yes its always easy to think things are better elsewhere, sebastian is spot on..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8OBl...eature=related

I too bought Rift because Xsyon was seeming to never get any better and just laggy allllllll the time.

I too am canceling my sub after the free month. It's so same-y. At least Xsyon has new ideas, whether they are implemented smoothly or not.
    Now, whether I keep my sub to Xsyon after the free time here too is going to depend 100% on whether the promises get delivered on by then or not.

The worst possible thing is if the devs wait to release this new content until just before or just after our free time expires to persuade us to keep paying... I might unsub on principle if that happens...

We've actually had quite a few people come back the last 2 days. And from there perspective, the games improved quite a bit. Things you dont notice if ur always playing.

Although the lack of animals is a huge detriment to the game. It effectively kills an entire profession, and cripples many others (like Toolcrafting)

They were rare but not extinct in beta like they are now, we need that back. If nothing else having to defend yourself from a fox occasionally is a pace breaker.

Also, what happened to the 10 or so animals that were "Finished and going to be added at launch" we were promised? Also, Archery had a similar "It's basically done" announcement...

Quote Originally Posted by vazzaroth View Post
    Although the lack of animals is a huge detriment to the game. It effectively kills an entire profession, and cripples many others (like Toolcrafting)

They were rare but not extinct in beta like they are now, we need that back. If nothing else having to defend yourself from a fox occasionally is a pace breaker.

Also, what happened to the 10 or so animals that were "Finished and going to be added at launch" we were promised? Also, Archery had a similar "It's basically done" announcement...
    i had a black bear outside my camp when i logged on. i tried to fence it in to keep as a pet but it can walk thru structures! Anyway, at least i managed to kill it and get some bones

Edit: I agree tho jordy and his timescales are often so far out its unreal (2 weeks from launch this time last year) but...if he just keeps informed in a realistic way i think people will be more patient.

I hear what you are saying. . after playing Mortal Online and Darkfall I could not go back to any other games.. (not even EVE). There were issues I had with those games to be sure. . so along came Xsyon. I have not logged in in awhile and am pretty bored of it. Like the other games though the freedom of Xsyon has spoiled me off of other games. Sometimes I think I am just done with MMOs but I think one of these sandbox games just needs faster progress in development. . which can only be done with a bigger team - which means NGE possibly. Are we out of luck?

I will stick with Xsyon for now.

While I agree the game has promise, I'd like to see more content before our 2 months runs out and we have to start paying per month. As it stands I'd not pay $15 per month to give myself RSI making tools all day