my idea for PvP tribe alignment and accountabiliy.

.This is just a little brainstorming to get you thinking.

PvP accountability. Let's incorporate a PK penalty system to add some risk / reward possibilities.

If you are killed by a player and you did not land the first blow you will receive a death ticket. This ticket can be turned in at your Totem which will then apply a set amount of pk points to the killer. These pk points will be viewable by all of your tribe mates and will have the killers name, tribe, and alignment listed. This info will also be posted on the forums for all tribes of your alignment to see.

This will begin to generate a most wanted list, which over time will expose the griefers and allow the community to handle it.

As you rack up pk points you will accrue indenture time. If you are killed by a member of an alignment in which you have gained a lot of pk points from killing their members, you will spawn at their totem and entered into a "captured" quest. These captured quests will require you to scavenge a set amount of resources based on the amount of pk points you have earned. These resources will then be turned over to the capturing tribe. During your capture quest you will earn no xp and will be unable to enter combat mode or be attacked until the quest is complete. Once complete your pk points are removed and you are transported to your totem.

Tribe alignment and PK points
    Good = G
    Evil = E
    Neutral = N
    Defaut is neutral

G vs E or E vs G 1pk point per kill
    E vs N 2 pk point per kill
    G vs N 2 pk point per kill
    N vs E, or G 5 pk point per kill
    N vs N, G vs G, E vs E 15 pk point per kill.

Each pk point could be worth scavenging a set amount of "usefull iems" from the capturing tribes land.

/discuss

you could grief someone constantly to get them to kill you and then this system becomes just a big exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    you could grief someone constantly to get them to kill you and then this system becomes just a big exploit.
    This makes me lol. What are you going to do. Wiggle your finger in my face and say "neener neener I'm not touching you!"

No systems, in RL if I shot someone, the police will take care of that.
    Thats what I think "Good Tribe" Or maybe certain ones could also do, serve as a (in theory) police.

ugh, pently systems blow. go back to AOC.

how about you just dont get killed? or go out in groups? .

Why do we have to have these artificial systems put into place in a sandbox game? make a list of KOS players on your forums and share with your tribe done. there is talk of a bounty system if that ever gets put in then you can just use that.

just because your not saying your going to do that doesn't me it wont be exploited.

I could just make the player respawn at my totem and kill them over and over and over, take all there stuff and keep killing them.

how even im sure a rebuttle will be put in that says "nah uh, you wont be able to attack them"

again artifician mechanic put into the game that doesn't need to be there.

The only thing i would agree with is if you kill a person you should get a hidden timer like 5:00 minutes, then if you kill another person you would get a additional 5:00 and be open for attack on your homestead->tribe land

that's about the only changes i would like to see, if you kill some one you should loose your immunity for a couple of minutes, then maybe people dont setup ganking totems.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    how about you just dont get killed? or go out in groups? .

Why do we have to have these artificial systems put into place in a sandbox game? make a list of KOS players on your forums and share with your tribe done. there is talk of a bounty system if that ever gets put in then you can just use that.

just because your not saying your going to do that doesn't me it wont be exploited.

I could just make the player respawn at my totem and kill them over and over and over, take all there stuff and keep killing them.

how even im sure a rebuttle will be put in that says "nah uh, you wont be able to attack them"

again artifician mechanic put into the game that doesn't need to be there.

The only thing i would agree with is if you kill a person you should get a hidden timer like 5:00 minutes, then if you kill another person you would get a additional 5:00 and be open for attack on your homestead->tribe land

that's about the only changes i would like to see, if you kill some one you should loose your immunity for a couple of minutes, then maybe people dont setup ganking totems.
    How about you leave your safe zone and change your back packs to public.

"trololol" something like that right.

I spend most of my time out in the wilderness exploreing and my pack is almost always empty so your troll is /fail, also that private bug only seems to work for fanny packs and the starter leather pack.

Also two weeks later from the original post and lets see, if we went with that system i could just put something like 100 units of Basalt as the quest even though the closet deposit i found from my tribe is about at least 1km away OR better yet 100 units of chalk