Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    HarHar... I have a similar system, but seeing higher frame rates. With your given settings/resolution I'm hard pressed to drop below 45FPS with 8X AA and VSync(60FPS). (Vsync off 50-100FPS@ your settings) Q9550@3.4/GTX470@725/8Gig
    yeah, i got vxync on, too. When i am gathering stuff and not looking into the distance i get my 59 frames, too. gonna check tomorrow what i get without vsync.

What's odd is that FRAPS displays about 80-90 FPS, everything as high as possible, 1920 x 1080 -- yet randomly dips down to about 30 FPS for no apparent reason. Like I'll literally just be crafting away, and then it dips. Not sure if it's a programming issue or something on my side. Never noticed this in other games, and before I have a chance to move around and get a feel for the 30 FPS in Xsyon ( since every game performs a little differently from 30 to 60 FPS ), it's back up to 70-80.

Saw this with the ---

Phenom II X4 @ 3.8
    4 GB RAM
    5850 2GB Toxic Edition
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

computer. I haven't had time to test it out on my high end set up yet. Does anyone else get those weird, random 'dips' in FPS?

Also, for the OP -- if you buy a new graphics card, be warned that you need to make sure if it's AGP or PCI-E, and also how much power you need to run it. If I'm not mistaken, the 9400 ran on a PCI-E slot.

I've noticed a huge difference finally playing on high settings and receiving 40-60 fps generally.

I've gone from 18-20 FPS on lowest possible settings to 40-50 with most settings maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kropos View Post
    I suspected as much dxwarlock...time to upgrade to a more modern low-end card then :P

Any recommendation for an upgrade in the <£75 bracket....

I ain't made of money!

well if you could save up a tiny bit more..

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...56&subcat=1515

a very good card for the price