Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    You just need a resource which you can trade for junk, Basalt, Limestone, Mortar, Sand, etc. All these when traded can convert into the junk you need. This is what we at pandemic do.
    The transaction cost of doing what you describe is far too high. It will be far more efficient to move back onto a junk pile. I suppose if a resource terrorist enters my area, I will move back onto a pile. I hope I catch the name of whoever is doing it, though.

Last night one of the local griefers though he can hurt me by doing this:

LOL

It was this guy:

LOL part 2

Member of most pathetic tribe out there. So the story that lone homesteaders will do this is bullcrap. It's the wannabe griefer tribes that move their totems around, run around naked shit on everything adding zero value to Xsyon.

The poor bastard does not realise that part of the junkpile I have covered with my totem is enough for 3 lifetimes in Xsyon. Even worse he does not get that I can do this to his tribe in just 3-4 days by paving all their junkpiles which would force them to move after building a gigantic sand castle. So he potentially punished his entire tribe by being a total moron. Pathetic really By starting "junkpile wars" there will be no junkpiles left. An eye for an eye and the whole world turns blind, a great man said it once and it stands here. A junkpile for junkpile and we will have none soon.

Now the whole mechanics of junkpiles is simply bad. So is moving totems in just few hours and swaping tribes in such a short time. And for the end paving roads with no tool, barehanded, is retarted (whoever came up with that idea?). To build a road you should at least have a showel if nothing else.

People like Durin are irrelevant in the long run, they leave for Hello Kitty Online as soon as they cant grief any more in a game. This is why I would not be too bothered by "saving junkpiles" now, just relax and skil up

Thats all the junk you own? Pfft. Our Junk Pile Is Bigger than Your Junk Pile!

Sure it is. But I don't have to share it with people like you. There is never enough trash and junk for pathetic tribe if you get my point :P

Thats all the junk you own? Pfft. Our Junk Pile Is Bigger than Your Junk Pile!
    Would that be a Pandemic member, by chance? Tearing up the junk piles around other people? And what happened to that whole bit where you said you trade for what you need? Hm. Guess it's time for me to move, before tribes trying to create scarcity succeed. And all the tribes doing this, those are the tribes the rest of us should always be damn sure never to trade with, too.

Rescource wars only started because the PVP system is fucked.

If people had the proper systems and tools to fight back by destroying their tribe and stealing their rescources in retalliation it would be more rare.

Actually I would settle for just combat that's not so warpy, you can't hardly kill the griefers if they run anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Would that be a Pandemic member, by chance? Tearing up the junk piles around other people? And what happened to that whole bit where you said you trade for what you need? Hm. Guess it's time for me to move, before tribes trying to create scarcity succeed. And all the tribes doing this, those are the tribes the rest of us should always be damn sure never to trade with, too.
    Im sorry, but dont force you morals on others. You consider doing these things are evil, but thats is only from your own perspective. And as far as im concerned, you aint the voice of the community honey. The Community can speak for its self.

Im sorry, but dont force you morals on others. You consider doing these things are evil, but thats is only from your own perspective. And as far as im concerned, you aint the voice of the community honey. The Community can speak for its self.
    How quickly they turn! Listen, honey, the community can take that suggestion of mine or leave it, I don't really care. Nor can I force my morals on others even if I wanted to. Yes, I think destroying junk while hording your own to create scarcity is a despicable thing to do, because it has the potential to frustrate and perhaps even drive away new players.

In any case, I'm glad to have seen your true colors shining through. You want power, so you're going to do whatever you can to get it. Not power to do what you want in the game, but power over others. Well, that's how a lot of people play MMOs, and that's how a lot of people go through life, too. But it's not how I play. So I'll enjoy playing my way, back on a junk pile to prevent your way from ruining my fun. And that, honey, is what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    How quickly they turn! Listen, honey, the community can take that suggestion of mine or leave it, I don't really care. Nor can I force my morals on others even if I wanted to. Yes, I think destroying junk while hording your own to create scarcity is a despicable thing to do, because it has the potential to frustrate and perhaps even drive away new players.

In any case, I'm glad to have seen your true colors shining through. You want power, so you're going to do whatever you can to get it. Not power to do what you want in the game, but power over others. Well, that's how a lot of people play MMOs, and that's how a lot of people go through life, too. But it's not how I play. So I'll enjoy playing my way, back on a junk pile to prevent your way from ruining my fun. And that, honey, is what it's all about.
    If anything, Pandemic has done nothing but increase the player, base, look how many new players we take on and show how to play. They stick around longer than any other new players because, they get helped. Sure we slowly turn them into
    trolls, harrassers, griefers, junk pile destroyers, sometimes carebears to sort out our loot bags so we dont have to or even use them to sort out trade agreements. Power? No you misunderstand completely. Where here to be douchebags. Lovable ones. So sit there and cry about your tiny junk pile being destoyed, theres plently of people who can play this game even without a junk pile. We often trade out junk for Bricks and Morter, As its time consuming, Sure the guy at the other end gets screw'd over, but atleast they get what they need.

If anything, Pandemic has done nothing but increase the player, base, look how many new players we take on and show how to play. They stick around longer than any other new players because, they get helped. Sure we slowly turn them into
    trolls, harrassers, griefers, junk pile destroyers, sometimes carebears to sort out our loot bags so we dont have to or even use them to sort out trade agreements. Power? No you misunderstand completely. Where here to be douchebags. Lovable ones. So sit there and cry about your tiny junk pile being destoyed, theres plently of people who can play this game even without a junk pile. We often trade out junk for Bricks and Morter, As its time consuming, Sure the guy at the other end gets screw'd over, but atleast they get what they need.
    I salute your mother for her unflappable dedication to picnicking beneath high-voltage power lines whilst you oafishly gestated within her bedraggled womb. Who knew you could raise paint chip ingestion to an art form?