Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    wow this forum just went from battlefield xsyon to a battle between little girls. people please grow up and realize that this is just a game, a form of entertainment. i understand you all have issues with various methods that people utilize to play this game but after all it is just a game. insulting each other is going to make you worse than the guys who quietly macro hack or whatever else form of stupidity one uses to "cheat" a game they paid to enjoy. this community is wondering why people are leaving, may i suggest that continuous bitching on threads like this maybe the cause?

yes, because ignoring a problem has always shown to be the best solution raj.

and where have most of us insulted anyone?
    and yes, its just a game...that we pay to play also.

when you go to dinner, and get crappy service, and bad food, its just a dinner. its not that big a deal, you have one everyday.
    just quietly let the waitress and cook make your food cold and late. discussing it is useless.

so your logic is "the guys who quietly macro hack or whatever else form of stupidity one uses to "cheat" a game they paid to enjoy." overrides the non marcoers "pay to enjoy" option? we pay, we play..when economy comes in we cant enjoy anything for trading as the macroers would have it cornered.

or the "they cheat to enjoy it" logic also work for your in FPS games? someone aimbotting you just laugh it off, die time and time again and say "eh they bought the game, I have no right to condemn cheating while playing with me."

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    yes, because ignoring a problem has always shown to be the best solution raj.

and where have most of us insulted anyone?
    and yes, its just a game...that we pay to play also.

when you go to dinner, and get crappy service, and bad food, its just a dinner. its not that big a deal, you have one everyday.
    just quietly let the waitress and cook make your food cold and later. discussing it is useless.

so your logic is "the guys who quietly macro hack or whatever else form of stupidity one uses to "cheat" a game they paid to enjoy." overrides the non marcoers "pay to enjoy" option? we pay, we play..when economy comes in we cant enjoy anything for trading as the macroers would have it cornered.

or the "they cheat to enjoy it" logic also work for your in FPS games? someone aimbotting you just laugh it off, die time and time again and say "eh they bought the game, I have no right to condemn cheating while playing with me."
    the point was that complaining to the manager day after day, on different posts about the same thing isn't going to help things along. the time devs could be using for development is being spent in answering "ban him" "no ban him" bs. they know some people will try to hack the game and others will macro. they are not stupid that they need everyone on the forums demanding answers from them. how would you like it if i walked into your shop as a customer and demanded to know the entire procedures and policies of your company and than demanding that you enforce those according to my point of view. If I was the dev or forum team, thats what I would feel like if i was reading this. thats all

but rolling over and going "ok ok we cant stop it, so just do it, and answer when we message you" isnt a solution either.

im not saking for an full outline on it, im asking just vague guidelines on how they do the impossible..determine if someone is in the chair watching it macro, or if they are in the chair watching TV and only pay attention when a reaction is needed.

thats my issue. thats an impossible task, no amount of human logic or programming can figure that out. and if "only macro while at keyboard" is the rule..then by default "only AFK macro when you can pay attention just enough not to get banned" becomes the rule.

I mean do you really think its fair? that you may play 4 hours a day (or only have access to play 4 hours a day) and that I can have 16-20 a day..12 of which I cant actually play because im working, but I can drag the game to my other screen, or even run in a VM reduced to 50% scale to totally get away from the need to even have it on my screen in the way AND have its own independent mouse input, more just a "I just need it big enough to read the text on the second monitor")..and macro happily away that whole time..and still be within the "im at keyboard" requirement?

and think if I was your neigherboring tribe, you had 10 people I have just me...but anytime someone needs to trade I can reply "I got 5000 of those, and Ill do it for one less than those guys" KNOWING that you worked for yours, and mine was all done without my need of paying attention.

does it really need to come down to its no longer "time invested playing" but down to "those that have the best automation programming skills" on who does better in the game?

