Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Macroing, botting, hacking...it's all thin lines of difference.
    Ah so Murder and Theft are the same? Gotcha. You better go tell the legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    Ah so Murder and Theft are the same? Gotcha. You better go tell the legal system.
    Wow, man...just...anyway.
    They're all automated by a third party app. They are all doing something for you in the game.
    A macro can fish for you.
    A bot can move and scavenge for you.
    A speed hack can make you run ridiculously fast.
    The difference here lies in the fact that hack will do something you normally couldn't, like run at 50mph or see thru walls. They all are based on third party software to gain an 'advantage' and should result in a ban.

Yes but THIS thread is about Hackers. Not Macro's, Go Post in one of the other 10000 MACRO threads, k thx bye.

Actually I thought this thread was about you throwing baseless accusations at the mods, guides, devs for deleting a thread in which you broke the TOS. I was merely responding to a post of yours in which it seemed, to me, you draw a distinction between types of cheating. But if you don't want to legitimately discuss, alright.

Kthxstfuqq
    Bye!! =P

If those "accusations" ment nothing and i did break the ToS, then clearly this topic should not exsist. Because i posted im sure ive stirred something up, and im sure its for the better. Otherwise they would of just deleted the thread without a second thought, correct?

Um, you misread my last post. I didn't say this thread broke the TOS. I said this thread was your crying thread in response to them deleting your post with the name of a suspected hacker, which they then stated was against the TOS.
    I'm sure you've stirred a whole lot up, why your the very image of a vigilante. O.o
    What have you stirred up, what's better for it?
    Isn't Pandemic one of the tribes that have had some guys admitting to macroing on the forums (I could be wrong)? Do you report them, or is that where you draw your distinction on cheating?

If ur talking about Cejay he quit, and thats real old news, keep with the times bro. Whats changed? Many things. For one i got a following now. They worship me n stuff. Crying? No this isnt a cry thread. Once again you missed the point.

Gee your just made of fail.

You keep skirting around my question about your differentiating in degrees of cheating, my main topic posting here. So let's take cejay, did you report him? Did you support him, turn a blind eye? Honestly, tho, I think I've got my answer. How many skills have you maxed? =p

Max'd? Just Terraforming. I dont macro.

I agree with the OP, Keep it Public.
    We dont need real life info, it could lead to legal consequence for Dev's, but ingame names of offenders need to be public. Not as a game immersion factor (obviously there's no way of communicating over distance in the apocolypse), but as a transparency feature in a game which is responsible for its reputation as a mature and non griefing/cheating organization.
    I also suspect that libelous chat in forum must not be posted or approved of unless or until it proven as correct(From the Dev's end of course). The players can and will post accusations, true or false, all day long. All unproven and some incorrect. We cant trust these.
    Could we just have a feature, where once/twice a day, an ingame popup in chat suggests players check a stickied thread in forums where all proven and punished offenders ingame names are listed and thier offence and punishment is disclosed.