Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Make it Dark During the Night Cycle

I guess I just noticed today that it is extremely bright outside when the moon and/or stars are out and it's night-time.

I think it would lend a lot of ambience and immersion if it was visibly darker at night. Makes going out at night more dangerous, gives more reason for campfires at certain locations and lends realism to the world.

I know I'd be a lot less likely to go exploring or hunting if it was dark outside at night.

I don't want annoying darkness when I'm trying to play. Immersion is one thing but it can go too far. Just turn the brightness down on your monitor.

Ever been out in the wild when the moon is full? It's almost like daylight, especially in the area where this game takes place. I actually find it almost too dark at night in this game. However, that might be my settings.

I would take Roxout's suggestion Malivius.

I can barely see as is because my monitor is old and the max brightness isn't that bright. This should not be implemented without first implementing torches or lanterns.

Judging from the replies, I'm guessing I'm seeing something different than everyone else. There is no visible difference for me between night and day. When it's dark (moon and stars) in the sky, the lighting appears to be the same as when the sun is right overhead for me.

I'll fiddle with my settings and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the replies!

Check out the second poster's screenshots in the below thread:

Cities of Tribes

Yeah, think it might be your settings...

To be honest, I would rather have your issue. Terraforming at night sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by redseal View Post
    Check out the second poster's screenshots in the below thread:

Cities of Tribes

To be honest, I would rather have your issue. Terraforming at night sucks!
    Yeah, I'll have to do some checking (logging back in now). I haven't seen anything as dark as that since I've been playing...

Here are a few pics I just took...75% monitor brightness. All settings on/max in-game (except bloom).

I have noticed night is brighter on lcd monitors. A couple months ago my CRT monitor died and I got a new LED backlite samsung. Went into wurm which was always very dark and now it is fairly light. I can even see a tile or two in caves. Strange because black is blacker.

Xsyon could use some work on night time though. When you look out across the lake, mountains are too bright compaired to the night sky.

There just needs to be a gamma correction setting, some people dont like there darks so dark is make everything a wall of blackness esp with no torches(to give away your position)

For me, it's way to dark at night. I have a crazy hard time getting anything done when nighttime rolls around. I can crank the brightness and/or gamma settings on the monitor, but I generally don't like to tweak on a global scale. Would much prefer some ingame brightness/gamma/contrast settings!