Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robofriven View Post

I say as long as you're not in it mostly for the PvP give it time and you'll be happy. If you were drawn in by "full loot" then you're in the wrong game, as this game is never supposed to be PvP driven. PvP is there and adds to the fullness of the game, but if it's your only enjoyment there's better places to be.
    More Carebear Propaganda

+1 about the propoganda. In order to properly build a world - we are going to need conflict. We need it now more than ever with the prelude world filled with the blight of a million homesteads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    He never said that PvP is not important or that you can't PvP as much as you like He said that the game is not PvP focused, and that means several things development-wise.
    Well, considering that it seems like almost all of the content is going to come from other players, I don't see how it can't be PvP-focused.
    Thats why we have safe zones and thats why warfare will be opt-out. PvPers will find their fun hopefully, just like non-PvPers.
    I'm all for safe zones, but at some point, someone's going to have to realize that allowing the players to choose where the safezones are, and to "opt-out" of conflict, no matter what the circumstances are or where they are located, is a bad idea for balance and will be abused horribly. I would love to play the role of the invincible spy but I know it'd kill the game.

Now, if we have zones where everyone is protected and zones where noone is protected, and "opting out" of conflict means staying in a rather large and content-rich area, then by all means they should do that.

If they really want this game to develop into a player-driven, emergent gameplay game, then they will need to make sure each action and behavior has both a positive and negative consequence and that both weigh each other out so that there is no one right way to play. Currently this isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    +1 about the propoganda. In order to properly build a world - we are going to need conflict. We need it now more than ever with the prelude world filled with the blight of a million homesteads.
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = +5

Like right now, my neighboor is not playing, but the player occupied the land, and on that property is two trees that i would like to cut down, Right now i cant do it, and nothing i can do about it. THATS NOT SAND BOX. I WANT TO MESS WITH MY NEIGHBOORS SANDBOX.

He never said that PvP is not important or that you can't PvP as much as you like He said that the game is not PvP focused, and that means several things development-wise. Thats why we have safe zones and thats why warfare will be opt-out. PvPers will find their fun hopefully, just like non-PvPers.
    omg do we have to do this again. replay the broken record.

i have a full page of quotes (a couple pages back) that back up the position that pvp is integral to game and while not the PRIMARY focus, it is a core tenet of the game play.

IT IS a pvp game.
    IT IS modeled after the godfather of all pvp games (UO)

i should say it is supposed to be a pvp game...since right now, it's nothing of the sort. No pvp. No people to pvp with. Having a great time building walls and digging trenches.

Here's my 3 cents again,

I think this game needs PVP. Since we are in a post-apocalyptic world with scarce resources we should be quite literally forced to fight for some of them. It will "propell" the game forward, especially at such an early stage as prelude, It will put prices on goods acquired through scavenging/gathering etc. The way I see it is, if there is a big pile of junk somewhere in my zone then it should automatically be a "hot area" with lots of competition and pvp ( mind you, NO tribes on the freaking junk piles.) The goods acquired through scavenging would be worth a lot then. People would start scavenging/hunting scavengers in groups, it would really make you fell you are in a post apocalyptic world.

Then ofcourse comes the technical issues with PVP that the game is experiencing right now :P Those are the priority :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    omg do we have to do this again. replay the broken record.

i have a full page of quotes (a couple pages back) that back up the position that pvp is integral to game and while not the PRIMARY focus, it is a core tenet of the game play.

IT IS a pvp game.
    IT IS modeled after the godfather of all pvp games (UO)

i should say it is supposed to be a pvp game...since right now, it's nothing of the sort. No pvp. No people to pvp with. Having a great time building walls and digging trenches.
    I wonder what could convince you that Xsyon is not a PvP game. The devs said so, it didn't work. The lack of features that are supposed to be in a PvP game...it didn't work. Your personal experience you just mentioned...it didn't work.

Really, you can call Xsyon whatever you like. Just don't blame the devs if it turns out to be something different than what you said.

Really, you can call Xsyon whatever you like. Just don't blame the devs if it turns out to be something different than what you said.

Yeah, We can talk here all we want. If the devs listen or not is completely their choice. It's their project/game afterall :P. Still, I am eager to find out what they will come up with.

I wonder what could convince you that Xsyon is not a PvP game. The devs said so, it didn't work. The lack of features that are supposed to be in a PvP game...it didn't work. Your personal experience you just mentioned...it didn't work.

PvP can work really well. It's just that people keep thinking that it has to follow the UO/Darkfall model of completely open FFA-PvP and that's where the latest batch of "sandbox" games are really stumbling. They're relying too much on making persistent world Quake-like games. Instead of actually giving players things to do that are fun in addition to PvP.

It's actually a really simple fix too.

Make part of the world safe and don't allow players to build/terraform there. Resources that are needed in the largest amounts and for many, different, crafted items would be found in this area. But mainly in low-qualities with the higher quality stuff being rarer to find.

Make some of the world semi-safe, like what we have now, so players can build and terraform without fear of someone knocking down their stuff but make it so that major resource nodes (things similar to junk piles; not trees) act like homesteads with players' safezones being unable to encompass the node. More higher quality materials would spawn here, including types of resources that wouldn't be found in the complete safe zones.

Make the rest of the world (preferentially a large portion) open-FFA-PvP, with players being able to build and terraform at their leisure. All types of resources would be able to be acquired here, along with having mines and nodes that last a good while and/or regenerate [during server downtime].

I know this would work, because it gives pvp-entuisists and pve-entuisists places where they can play and accomplish things. It also allows for trade routes to form, which caters to smuggler types, and it hinders noones playing-style. Since if this game was only PvE, the PvP people would leave and if it was only PvP then most of the PvE people would leave.