Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Not unless a player gets permanently banned from the game.

Bad analogy but only one I can come up with: It would be like telling a kid he can't ride the school bus for the next week because he didn't do his math homework.

The forum and game have different rules and run as separate entities.

If we did take action on both sides there would be a lot of people in game with infractions for saying stuff on the forum.
    But if a player admits on the forum that he did break the rules of the GAME that should have consequences in GAME, as in banning or rollback of his skills or whatever. Leaving it without a word gives a very bad message to the playerbase.

They have to be caught red-handed to receive any punishment.

Being put on "watch" seems legitimate to me as the guides do have access to the forums themselves.

Yes, we can't just take action against someone for saying that they did something.

Also, if someone says in these forums that they macro in game report it. We cannot go through and read every single post that's made.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Yes, we can't just take action against someone for saying that they did something.

Also, if someone says in these forums that they macro in game report it. We cannot go through and read every single post that's made.
    Isn't that what the Mods are supposed to do though ? Afterall , how can you "police " the forums , if you don't check each post , its not like these forums are that busy either .

But back on topic , i do think that anyone caught cheating in ANY way be it Macro use or anything else , they should be Named and Shamed .

I think that if think someone is cheating you should first frap it (if possible) then report it in a timely fashion not months after the fact.

I have frapped tribes and individual players since the launch and reported them that day or day after. I also went to private message Support using /h command, used the support on the website and then private message Virtus and gave him links [ privately ] to all people I've caught cheating and or Macroing.

Do not go around saying "wahh he's cheating" and shouting out names. Let the In game guides take care of that. To the OP if you have solid proof I am cheating please report it to the Virtus and give him videos of me "speed hacking" or whatever you think I am doing. I do not cheat. I did on launch Sit there and hit Tab like everybody else but once Virtus told me that doing it might be a banned offense I stopped that day. In Addition, it is your choice to believe whatever you'd like to believe. If you ever feel that me or anyone else in the game is cheating please just do the following.

1. Get Video of person cheating (use, Fraps or Wegames or whatever tool you can)
    2. Take screenshots of the conversation with the GM as proof you reported it
    3. Report it by using /h
    4. Than use the http://www.xsyon.com/support and give links to where the video and pictures are.
    5. Wait for them to do their jobs.

also I'd like to add; its usually not the best idea to post websites to sites that do or may offer cheating programs on said games's website or ingame. that is usually promoting the site, and should be banned for doing it ^_^ just saying.

Or Anyone caught visting those sites.

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    Or Anyone caught visting those sites.
    Ah now see I would visit those sites to see what people might be doing in game so I can pick it out more easily. I think cheating in this game would be nuts. I actually left a tribe to go solo again just so I would have things to do

I'm confused. PL dude asking somene to be banned for macroing? No flame intended but your memebers are admitted macroers, why don't you start kicking people from pandemic and then report them.

No its not about marcroing its about hacking. As in a 3rd party cheat programme such as aimbot, speedhack, wallhack etc. Maybe if you actually read the post you'd know that. But ur just a griefing troll like the rest of us, so i forgive you for you idiocy.

Macroing, botting, hacking...it's all thin lines of difference.