Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Demond was banned? lol something happend

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I agree with the OP, Keep it Public.
    We dont need real life info, it could lead to legal consequence for Dev's, but ingame names of offenders need to be public. Not as a game immersion factor (obviously there's no way of communicating over distance in the apocolypse), but as a transparency feature in a game which is responsible for its reputation as a mature and non griefing/cheating organization.
    I also suspect that libelous chat in forum must not be posted or approved of unless or until it proven as correct(From the Dev's end of course). The players can and will post accusations, true or false, all day long. All unproven and some incorrect. We cant trust these.
    Could we just have a feature, where once/twice a day, an ingame popup in chat suggests players check a stickied thread in forums where all proven and punished offenders ingame names are listed and thier offence and punishment is disclosed.
    We cannot/will not do this because of customer confidentiality.

Xsyon Citizen
    The devs need to maintain complete control themselves, not farm it out to players or entrust them with the responsibility of identifying or "outing" players who cheat. They also need to be careful to avoid legal liability. As much as cheating impacts players themselves, beyond reporting suspected cheaters it is really none of the players' business. We'll be told what we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    The devs need to maintain complete control themselves, not farm it out to players or entrust them with the responsibility of identifying or "outing" players who cheat. They also need to be careful to avoid legal liability. As much as cheating impacts players themselves, beyond reporting suspected cheaters it is really none of the players' business. We'll be told what we need to know.
    I agree with this and add.

1. Get Video of person cheating (use, Fraps or Wegames or whatever tool you can)
    2. Take screenshots of the conversation with the GM as proof you reported it
    3. Report it by using /h
    4. Than use the http://www.xsyon.com/support and give links to where the video and pictures are.
    5. Wait for them to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Macroing, botting, hacking...it's all thin lines of difference.
    While both being against the rules, there is a huge chasm between macroing/botting ... and then hacking.

The first automates actions the game intended to you be able to make. Stuff you could do yourself. Viewed from the outside there is no discernable difference between someone who macroed and someone who played for the same amount of time.

The other enables actions and/or information you are not supposed to be able to perform or have access to. Viewed from the outside, one is a normal citizen, while the other is a superhero.

A macroed character and a non macroed character with the same stats are, all other things being equal, equally capable. In a given situation where those two characters encounter each other, it has no bearing on the outcome of that encounter how either character came about those equal stats.

An a similiar situation with two characters, one being played straight and one being played with hacks - with the same stats, player skills and all other things being equal - that is not the case. The hacking player will have an, potentially insurmountable, advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    Demond was banned? lol something happend
    Uh, forums were last place for him to make it in Xsyon. Now all is lost, pathetic is disbanding.

I could say "i killed a man" on these forums.

Should i be arrested in real life?

edit; also i agree with Trak. You're not doing anything you can't normally do when you macro. Especially if you use it to craft and are attended to it. All you're doing at that point is saving yourself some pain and probably carpal tunnel because of the monotony of crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trak View Post
    While both being against the rules, there is a huge chasm between macroing/botting ... and then hacking.

The first automates actions the game intended to you be able to make. Stuff you could do yourself. Viewed from the outside there is no discernable difference between someone who macroed and someone who played for the same amount of time.

The other enables actions and/or information you are not supposed to be able to perform or have access to. Viewed from the outside, one is a normal citizen, while the other is a superhero.

A macroed character and a non macroed character with the same stats are, all other things being equal, equally capable. In a given situation where those two characters encounter each other, it has no bearing on the outcome of that encounter how either character came about those equal stats.

An a similiar situation with two characters, one being played straight and one being played with hacks - with the same stats, player skills and all other things being equal - that is not the case. The hacking player will have an, potentially insurmountable, advantage.
    I know what they all are. In, I think, the post after the one you quoted I gave examples of each. The main point I was driving at is they are all cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    I could say "i killed a man" on these forums.

Should i be arrested in real life?
    if you put that in the correct context, of saying on a gaming forum that your cheating...

so if you went on a FBI forum (if one existed) and stated you was a serial killer, arrested right away with no evidence..no.
    possibly investigated to see the validity of your claims to mount a case against you if needed..most definitely.

so same context applies here. stating on the forums that regulates the actions you claim, should result in at least a follow up on your claims.

and a reply to your edit, thats where the grey area that cannot be allowed comes in.
    how do you determine if someone is AFK macroing, or attended? where is the line draw to "attended"..someone macroing for hours while not even touching the screen watching a movie on TV..is he AFK macroing? he can respond at any time by typing if he sees a tell...but hes not even 'ingame' hes watching a movie 5 feet away, or could be cleaning his room while macroing, or reading a book on his bed..but fully able to see green text to come reply.

. do you consider that AFK or at keyboard? where is the line drawn between the 2?

then you have the situation of someone that IS afk macroing, and getting a tell and not replying and kicked. they could claim "I was at keyboard, I just went to the restroom and missed that tell". if you allow one, you auto allow loopholes for the other to use.

Obviously it is hard to tell/catch someone macroing but we do have ways.

Attended macroing is allowed since that person is taking the time to stay at the computer and "saving yourself some pain and probably carpal tunnel"

if it appears you were unattended macroing action will be taken against you.

I cannot go into detail about how we check for macroers as people could make a work around for it.