Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    If you think "combat hasn't changed a bit since the start", it's clear you're not experiencing the same sync issues as other people, and thus pretty ridiculous and stupid for you to presume to lecture people on how it's manageable.

Why don't you put this in your sig? http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/200...n-program.html

Yeah ... FYI: 5 second desync --> outcome = 100% luck, unless, as I said, your opponent is a complete idiot or AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    If you think "combat hasn't changed a bit since the start", it's clear you're not experiencing the same sync issues as other people, and thus pretty ridiculous and stupid for you to presume to lecture people on how it's manageable.

Why don't you put this in your sig? http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/200...n-program.html

Yeah ... FYI: 5 second desync --> outcome = 100% luck, unless, as I said, your opponent is a complete idiot or AFK.
    I wasn't lecturing, just simply explaining my experience with the combat thus far. Again, I apologize if my opinion on the subject upsets you. I hope whatever issues you're having get resolved.

Xsyon Citizen
    The following quote definitively shows that what you just said is also utter BS:

but if you're within a zone, the combat hasn't changed a bit since the start. As bad as the combat system is, it isn't like it's only bad for some--we're all dealing with it
    Not only are you wrong for saying "combat hasn't changed a bit since the start", since some people are having huge desync and you've admitted yours is not that bad, it's clear you're also wrong when you say everyone is having the same sync problems, for exactly the same reasons.

Hence when you tell people they simply need to "adapt" when you're not having the same desync, that is lecturing, and it is ridiculous. Your "opinion" on the subject doesn't upset me, but making false claims about the server status isn't an "opinion".. it's just false claims.

The end.

Now, I have to go afk awhile, so I won't be around to correct what you say. Thus, please don't post anything for awhile.

Are some of you playing with 486s? That might be more of an issue.

-Edit-

Back up to very decent framerates on minimum settings in a crowded zone on a Pentium 4 system that uses PC3200 RAM and an AGP slot. I kind of doubt anyone has a lower-specced machine than this, so I've got to assume that the FPS is fixed for most everyone.
    Oh there it is.

This statement is complete and utter BS. The end.

Please explain how you "adapt" to a system in which your client only updates the position, direction, and velocity of other players every 3-5 seconds? Oh yeah -- you don't. You make "guestimates" as to where your opponent is, and those "guestimates" will be wrong 100% of the time unless the opponent is a complete idiot or AFK.

Hmm let's see: player position/movement sync is on a 5 second delay. But the server isn't crashing! Totally playable, d00dz!
    I really could not have said it better.. kudos to sirius...

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Are some of you playing with 486s? That might be more of an issue.

Oh there it is.
    Since I experience the same thing on my dual-core system and my tribe mates experience the same thing with 4 and 6 core systems, great cards, etc, it's pretty clear that it's not because of my hardware spec.

Thanks for the "it must be your machine" suggestion, though. Always helpful and relevant.

The following quote definitively shows that what you just said is also utter BS:

Not only are you wrong for saying "combat hasn't changed a bit since the start", since some people are having huge desync and you've admitted yours is not that bad, it's clear you're also wrong when you say everyone is having the same sync problems, for exactly the same reasons.

Hence when you tell people they simply need to "adapt" when you're not having the same desync, that is lecturing, and it is ridiculous. Your "opinion" on the subject doesn't upset me, but making false claims about the server status isn't an "opinion".. it's just false claims.

The end.

Now, I have to go afk awhile, so I won't be around to correct what you say. Thus, please don't post anything for awhile.
    Sorry to hear you're still having issues, mate. Have you upgraded your DirectX lately? I hear DirectX 7 fixes a lot of the issues.

Since I experience the same thing on my dual-core system and my tribe mates experience the same thing with 4 and 6 core systems, great cards, etc, it's pretty clear that it's not because of my hardware spec.

Thanks for the "it must be your machine" suggestion, though. Always helpful and relevant.
    Have you tried the game on a toaster yet for comparison?

Xsyon Citizen
    So you both admit you have no relevant comments to contribute to this discussion and are just here to flame people?

So you both admit you have no relevant comments to contribute to this discussion and are just here to flame people?
    Pointing out that outdated hardware may be a contributing factor in poor overall performance?

Oh the humanity...