Devs statement is ambiguous at best. Allowing macroing at any stage is simply bad unless you provide macro tools yourself. Example: Crafting. Right now I'm clicking away like mad to the point that I spend hours just clicking clicking clicking to get my toolcraft up by 4-5 points. Instead give me a macro tool ingame that allows be to put in 100 rocks and wait for output of 100 tools (or as many as I do not fail crafting). It's either allowed or not allowed. Right now people craft like mad manually as it can not be effectivly macroed and there are others that run into walls while afk (!!!). Common, that can't be the same category, there is a huge difference to skilling runing and terraforming through a macro and macro crafting. For crafting I need to spend a lot of time getting resources ready and for terra I don't even need a showel to build a road. Let's not even talk about running into walls.

Either or. No middle. Give us macro tools in the game that are sanctioned and use of those is allowed and ban all else or simply ban all macros from the game.

As for hax and other crap I'll not even discuss this, any change to game code and use of 3rd party tools to gain speed and shit like that should be bannable.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Obviously it is hard to tell/catch someone macroing but we do have ways.

Attended macroing is allowed since that person is taking the time to stay at the computer and "saving yourself some pain and probably carpal tunnel"

if it appears you were unattended macroing action will be taken against you.

I cannot go into detail about how we check for macroers as people could make a work around for it.
    I dont want to be a party Pooper, but Read the rules of conduct again virtus.

"3. Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form."

I probably dont need to explain what kind of advantages u can get from using a macro program.

- Make your own tools ingame to macro then its not against the ToS

What the gaming community needs is 'Virtual' Lawyers. So when you need legal representation after getting PK'd time and time again, you have someone to champion your cause. That no good so-and-so is afk macroing again...File a lawsuit! You can buy gold online to pay for your legal fees. ToS doesnt fit into the idea of your 1st Amendment rights? No problem! They can handle that for you.

"Your honor, it has been CLEARLY proven to the court that my client was indeed grief killed...And on top of it, he was PwNt. Afterwards, he was trolled viciously on various forums...Complete with screenshots. They even used the 'N' word. Yes...Noob. We demand restitution for these heinous crimes against our client and the gaming community..."

Ay yi yi.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post

Attended macroing is allowed since that person is taking the time to stay at the computer and "saving yourself some pain and probably carpal tunnel"

If thats the case , then why does the game client block functionality of my G15 Keyboard ? Hell , i can't even use the media player controls on the keyboard when Xyson is set as active window never mind the programmable G keys , i have to alt tab to change track / pause music etc .....................

( This only happens with this game , no other , before anyone comes in saying its my keyboard at fault ) .

I would like the client to stop blocking the keyboards functionality now that " Attended Macroing " is being allowed . I would like to make full use of my G keys directly without having to find a way to bypass any blocks .

"I cannot go into detail about how we check for macroers as people could make a work around for it."

^^ did an admin really say that ? :O

Big mistake young man big mistake, you have now just brought attention to the fact.. the right way to deal with such was to not even mention it could be worked around..

hmmm think i just added to that attention... :O Anyhow what a rediculous thread, dev's need to control any discussion or answers about it all, and deal with it behind closed doors, if your banned from the game thats it final and done, your info will be discussed in an email about it to the person in questsion, and should be monitored/stopped from posting any discussion about it.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopibear View Post
    I dont want to be a party Pooper, but Read the rules of conduct again virtus.

"3. Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form."

I probably dont need to explain what kind of advantages u can get from using a macro program.
    He doesn't need to read the TOS, because he and the other devs decide what the TOS means.

- Make your own tools ingame to macro then its not against the ToS
    You seem to be misunderstanding the meaning of "third-party tools". In this context, "third-party" doesn't mean the tool was made by someone other than you; it means it was made by someone other than Notorious Games.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldmagik View Post
    "I cannot go into detail about how we check for macroers as people could make a work around for it."

^^ did an admin really say that ? :O

Big mistake young man big mistake, you have now just brought attention to the fact.. the right way to deal with such was to not even mention it could be worked around..

hmmm think i just added to that attention... :O Anyhow what a rediculous thread, dev's need to control any discussion or answers about it all, and deal with it behind closed doors, if your banned from the game thats it final and done, your info will be discussed in an email about it to the person in questsion, and should be monitored/stopped from posting any discussion about it.
    Your post doesn't make sense. Probably any detection system could be beaten if people knew the technical details. Being told the system is "beatable" doesn't tell you anything at all, really. Further, devs likely will not tell anyone details relating to a banned player.