Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Thank you! Pity it's not a marketable skill.
    I hear lawyers do ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxout View Post
    I hear lawyers do ok with it.
    I won't give the OP more reason to be irate with me by explaining to you in detail why law is not based in logic, reason, and the ability to verbalize logic and reason (at least not in my country). Although the ability to pretend to use logic and reason is handy for covering up the real basis of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    This is actually a pretty interesting statement...because in the commercial world, outside of the video game industry, there is very little room for 'almost good enough'. I fail to understand the thought process behind spending money for:

'aw shucks, they sure are working hard...and they almost made this really great product, but it's not quite there, and it may never get there, but i may as well just be happy with the half broken product i have because odds are it won't get fixed'.

This is not a business model that works for burgers, cars, real estate, retail or really anything i can think of. Where else in your life are you willing to accept an incomplete, or broken, product as good enough?

I want this game to succeed as much, if not more, than anyone...because of sheer potential of what it coudl evolve to...but damn, this apologist, hand wringing, gosh yer working hard, atttitude is just boggling.
    $40 lasts less than an hour for me in a bar.... this game even with its flaws is money well spent.

This is actually a pretty interesting statement...because in the commercial world, outside of the video game industry, there is very little room for 'almost good enough'. I fail to understand the thought process behind spending money for:

'aw shucks, they sure are working hard...and they almost made this really great product, but it's not quite there, and it may never get there, but i may as well just be happy with the half broken product i have because odds are it won't get fixed'.

This is not a business model that works for burgers, cars, real estate, retail or really anything i can think of. Where else in your life are you willing to accept an incomplete, or broken, product as good enough?

I want this game to succeed as much, if not more, than anyone...because of sheer potential of what it coudl evolve to...but damn, this apologist, hand wringing, gosh yer working hard, atttitude is just boggling.
    Personally i agree with above statement, i read alot on these forums, "Guys have you ever played an MMO launches are always bad jeesh." wait wait wait wait wait so becuase other companies have had bad launches we go around acting like thats whats to be sxpected or at what point do we demand a company release a game in a state that was advertised? And now for the "Didn't you do your research before you bought this game?" why is it no on the consumer to look beyond what is on the products cover/webpage why do they/we need to go looking through forums to see if we are getting what is promised on the page we buy the game from? As far as im concerened it should be the responsibility of whoever is selling a product to live up to what they sad thet are selling.

I don't think that you understand. Forums aren't for trying to fix a game. They are designed as a place for two things.

1)Constant belly aching and whining with a dash of exaggeration (that was an awesome 7 week rollback we had last month) and a pinch of threatening to quit if you don't get your way

2)And telling other people exactly how "leet" you really are in case they didn't notice when you told them while playing the game.

Xsyon Citizen
    Original post is stupid and suggests both an inability to think clearly and a more general lack of intellectual sophistication.

Sorry about your tiny pink brain, bro. Umad?

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I won't give the OP more reason to be irate with me by explaining to you in detail why law is not based in logic, reason, and the ability to verbalize logic and reason (at least not in my country). Although the ability to pretend to use logic and reason is handy for covering up the real basis of law.
    Great Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Original post is stupid and suggests both an inability to think clearly and a more general lack of intellectual sophistication.

Sorry about your tiny pink brain, bro. Umad?

Great Britain?
    US. But much of our sorry excuse for law comes from Great Britain.

Xsyon Citizen
    Methinks you exaggerate a bit, then.

This is actually a pretty interesting statement...because in the commercial world, outside of the video game industry, there is very little room for 'almost good enough'.
    Windows. 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    Windows. 'nuff said.
    Rofl so true.