A craftable chest

Architecture should have an option to build a chest, this would keep you from being able to just pick up and drop down anywhere outside your tribe zone.

It could also be done like a storage building instead of a chest, like some type of shed/garage.

There could be different sizes:

1. 100 slot chest, has 2 tabs with 50 slots in each tab.
    2. 300 slot chest, has 3 tabs with 50 slots in each tab.
    3. 500 slot chest, has 5 tabs with 50 slots in each tab.

They should take up considerable amount of room.

We would need to be able to craft some type of key for getting in and out of these, or it could come with one after the structure is completed- the key would drop in the architects pack that could be traded off to whoever needs to keep up with it.

The key could be duplicated by a locksmith in case more than one person needs access, also a locksmith could change out the lock and recieve a new key for the new lock in case you found out people that shouldn't have a key has one.

Keys/Locks would require some type of resource that would be need to craft themm.

This would allow us to get rid most of the the bin clutter.

Parts would consist of several components like:

Wood Planks - crafted by the woodcrafter, of course.
    Nails
    bolts
    hinges - would need to be crafted by a tool crafter using parts scavenged or found from sorting scrap.

This would probably help with zone loading lag as well, only a guess but the less you have to load for a zone the faster you can load it, right?

Surely it would be woodcrafting?

I can't believe that Basketry is the only way to create containers. I can make all sorts of complicated outfits with Tailoring, but haven't yet figured out how to make a cloth sack? Tailors should be able to make cloth sacks, and Woodcrafters wooden boxes and chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    I can't believe that Basketry is the only way to create containers. I can make all sorts of complicated outfits with Tailoring, but haven't yet figured out how to make a cloth sack? Tailors should be able to make cloth sacks, and Woodcrafters wooden boxes and chests.
    I really would like a chest instead of a basket, also i would like to be able to delete baskets since it seems there is issue with not being able to get rid of them, so you end up with this endless supply of baskets that wont go away.

Also bone crafters need to be able to make bone thrones to sit in made of skulls and spines

this is the best idea i have heard yet. chests would be awsome to have. just make sure you can delete them also.

I had a similar idea, but left the granular details to development, I called it Tribe Vault in the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiOkami View Post
    Surely it would be woodcrafting?
    my idea is to make it a structure so that once it's placed you can't move it without dismantling it- this only works with architecture structures.

This way bins would still have a purpose.

same idea as me, it would raplce the bins in your tribe, not be portable, dah
    common sense says it would be an architecture structure, using wood and metals.