Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: death

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Yes, but none of your loot. I've played EVE. Was asking a rhetorical question.

Death needs to be simple. Die and your shit is left behind. Respawn at totem. Simple and effective. Covers resource/travel exploits. It has accountability for the person who died and reward for anyone earning (or finding) a corpse to loot.
    It will discourage people from travel long distances.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Why? What could your toon have on his/her person that you can't get back in five or 10 minutes? And the running there and maybe doing it again isn't that bad. Open up the map and find a shorter, better route.

I still think that respawning at your totem after each death is a bad idea. The people who wants this are 100% carebears. Simple people who traveled long distance will use this method to go back. Its an exploit. Not good. Unless your gear is left at your corpse.
    So... Do you want an exploit or not?

Don't forget that there are supposed to be mounts at some point, and the ability to bind at ally totems was also supported by Jordi.

Respawn at your corpse brings up so many exploits/issues that we already went over in a past thread. Jordi posted in that thread and said he was convinced it was a bad idea.

So... Do you want an exploit or not?

Don't forget that there are supposed to be mounts at some point, and the ability to bind at ally totems was also supported by Jordi.

Respawn at your corpse brings up so many exploits/issues that we already went over in a past thread. Jordi posted in that thread and said he was convinced it was a bad idea.
    If there is going to be mounts, then ya, its ok. But the loot have to stay with the corpse. I have no idea, what is the travel time from one side of the map to the other. And if you going to use mounts, it still maybe about 7-10 minutes of travel time.

I like the idea of binding at ally totems.,

If there is going to be mounts, then ya, its ok. But the loot have to stay with the corpse. I have no idea, what is the travel time from one side of the map to the other. And if you going to use mounts, it still maybe about 7-10 minutes of travel time.

I like the idea of binding at ally totems.,
    7-10 minutes by mount? I seriously doubt that, especially with the mist opening up. This ain't Quake. If you travel, be prepared for the consequences. We were last told that there won't be any instant travel (portals, etc.), either. I'm very happy about that. And yes... Ally binds seems to be an obvious mechanic that should be in.

Don't want to have the possibility of losing your travel time? Don't travel. It would be your choice.

7-10 minutes by mount? I seriously doubt that, especially with the mist opening up. This ain't Quake. If you travel, be prepared for the consequences. We were last told that there won't be any instant travel (portals, etc.), either. I'm very happy about that. And yes... Ally binds seems to be an obvious mechanic that should be in.

Don't want to have the possibility of losing your travel time? Don't travel. It would be your choice.
    Ok but the reloading have to be much faster

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Why? What could your toon have on his/her person that you can't get back in five or 10 minutes? And the running there and maybe doing it again isn't that bad. Open up the map and find a shorter, better route.
    fyi: how about if you die in the lake/river and can not actually loot your own corpse.

Personally, what I want to see most is the mechanic to "bandage" a comrade, allowing them to get up where they are (instead of respawning at totem). Make it a 2-3 minute "cast" time even--bandaging takes time after all. This way there is no instant popping up to avenge a death and the area has to be safe in order for the bandaging to work. Make it a skill possibly, where higher skill gets time taken off the "cast" time. Have a bandage component that must be used (oo new item with value!)

Give a time limit that someone has to actually bandage you in, like within 10 minutes. This way, even a Good Samaritan can come along and nurse someone back to health. You could actually duel friends, and if you are smart enough to travel with company, you have someone who can help you out.

I do like the idea that the ghost is bound to the area immediately around your corpse though.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    fyi: how about if you die in the lake/river and can not actually loot your own corpse.
    I wasn't referring to looting your own corpse/corpse run. After re-reading what I had, I kinda said it wrong.

I meant, what would a person have on their toon that's so important that they'd actually care about going back for it?
    The only time I really see a corpse run being important/needed would be if you're a solo homesteader. There are few resources that are truly "rare" atm.
    And the running back I mentioned, I was meaning if you were out sight seeing or meeting up with some distant tribe/friend. Having to run back, if it's a long distance, would be disappointing but not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I wasn't referring to looting your own corpse/corpse run. After re-reading what I had, I kinda said it wrong.

I meant, what would a person have on their toon that's so important that they'd actually care about going back for it?
    The only time I really see a corpse run being important/needed would be if you're a solo homesteader. There are few resources that are truly "rare" atm.
    And the running back I mentioned, I was meaning if you were out sight seeing or meeting up with some distant tribe/friend. Having to run back, if it's a long distance, would be disappointing but not terrible.