Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen

Rethink twitch if it doesn't work performance-wise

If the development process leads to a dead end in which sync/lag/fps can't be properly smoothed out, consider adopting non-twitch PVP mechanics.

Non-twitch PVP system with depth and real consequences > twitch PVP that can't be given consequences because it's too random

Hell no. Well, I'll agree to it as long as Jordi confirms I can get a refund if that's ever implemented.

By the way... Non-twitch means dice roll. "Random".

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Hell no. Well, I'll agree to it as long as Jordi confirms I can get a refund if that's ever implemented.

By the way... Non-twitch means dice roll. "Random".
    You will get no refund.

MMO's change constantly, and a glimpse at the past history of some AAA games will show that radical changes do happen from time to time. Entire character classes have been removed (or added) in some games. Changes to the way systems work ingame are not unusual.

Yes lets make this game have turned based pvp for the three carebears that want it. Im sure the other 50 or so non-carebear, twitch pvp loving guys still stay and continue the game.

A complete graphical overhaul would help here as well. I propose Tibia style graphics so that we can branch out and cater to the 486/56kb crowd.

A wise business move that would be.

While were at it might as well, add raiding dungeons, masses of instances, put pvp into instances called battlegrounds, and make the loot system tier'd and static. And then call it World of Warcraft.

Xsyon is Xsyon. It will be, what it is, And No more.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    Yes lets make this game have turned based pvp for the three carebears that want it. Im sure the other 50 or so non-carebear, twitch pvp loving guys still stay and continue the game.
    I'm not saying they should just ditch twich. But if they can't get it to work,* and they have to either ditch twitch, or just keep twitch but make PVP utterly meaningless, the former > the latter.

Carebear = no-consequences PVP, or no PVP at all
    Broken twitch PVP that is so random that the devs have to keep sieging off and safe zones on = crappy carebear twitch PVP, probably enjoyable only by ppl who suck at shooters :P

But, by all means, twitch > non-twitch if they can get twitch working..

*Note: it's not crazy to suggest they may never be able to get the performance to support twitch in the live gameplay environment, which is very complex and gives players the ability to drastically alter the game-world in real time, presenting serious technical challenges that are possibly insurmountable given the time and resources available to NG.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    A complete graphical overhaul would help here as well. I propose Tibia style graphics so that we can branch out and cater to the 486/56kb crowd.
    Again, people with very high-end systems are having the same sync problems in some geographical areas of the game. But, since you seem to want to continue a debate you've already lost, I've used my sig to commemorate your hopeless inability to reach logical conclusions. See below, friend.

So your saying Random Twitch Pvp, vs A system that uses DICE Rolls. Last time i checked, unless the dice are loaded.... there pretty damn random too.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dp3298 View Post
    I understand and agree with OP.
    Twitch > Click and run
    Broken Twitch < Click and run

To argue using statements of future events is silly.
    While I agree with that 100%, I feel the development team should be given the benefit of the doubt. Their patching efforts have been less than spectacular, but they have been consistent in making their improvements. After the next few hurdles are past, we should at least be left with a playable game. We've been told numerous times that the current form of combat will be totally revamped, and I personally am banking on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    You will get no refund.

MMO's change constantly, and a glimpse at the past history of some AAA games will show that radical changes do happen from time to time. Entire character classes have been removed (or added) in some games. Changes to the way systems work ingame are not unusual.
    I know of two who have gotten refunds in the past week. Xsyon may hold the record for refund-giving.

Really? MMO's change? Who woulda thunk!

Think you completely missed the point of my post.