Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: death

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    .... And joexxxz, I commend you on always trying to find ways to improve various aspects of the game. But honestly, in my opinion, they're always overly complicated. Timers, keepting track of how many times something happens, when something happens, whatever...the simplest answer is usually best. =)
    Thanks But to make the game more enjoyable, you need to implement twicks and perks.
    I liked the cooldown timer in EVE, when you attack or steal something.
    Was it 15 minutes? I dont remeber
    Timers are good, just need the right combination of them

how about we wait until item decay gets added and see, im all for the corpse dropping all its loot on a container than persists, how ever i see the following issues:

>New players getting turned off by the game for exploring with out a totem.
    >Players getting killed 5-10 zone away from there totem
    >artifician timers having to be added to support said mechanics
    >additional lag being created by dead players if a tribe war is occuring
    >lag not allowing players to loot there own corpse
    >Object in Use error occuring on corpse due to lag
    >Zoneing issues causeing desync with lootable corpses compounding lag issues
    >random crashes on zoneing causing issues to get back to corpse (you are already logged in)

Once all that is fixed then we can start talking about lootable corpses. again im all for being able to take all your stuff when you die, no problems with that here. how ever in the current state of the game i dont think we needed that, there are still random "Xsyon has crashed" issues on zoneing and running, there are still desync. some times we have those 5 minute delays that you can't access anything container or otherwise, you have those object in use errors.

again once all that stuff is fixed then you should start talking about this sorta stuff. in the current state of the game this would just be a gank-n-grief mechanic.

Right, those things needs to be fixed, but also the game needs to go in right direction. so Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    how about we wait until item decay gets added and see, im all for the corpse dropping all its loot on a container than persists, how ever i see the following issues:

>New players getting turned off by the game for exploring with out a totem.
    >Players getting killed 5-10 zone away from there totem

>artifician timers having to be added to support said mechanics
    >additional lag being created by dead players if a tribe war is occuring
    >lag not allowing players to loot there own corpse
    >Object in Use error occuring on corpse due to lag
    >Zoneing issues causeing desync with lootable corpses compounding lag issues
    >random crashes on zoneing causing issues to get back to corpse (you are already logged in)

Once all that is fixed then we can start talking about lootable corpses. again im all for being able to take all your stuff when you die, no problems with that here. how ever in the current state of the game i dont think we needed that, there are still random "Xsyon has crashed" issues on zoneing and running, there are still desync. some times we have those 5 minute delays that you can't access anything container or otherwise, you have those object in use errors.

again once all that stuff is fixed then you should start talking about this sorta stuff. in the current state of the game this would just be a gank-n-grief mechanic.
    And why are those issues?