Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I've always thought expanding the mist is mainly being done by the artists.

Fixing a lot of the current things and features seems to be more of a programmers job.

The reason you see things in the order they are in now is more than likely based on difficulty of the project. The dev page (while possibly old) shows that there is a programmer with the patcher as their specific job, a programmer where AI is their specific job, and etc. Surely Jordi is probably helping with all of it, but that's not really the point. The point is that they are probably doing all of those things at the same time to some extent (except maybe the last 1 or 2), we will just see improvement come in the order shown. This also gives the new programmer more time to learn the specifics of Xsyon's coding style.

Those are my thoughts. However, I consider the game going live when pre-orders closed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    My biggest concern is the amount of effort they're putting into the areas beyond the green mist. We don't need them right now. What we need is for our current features to work, and for the ones that aren't available yet to be activated and tweaked. If they really focus on those things they might be able to roll out a decent patch that does more than "optimize."
    100% agree! Basic windows API needs to be implemented/fixed too...

EDIT: orious13, you have a good point. I have concerns the mist will be opened up before functionality fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    Yea jad I'm wondering where the 6 weeks came from as well...
    I knew i'd bring out some fb's.

6 weeks= Original 'head start' period+2 weeks 'free play' (becaue it was so broken you could barely play) period + 2 weeks 'official release date to now period'. I mean seriously people, play with semantics more. It was supposed to be playeable at the beginning of the head start window. So again, we are today, where we should have been 6 weeks ago. Congrats. Better late than never.

Also for only being 2 weeks in, and this being a small developer. I can see why it would take a little time for everything to be in working condition.
    Honestly, I don't care how small they are, or how large they are. They are producing a product. We have paid, and they want to continue to pay, for this product. I would love to continue to pay for the product, however it has to be worth paying for. The size of the company and their resources (or lack thereof) has no bearing on whether i continue to spend my money on it.

Dubanka Have you ever played an MMO before?
    uhh no. This is the very first time i've every actually even turned on a computer. What's the internet? friggin moron.

My biggest concern is the amount of effort they're putting into the areas beyond the green mist. We don't need them right now. What we need is for our current features to work, and for the ones that aren't available yet to be activated and tweaked. If they really focus on those things they might be able to roll out a decent patch that does more than "optimize."
    This.

Great Job Devs im still behind you and think you doing good work.
    Congratulations.
    You win a cookie.
    I'm not sure that anyone who is left trying to be active after the wonderful launch isn't a fan...of at least the potential of the game.
    Potential? meet Reality. Reality is there is a lot of stuff that needs to get addressed in a short amount of time...
    There are serious holes in the game, both in its basic mechanics and its 'content'. THis isn't a charity. If the basic gameplay items are not addressed, this game will not make it...

I'm a fan. Or i wouldnt still be here. However the world doesnt work on what you did yesterday...what are you going to do for me today?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    However the world doesnt work on what you did yesterday...what are you going to do for me today?
    [Off Topic]

I always wonder a bit about this statement when I see/hear it. It isn't particularly how I think. But, on the assumption you're someone who thinks like this...

If I gave you a nice, big new york strip for 6 days, free of charge, just for the heck of it but on the 7th day decided to keep it for myself does that make me an ass hole on the 7th day?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Yea I completely agree.. do they know how little we actually care about them expanding the game world? Let's get what we have now working... maybe they are trying to lure more people who might've felt like they missed the land rush?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    [Off Topic]

I always wonder a bit about this statement when I see/hear it. It isn't particularly how I think. But, on the assumption you're someone who thinks like this...

If I gave you a nice, big new york strip for 6 days, free of charge, just for the heck of it but on the 7th day decided to keep it for myself does that make me an ass hole on the 7th day?
    well, since it was 'free of charge', it was a supposed gift. So yes. That would make you an asshole
    Now, if i paid for that steak, and then you kept it, that would make you a thief.

If you have a job, and you work yoru ass off for 6 mos. Then you decide to do nothing for 2 mos. You're probably going to get fired...you're expected to work your ass off, so you don't get any credit for that, or at least that credit becomes far more outweighed by the negative you incurreced for not doing anything for the last 2. this would be my example of the 'what have you done for me lately' clause.

To bring this into the thread. It is absolutely wonderful that they got the game playeable again for most people it means that one of the 4 people i have left active at this point, will be able to stay active. however once we get past the 'woo hoo we can actually play' euphoria, we need to be able to actually play. which means getting stuff fixed. So hopefully the devs got to catch up on a little sleep. hopefully got a little drunk. and can now get back to cramming out some code to get this game to a point where people want to pay to play it.

And it would be wonderful if we could get a little insight as to how they planned to start adressing some of the issues, so that (whether or not they listen to the peanut galler) we have something more productive to argue about than, say, the semantics of the game's release date

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I knew i'd bring out some fb's.

uhh no. This is the very first time i've every actually even turned on a computer. What's the internet? friggin moron.
    Lol yea I'm the moron at least I'm not QQing on the forums because they had issues on release. And the reason I asked that was because you have an attitude that this game should be in perfect running condition from the start. Which no MMO has ever been perfect from day 1 and it usually takes a while, but whatever keep taking what I say out of context and continue crying over issues they're working on.

Look, if you guys don't like it.
    leave ! Less lagg for me.
    Prelude was meant for 500 a 1000 people they can lose 3000 of you and still go on.
    they are independent.

Lol yea I'm the moron at least I'm not QQing on the forums because they had issues on release. And the reason I asked that was because you have an attitude that this game should be in perfect running condition from the start. Which no MMO has ever been perfect from day 1 and it usually takes a while, but whatever keep taking what I say out of context and continue crying over issues they're working on.
    Actually I don't think i'm 'QQing'. I'm simply asking a question about the now, about the future. Whats past is done...we all know it sucked, and either we're here in spite of it, or we're not.

Perfection? No. Definitely not. We all expected it to be rocky. We all knew there was missing content and placeholder mechanics. That being said, we also didn't anticipate our biggest problem being just getting to play the game. And yes, i've been in a launches and with the except of mourning (haha lol dev took the money and ran), this has been the most painful.

Anyway, the point wasn't to delve on the past...merely to get an idea of the roadmap as to whats ahead. I'm not sure why you're being so defensive on the devs behalf. I mean aren't you the least bit curious as to what they going to be doing (with a decent level of specifics), and why they're prioritizing what they are? The update they posted was GREAT as a basic 'heres a quick update' level. But, ok, that was yesterday. Let's hear what the plan is.

Prelude was meant for 500 a 1000 people they can lose 3000 of you and still go on.
    they are independent.
    if that's true they must all be independently wealthy...500*15 = 7,500/mo, 1000*15= 15,000/mo. I mean that barely covers hosting and bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroom View Post
    You are so nice... We both know none of the details really matter. Some just wanna bitch no matter what. Notice the tribe trend of the bitchers?
    Yeah I'm nice That was my way of saying 'Stop flat out lieing and learn to count noob !!!'