Levelling and gaining exp question

I have been fishing a lot and I noticed I gained experience, and I managed to get one level up, but after thinking a bit about it I have some questions, anyone could help me sharing info?

1) You gain exp by performing ANY action (fishing, foraging, JUMPING, scavenging, any crafting,etc..)? Do you have to be successful in performing the action before gaining exp or while failing you also get it?

2) Every action that gives exp, gives the same? For example, fishing 1 fish gives the same exp as scavenging 1 item or craft?

3) Hitting players give exp too? Or killing them? I mean, combat actions give exp too?

4) Do you get less and less exp over time? For example, If I level 5 levels by fishing, then performing fishing again will still give me the same exp (or performing any other action, like scavenging)?

thanks!

You gain experience whether you succeed or not.

But the rest of the questions i'd like to know also.

As per my observations, though I might be wrong.

1) No but being successful gives more.

2) No, the more time consuming the more the xp it seems. Atleast scavenging, fishing and terraforming gives more xp than crafting an item.

3) Most likely yes.

4) Yes, you get less xp over time when training the same skill or else the levels just gets harder to obtain. Pretty much the same result in both cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankred View Post
    4) Yes, you get less xp over time when training the same skill or else the levels just gets harder to obtain. Pretty much the same result in both cases.
    Less XP over time per skill I believe. Terraforming 99 ->100 hardly gave XP and not at 100 it seems it gives none. Fishing (9) still give decent XP and Scavenging as well (55).

Quote Originally Posted by treyu View Post
    1) You gain exp by performing ANY action (fishing, foraging, JUMPING, scavenging, any crafting,etc..)? Do you have to be successful in performing the action before gaining exp or while failing you also get it?
    Any action that would increase a skill yields both experience towards increasing that skill and level experience. Both success and failure give you experience, although it's hard to tell if the amount is the same.

2) Every action that gives exp, gives the same? For example, fishing 1 fish gives the same exp as scavenging 1 item or craft?
    Actions are not equal. You can run around the lake in a few hours and gain less experience from running than you would from standing in one spot and fishing or crafting. Crafting actions are not all equal. The more materials and the more tools in a crafting action, the more experience you get. E.g. crafting PMX bats (2 mats) gives less experience than Rock Bludgeners (4 mats). Higher level sets also seem to give more experience.

3) Hitting players give exp too? Or killing them? I mean, combat actions give exp too?
    You raise the skill by using it, not succeeding in the action. Based on the actions of macro tribe members, I don't think you need to be near a player or critter.

4) Do you get less and less exp over time? For example, If I level 5 levels by fishing, then performing fishing again will still give me the same exp (or performing any other action, like scavenging)?
    Like most every game, it takes more experience to gain higher levels. Because it's much simpler from a programming standpoint, the same action probably yields the same experience, you just need to do more of them as you level. It is possible that some actions become "trivial" and stop giving experience. Low level actions like leather straps stop giving recipe gains, but it's hard (i.e. I'm too lazy) to test if this stops level or leather crafting leveling.

Ravelli

Problem in tool crafting is there don't seem to be any "higher level" things to craft.