Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Prognostications, Hyperbole, and Facts

It is great that Notorious Games has forums for us to exchange ideas, suggest improvements or simply share useful information.

However, lately, it seems that folks are only interested in seeing if they can influence the developers of Xsyon to make the game to their vision.

I am curious folks... has this EVER really worked in a positive way? Sure, you can shout, whine and scream enough that they may give in to quiet the noise... but who are they caving in to? The majority of actual players? I don't really know, but my guess would be that as human beings with emotions and feelings like anyone else, it is more reaction to pressure then what's in the best interest of the game.

Another thing I keep seeing lately are folks predicting what will happen if this that or the other thing happens, hyperbolizing to make things sound either much worse then they are, or down playing it to unimportance.

Why can't we stick to the facts? Is that just not humanly possible these days?

Let me state a couple facts...

1. Almost any MMO you will play, tells you in the EULA that you are paying for a service that allows you to login and play a game that be modified, or be cancelled at any time by those that developed it, and carried no other guarantees.

That is your only actual "right". EULA's are written on purpose to protect the makers of a game NOT the players.

2. If it is made by humans hands, it will be imperfect, flawed, and may gradually improve over time... or it may not.

In a perfect world, every game would be EXACTLY what WE want. This ain't heaven and humans are not perfect.

Maybe you can add to these "facts", or maybe you will tell me I all wrong, and explain ad nauseam with hyperbole and clairvoyance how it WILL be different.

Facts don't change regardless of how bad you want them to.

Personally? I am loving this game! I have no problem putting up with changes, since they lead to improvement that I am looking forward to. In the mean time, I can get my skills up and be prepared for what is coming next. Count me as someone that can see the flaws, but can also see past them to what comes next.

I agree wholeheartedly. Well said.

I disagree, I am Perfect.

Well said, although I think it's been said a 100 times before, but unfortuantely your target audience for much needed posts like this will fall on deaf ears and the illiterate

Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    Well said, although I think it's been said a 100 times before, but unfortuantely your target audience for much needed posts like this will fall on deaf ears and the illiterate
    Yes. it is a proven fact those who do not currently agree with the OP are unable to read and write, and they often have severe hearing problems

Agreed Mac, Well stated and acknowledge.

Internet forums are like gossip or whining at work.

People will never repeat with the same exaggeration or emotion when their boss asks them to spell out any problems. The simple reason is, the exaggeration and emotional elements aren't accurate and they'd look silly putting those statements 'on the record'.

I don't suppose there's a cure to internet anonymity which doesn't cause more problems. And until there is we'll have to put up with people who just don't or can't self-regulate.

Hey Mac, are these your words?:

"Rules will help us all stay civil, lack of rules will cause chaos and ruin our fun and games."

Doesn't look like a factual statement to me, looks like an opinion and a prediction for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    It is great that Notorious Games has forums for us to exchange ideas, suggest improvements or simply share useful information.

However, lately, it seems that folks are only interested in seeing if they can influence the developers of Xsyon to make the game to their vision.

I am curious folks... has this EVER really worked in a positive way? Sure, you can shout, whine and scream enough that they may give in to quiet the noise... but who are they caving in to? The majority of actual players? I don't really know, but my guess would be that as human beings with emotions and feelings like anyone else, it is more reaction to pressure then what's in the best interest of the game.

Another thing I keep seeing lately are folks predicting what will happen if this that or the other thing happens, hyperbolizing to make things sound either much worse then they are, or down playing it to unimportance.

Why can't we stick to the facts? Is that just not humanly possible these days?

Let me state a couple facts...

1. Almost any MMO you will play, tells you in the EULA that you are paying for a service that allows you to login and play a game that be modified, or be cancelled at any time by those that developed it, and carried no other guarantees.

That is your only actual "right". EULA's are written on purpose to protect the makers of a game NOT the players.

2. If it is made by humans hands, it will be imperfect, flawed, and may gradually improve over time... or it may not.

In a perfect world, every game would be EXACTLY what WE want. This ain't heaven and humans are not perfect.

Maybe you can add to these "facts", or maybe you will tell me I all wrong, and explain ad nauseam with hyperbole and clairvoyance how it WILL be different.

Facts don't change regardless of how bad you want them to.

Personally? I am loving this game! I have no problem putting up with changes, since they lead to improvement that I am looking forward to. In the mean time, I can get my skills up and be prepared for what is coming next. Count me as someone that can see the flaws, but can also see past them to what comes next.
    Well put. Squeaky wheel always gets the Grease.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    I have to agree with Boomer that this would just fall on deaf ears.