Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I have a suggestion how to make it better.
    Let say the person moves in to his/her the tribe area. The counter(A) starts countdown from 30 mins. When the counter reaches 0, the players save zone removed. Now he/she can be attacked. Once the person moves out of tribe area, the other counter(B) starts countdown from 15 min.
    The counter(B) is to keep track time outside the tribe area. Once the counter(B) goes 0, it will add 30 mins for the tribe area counter(A). Now the tribe area counter(A) is above 0, this means when the person goes back to tribe area, the area will be safe zone again.
    That way players wont spend all the time on tribe area, and if they do, they are open for PVP.

EDIT: One more thought.
    Let say, the evil player came to someone's tribe area. and that evil player spends about 3 min on that tribe area without leaving the tribe area. Now for that evil player the tribe area opens up for PVP. Its your fault that you didnt killed him or asked him to leave within that time frame.
    Once the evil player leaves the tribe area, the counter is reset in 3 min.

Everyone is happy now

Player A outside the someone's tribe area. Counter=3min
    Player A moves into the someones tribe area. Counter=3min and decreasing
    If Player A moves out tribe area. Counter=3min again
    Player A moves back to tribe area. Counter=3min and decreasing
    Player A stays on tribe area. counter decreasing, reached 0 min
    Player A now can attack that tribe members.
    Player A, scared, runs out of tribe area. Counter(b) counts upto 3mins.
    When counter(b) reached 3mins , player A counter(a) resets back to 3min, Player A, no longer can attack members on tribe area, counter(b)=0, resets;

Anyone have any comments???

reminds me of algebra. i failed.

Ok, my comment just to please you.

Brilliant ideas. Would make a lot of opportunities for griefing.

1. I would love to be chased to my safe zone, then stay there for 30 mins while the PKers are standing outside and I would love to tease them. Then when the clock shows 29 mins I would log off and hope that they get a heart attack

2. Even more brilliant. So 20 evil players run into a homestead area, wait for 3 mins then kill the owner. If he try to run away then they kill him outside. This is really what we need, thanks for bringing it up.

/sarcasm off

Just forget all this madness, and leave it as it is.

Ther is always logging on to find someone has been sitting in your zone for 30 mins already and they kill you as you spawn....

@Jadzia.
    1. If you being chased to your safe zone, call your bodies for help, instead of standing there and tease them
    Because you still have 30 mins of safety.

2. If 20 evil players run into your homestead, try to kill at least half of them, because you are still invincible for 3 minutes.
    Protect your homestead by having fenses, walls etc,..

There is always ways around a problem, only if u are the solution

@ maelwydd. The timer only actives for those who is online.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    @Jadzia.
    1. If you being chased to your safe zone, call your bodies for help, instead of standing there and tease them
    Because you still have 30 mins of safety.

2. If 20 evil players run into your homestead, try to kill at least half of them, because you are still invincible for 3 minutes.
    Protect your homestead by having fenses, walls etc,..
    1. No way, I don't want to entertain them but to make suffer and waste time If they find a good fight they might develop the habit to come back and bug me ! I have to teach them that attacking me is a waste of time, that 30 mins delay is a perfect way to do so. Really a very bad idea, lol.

2. If the homestead owner kills 10 of the 20, there is still 10 more who will kill him in a second. There are fences and walls, but there are no gates so how to protect the area ?

@Jazdia. Hope something like gates will be implemented. Im sorry, but im not done with my logic.
    Let say you want more safety, and i really think you do. So to solve something like this you can scavange, or search for a protection crystal. Once you find it, you might place/upgrade it some where in your tribe area, into a building, and that building will give you a 25% bonus in defense, plus %10 bonus for tribe area. You can put those cristals in many buildings. And your tribe area will be protected. That way you have an upperhand against your evil players. There is always ways to go around, so everyone can be happy.

Im saying you like crafting, and making your homestead protected would be your goal. And you will have something to do, and trade for. The game have to be challanging, fun, and easy for smart ones.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    @Jazdia. Hope something like gates will be implemented. Im sorry, but im not done with my logic.
    Let say you want more safety, and i really think you do. So to solve something like this you can scavange, or search for a protection crystal. Once you find it, you might place it some where in your tribe area, into a building, and that building will give you a 25% bonus in defense, plus %10 bonus for tribe area. You can put those cristals in many buildings. And your tribe area will be protected. That way you have an upperhand against your evil players. There is always ways to go around, so everyone can be happy.

Im saying you like crafting, and making your homestead protected would be your goal. And you will have something to do, and trade for.
    I don't want more safety, I'm really happy with the one I have right now
    Its not clear what you mean by 10% bonus for tribe area, but generally I like the idea to work for safe zone. Not in a way like you said, but differently.

Say a new homestead gets a really small zone, like 3 m radius. Enough to drop you baskets but not enough to build anything. There should be a skill or even an item like the crystal you said which expands the safe zone around the homestead. Starting small but growing as big as possible would be much more interesting than a fixed safe zone from the beginning which we can't expand in any way (if you still want to stay solo).

Only trouble I can think of with a 3m radius to start, while an interesting idea, would be for new players. One of the draws to this game (for me anyway) is the ability to create a homestead and experiment with crafts. This needs a certain amount of room from the beginning. Limiting a new player's ability to do this might hurt new player retention?

When I start the game, I notice I have to choose the character name, and then log in. This leads me to believe that there will be second, third, etc. characters sometime in the future. Perhaps a long time, but why else have that mechanic coded in?

One idea might be to allow for safe zones around homesteads, like we have now, for a new customer's first character. Subsequent characters do not get a safe zone.
    Allows first time players a chance to chill out, learn the game, be able to enjoy what has brought many of us to this game. (Not all, I understand) By the time you make a second character, you've hopefully made some friends, or at the very least negotiated an agreement with your local castle for protection in return for a steady supply of eggs and vegetables.
    Also, down the road, would encourage people to keep their first characters which by then would have become old coots (many seasons having passed), and we can kick back on pioneer rocking chairs complaining about the yoots of today.

Oh, and Joe, that is a beautifully complicated suggestion. You should be an engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Only trouble I can think of with a 3m radius to start, while an interesting idea, would be for new players. One of the draws to this game (for me anyway) is the ability to create a homestead and experiment with crafts. This needs a certain amount of room from the beginning. Limiting a new player's ability to do this might hurt new player retention?

When I start the game, I notice I have to choose the character name, and then log in. This leads me to believe that there will be second, third, etc. characters sometime in the future. Perhaps a long time, but why else have that mechanic coded in?

One idea might be to allow for safe zones around homesteads, like we have now, for a new customer's first character. Subsequent characters do not get a safe zone.
    Allows first time players a chance to chill out, learn the game, be able to enjoy what has brought many of us to this game. (Not all, I understand) By the time you make a second character, you've hopefully made some friends, or at the very least negotiated an agreement with your local castle for protection in return for a steady supply of eggs and vegetables.
    Also, down the road, would encourage people to keep their first characters which by then would have become old coots (many seasons having passed), and we can kick back on pioneer rocking chairs complaining about the yoots of today.

Oh, and Joe, that is a beautifully complicated suggestion. You should be an engineer
    The 3m was only a guess, it can be anything that is big enough for a crafting station but not big enough to build upon And new players could expand their area just as the older ones.

The character selection screen is there because we had 3 characters for testing purposes during beta. I don't think they ever want to add an option to have more characters per account.