Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is the prelude/game worth investing in?

Hey all, I pre ordered this game when it was first available, got into an early beta, watched the video like a fanatic, and instantly stopped playing or caring. The only reason I truely liked this game was because of the combat and looting system. I came from darkfall and I definately dont want this to be a Darkfall clone by any means, the game mechanics were just horrid at the time, and I decided to give it a year or 2 before checking it out again. So can anyone tell me, is it worth me trying? Pretty sure the prelude is going on so I should have access to it, hows the combat? The overall game? Fun? Any changes from the original plan?

Thanks to anyone who bothers to give me some good information.

Xsyon Citizen
    Combat doesn't really work due to massive desync.

Every time it looks like the game might start to become playable and stable, they add some pointless new feature that breaks everything all over again.

Ive been playing the game for about two days now and here's what i can honestly tell you-

Its an amazing game (for me) Completely sandbox in every meaning of the word. However if you want combat and you came from darkfall i would not recommend this game to you in its current state. Combat is currently not very stable, and might take a while to become so because it is not the primary priority of the game. However if you are looking for a slower paced game with community and world creation and character progression this is what Xsyon is as it stands right now.

Maybe keep an eye on this game untill the combat improves? They seem to be going the mount and blade route of combat which i think is by far the most player skilled multilayer game out there. So if they can get that implemented well its a + in my book.

Ok so what is there to do in the game then? What is the goal? And are they going to keep it free loot?

If i understand correctlly, right now the goal is for the players to start shaping the world. A basic introductory into the game. Because soon free stuff like junkpiles are supposed to run out and we will have to start trading and using economies and economics and such...

Alright thanks, guess I'll download it again, and try and find a... tribe I think to see what the game is about now adays, is it possible to start training combat skills yet atleast?

Nightson, This game is lacking in many categories if you don't like to craft or terraform (besides running around looking at empty player built cities for several hours and finally only if your lucky finding a bear or raccoon to kill) then this really isn't a game you would enjoy too much. Don't get me wrong the idea of the game is very exciting and it is truly a sandbox with endless possibilities in the future, but you might want to give the game a few more months if your interested in combat.

Thanks for the info, so basically I'm going to miss the whole prelude, well that sucks feels like I wasted money. Oh well hope this game shapes up and they decide to make PvP a priority at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightson View Post
    Thanks for the info, so basically I'm going to miss the whole prelude, well that sucks feels like I wasted money. Oh well hope this game shapes up and they decide to make PvP a priority at some point.
    actually prelude is going on right now, the main goal is to build up, not combat, ther eis combat and there are gankers just like in dark fall, how ever the main point is to build, skill up and craft, Not macro skilling up like in DF btw, the pvp at this time is basically luck of the draw seems like the HPB's are getting better because they desync with the server much more than the lpbs

Quote Originally Posted by Nightson View Post
    Hey all, I pre ordered this game when it was first available, got into an early beta, watched the video like a fanatic, and instantly stopped playing or caring. The only reason I truely liked this game was because of the combat and looting system. I came from darkfall and I definately dont want this to be a Darkfall clone by any means, the game mechanics were just horrid at the time, and I decided to give it a year or 2 before checking it out again. So can anyone tell me, is it worth me trying? Pretty sure the prelude is going on so I should have access to it, hows the combat? The overall game? Fun? Any changes from the original plan?

Thanks to anyone who bothers to give me some good information.
    to answer the question: no not really.

there is no pvp or combat system. most of the people say they dont even want pvp or combat.
    minimal changes in months, they are all busy with lag fixes and stuff like that