Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Wow talk about huge response ^^.. This is intresting to know... xsyon claims there are around 200 people online at most times and they have taken hit in numbers since launch but things are going good.. I really hope they fix pvp frame and lag issues so at least we get our pvpers back in game and do soemthing else appart of terraforming..

keep these comments comming people

I havent logged on for about 2 weeks now. I get frustrated and bored, between the lag, constant clicking and poor UI.
    I am sure my tribe is wondering where I am at. It just doesn't seem fun. The graphics and animations are very dated and are not up to par with the times.

I really dont think I will subscribe once my free time runs out.
    Oh, and the massive patches that take forever to download frustrates me also.
    Maybe I will come back after a few months or a year and see if the game improved, but at this rate, to put it simply, It's not fun to play.

It's very simple, most of ppl finished building their homestands, castles, villiges, etc, or died at the keyboard from grinding crafts There is really nothing else to do in game. And if you are in a big tribe that means there is even less to do.
    Crafting? mostly pointless, all you need is baskets, and tools(if ya have somebody in tribe to take basketry and somebody to take toolcrafting then you are set).
    Trading is nonexisted tbh, there is a lot of everythign everywhere, beside few rare scavengable items.
    And im not even gonna start with pvp or hunting

I am in 15 ppl tribe where actually only around 4-5 are really active, 5 log in from time to time and rest probably wont enter xsyon ever again. And maybe its good cos if all members were active we would already finish our little "castle" we are building and probably all left the game.
    Its supouse to be a survival type game? That brings stupid smile to my face when i look at my tribe camp and i wonder where we will squizze another basket ;P.
    2 weeks after release and semi active, average tribe like mine have tons of stuff and im not sure what exacly do with it, hundrets of weapons, tools, scavengable stuff etc.
    Survival? My char lives in luxury

Crafting is terribly boring and and seems not rewarding, fighting is basically in alpha stage, so when you will finish building your ingame "home" you basically reached the current prelude "endgame"content(many ppl already did).
    Thats why its becoming so empty.
    And dont forget about all those ppl who only bought this game for pvp, i bet most of them already forgot what xsyon is.

I knew that due to small dev team with limited founds and slow development the playerbase will be decreasing slowly but i didnt expected whats happening now. Maybe im exaggerating but if devs wont speed up on adding content to the game or fixing some stuff at least than by the end of free 2 months there will be no more than 50 ppl still playing this game.

Xsyon Citizen
    I've seen zone 700 go from very active /general chat to total silence. Last night I went looking for someone to kill and wound up committing suicide in the green mist after about an hour, having not found a single player.

As depressing as that is, some of the responses in this thread boggle the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiOkami View Post
    As for less people on the forums, I imagine it is half people not playing the game and three quarters the fact that nearly all the threads on the forums are whiners/trolls/flamers/doomsayers etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayhanket
    The reason you can't see people in game is PvP. Go try something else (there are many games with meaningful PvP), let people who understand "PvP sucks now" to play. And next time you come you'll see more people.
    News flash, kids: people aren't quitting because of mean ole PVPers and criticism on the forums. They're quitting because of the reasons you're seeing criticism on the forums. There's nothing to do in this game at present, and many of the things that are in-game are broken. After insisting on "launching" the game before it was ready, the devs now have very little time left to impress the remainder of the playerbase into staying.

my tribe has about 4 very actives and maybe 3-4 semi actives and the other 22 are away at the moment. But my area has a nice group of allied tribes (all have been hit by lowering numbers) but still a nice population overall if you get to know your neighbors. We dont take kindly to pk greifers so beware; we actually have a group that patrols the area for us led by Blackzilla that keeps most of the riffraff away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    News flash, kids: people aren't quitting because of mean ole PVPers and criticism on the forums. They're quitting because of the reasons you're seeing criticism on the forums. There's nothing to do in this game at present, and many of the things that are in-game are broken. After insisting on "launching" the game before it was ready, the devs now have very little time left to impress the remainder of the playerbase into staying.
    Yeah but where is this lack of content you are talking about?
    Has your tribe gotten all the architectural recipes (24 i beleive)?
    Has your tribe built its sprawling metropolis (80 bricks and 20 mortar per 10ft wall section)?
    Has your tribe stockpiled enough resources for once the content starts flowing?
    Has your tribe taken part in a tribe-wide huge terraforming project?
    Or are you just mad that there are not enough people actively PVPing?

I agree combat, decay, and all things that will make PVP work needs to be fixed.
    And weird load time issues and bugs need to be too.
    But there is still plenty of stuff to do; even if you hardcore rushed the content I'm sure your city doesn't look as good as some of the amazing works of art ive seen.

Well combined with new things coming out too slow, animals not being fixed, lag between zones, bad combat, and having to completely disband your tribe to upgrade totem (just to name a few)...me and my friends can't find the motivation to log in. We'll check back in a couple weeks to see how it's going.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    my tribe has about 4 very actives and maybe 3-4 semi actives and the other 22 are away at the moment. But my area has a nice group of allied tribes (all have been hit by lowering numbers) but still a nice population overall if you get to know your neighbors. We dont take kindly to pk greifers so beware; we actually have a group that patrols the area for us led by Blackzilla that keeps most of the riffraff away.
    Zone and coords please?

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed

(responses in bold)

Yeah but where is this lack of content you are talking about?
    Has your tribe gotten all the architectural recipes (24 i beleive)? Are you kidding? No. Boring.
    Has your tribe built its sprawling metropolis (80 bricks and 20 mortar per 10ft wall section)? Yes
    Has your tribe stockpiled enough resources for once the content starts flowing? Yes
    Has your tribe taken part in a tribe-wide huge terraforming project? Yes and since there was nothing else to do, that helped bore people into quitting
    Or are you just mad that there are not enough people actively PVPing? Did you misread my post? I can't even find people in-game and the pvp is broken so it matters little whether people are participating in it "actively

I agree combat, decay, and all things that will make PVP work needs to be fixed.
    And weird load time issues and bugs need to be too.
    But there is still plenty of stuff to do (like what?); even if you hardcore rushed the content I'm sure your city doesn't look as good as some of the amazing works of art ive seen. (it looks great, but there is still nothing to do)

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    Yeah, we live right on the border of a zone, and it becomes impossible to move logs inbetween our log pile and our camp.
    Hehe, we live in a corner, thankfully the four zones involved are not heavily populated. Basically we've gotten good at planning our efforts but it definitely bites into your play time to travel much of anywhere.

In our area I see the same folks every night. Spent the last few peaceful days (our PK fiend neighbors haven't been on in a while) crafting and stocking up and trading. Even did some roadbuilding, fun! Best time I've had actually, without the jerks trying to gank me at every turn. I did die once but was way out of my area; totally different people in local chat. Was travelling and working on woodworking (got to 100!) as all our local trees have been butchered. I don't blame the guys, as I was a total stranger in thier area. It was a long run back, so free ticket home FTW!

As a solo homesteader, the last few days have been great for me. No complaints except for the load times and zoning lag.

YMMV

I haven't played since the maps were posted.

I had wanted an exploring game but the community wrecked it by effectively hacking the map data.

That and all the Macroing.

I actually liked the game - pity.

Now I'm back playing Civilisation IV again.