Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    The problem the big tribes seem to be having is that they used their accumulated knowledge in Alpha/Beta and planned and optimized their course of action...and then blew through it all in the first week. Those of us who homestead/solo are still working on getting settled, so we have much to do still.

I am still a bit puzzled by some comments, though. Jordi has repeatedly stated that the game is centered around rebuilding civilization and societies after an apocalypse (especially in Prelude) with a minor focus on PvP, yet people are complaining that there is "nothing to do but build and craft" and very little chance or reason for PvP......well, duh.

id also like to point out this week i have been gaining 1 new member per day. So id say the game is still growing.

Ahh Jadzia, always looking at Xsyon through rose coloured glasses

I have experienced the same thing as the OP, cos Im in the same zone, but numbers in this game have seriously, seriously dropped to an alarming level. I can give you some numbers from my own guild. Before we started actively recruiting, we had around 10 members that were interested in starting Xsyon, members we had from MO, about 4 of those members survived past the first bungled release. Since we started actively recruiting, we have had 75+ applicants, we now have a total of 40 members on our totem, give or take 1 or 2, and currently have around 10 active members. If this game lived up to all it has promised, and was bug free, or even just had its bugs squashed quickly and efficiently, we would currnently have about 80 members on the totem, most of which would be playing actively. Sadly, this is not the case.

IRC numbers have dropped from having around 300 at first release date, to around 200 or so on 2nd release, to 150 about 3 weeks ago, to a grand total of no more than 30 or so in the past week. Again, these numbers are very alarming.

Now dont get me wrong, I like the game, and I still play, though I would prefer if a lot of things were fixed, first and foremost, and that we had more content coming in a little quicker. So far, we are a month into Prelude, and the bugs havent even been sorted. Prelude was originally only supposed to last 6mths, and we were to see a tonne of content added during this time. We are 1/6th of the way into Prelude then, and not one bit of new content, and still we see the devs needing to spend endless hours on fixing bugs, that they just cant seem to fix. How are they working on agriculture or religion, or tribe expansion, or combat overhaul, if they are only working on bugs they cant seem to fix? Again, alarm bells are ringing.

My account is currently set to renew sub, and I wont be changing that at this point, but we really need to start seeing some stuff happen from the dev team. Apparently a new programmer has been put on, yet nothing seems to be happening any quicker, and still Jooky has no time to have a look at the forums and respond to concerns like this one, like he used to in beta. We need more comms from the devs, but at the same time, more progress in the fixing of bugs and the adding of content, and the reviewing of GUI's and mechanics. The list remains very long and grows day by day, of things that need to be done. All of these things combined, make it extremely hard, as a guild co-leader, to keep members interested and still logging in. We do the best we can, but we need some help from the devs to keep people interested and playing also.

Hopefully they sort this shit out soon, and everyone will start logging in again, and we wont feel constantly pressured in trying to keep our members somehow interested, which just seems impossible atm if they arent actually liking the game how it currently is, or have that same immense hope that some of us have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Ahh Jadzia, always looking at Xsyon through rose coloured glasses
    This is so going into my quotes section

you naive cute carebears really thought this was enough, didnt you

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyEvil View Post
    Well, apparently we're suppose to "build, trade and explore" for the 6 month prelude too bad we've:

Built an entire city with out 60+ members.
    Have 5000+ of every resource.
    Explored the entire game inside and out during the like 3 year alpha/beta.

At least SWToR beta will be here soon.
    Wow you have 5000 white polyester cloth, 5000 cobalt acrylic cloth, 5000 black bear round bones, 5000 large metal sheets, etc etc?
    Wow!

Of do you mean you have 5000 of each currency?
    Because my tribe has over twice that and we are nowhere close to finished building.

And also if you do in fact have 5000 of all the cloths etc; if you leave, can I have your stuff?

Evil_Inq what happened to your band of merry basketball oddities?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I have a problem.
    My hunters don't have anything to hunt...people or animals.
    My killers don't have a lot to kill (safe zones baby) and no reason to do it if they could.
    My explorers kinda lost interest with the lag.
    Healers? heal what?
    My politicians, well without conflict there is no need for diplomacy, thus now politic to rabble.
    My warlords, my generals, while readyy and willing to wait out the prelude for the things to come, at this point see no reason to do anything but wait.

So, i'm going to bitch, moan, cajole, and scream to whatever degree I care to, because the devs need to deliver what we paid for. They need to deliver, so I can tell my folks that they didn't waste their money. That this is in fact a great game....
    .... Dubanka is solid. Our guilds are very similar.

VD and HH both took a beating from haters when we tried to point out all the flaws of the game. It was rather amusing to me and still is.

Headhunters have been around for YEARS.. we have alot of experience in games and offered help through the discussions and suggestion forums. Both HH and VD saw this coming. We got flamed for having constructive critisism about Xyson.

I've advocated for alot of things and aspects of the game that I could give two shits about... I am a PK. However I do understand All aspects of the game are needed to keep the sandbox populated and a fun place to play. It's a shame the carebears wanted everything to be easy and are burnt out already. The Devs' caved..

They can make it up by releasing new content and by working on pvp and mob spawns. But they dont have long.. this game is slipping away.

Xsyon Citizen
    Gradually, *some* (but not all, or even most) of the pathological peaceniks in this game will realize that without meaningful PVP, there will be:

No competition, no challenge, no economy, no trade, no politics; nothing to do; nothing to talk about

All there will be is:

*Making a sandcastle because it looks pretty
    *Exploring the landscape because it looks pretty
    *Making weapons and armor because they look pretty
    *Taming pretty animals and teaching them to behave peacefully
    *Using stealth to play hide-and-seek
    *"Trading" for pretty stuff that you already have in infinite supply (because trading is fun!)
    *The prettiest stuff will be the most sought-after, and everyone will have it because resources, recipes, etc, are unlimited, and access to them is not restricted by competition
    *Talking on the forums about how pretty things are
    *Starting a religion strictly for the awesome fashion options it brings to the table
    *Building additional pretty stuff
    *Looking forward to pretty stuff that will be added to the game in the future

Resources, logistics, politics, trade -- these are all tools, not goals. You use them to work towards overcoming a challenge. If there's no challenge to overcome, they're worse than window-dressing... they're just busy work for the sake of busy work. Take away that challenge, that competition, and you are playing The Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    We have 106 members in-game right now and I doubt Hopi makes up 1/3 of the game's population.
    +apache and pandemic would be about 180/190ish